INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPALA PARKING TICKETS

+23
CanuckBob
CHILLIN
MexicoPete
Zedinmexico
seisdedos
Flamingo
RoofBob
Trailrunner
Ms.Thang
joyfull
Pedro
gringal
slainte39
Rosa Venus
simpsca
viajero
ComputerGuy
brigitte
Intercasa
saege007
Talosian
CheenaGringo
Jim W
27 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CHAPALA PARKING TICKETS - Page 3 Empty Re: CHAPALA PARKING TICKETS

Post by Trailrunner Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 pm

What I saw happen when they installed pay to park over by the fountain and along that street was that people simply didn't park there and filled up all the streets a block or so inland making it much more difficult to find a place to park to conduct business in centro and to get water or shop at the mercado. Can't tell you how many times I've set out for the mercado to buy food not found any place to leave my car and gave up. The best way for me to shop the mercado is to take the bus and lug a lot of produce home!

The way I see it, and I may be completely wrong, is the more metered parking they install the more people will park on the free spots on the streets.

I don't think it's about the money either, it's about the hassle. And now meter maids with a quota?!?!?! Gimme a break.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Rosa Venus:

In defence of those using "high tech" cameras, I believe the deterrent is the ability to produce a loud noise and lighting on the area where the intrusion has been made? Both of these are the enemy of the burglar whereas they might even laugh at the concept of a video documenting their nefarious deeds!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:18 pm

In Denver, where the boot originated BTW, you had to have several unpaid parking tickets before you got a boot. Is it the same here?

When I have parked in a "pay or ticket" zone, little kids always run up and offer to get the pay card for me. I give them a peso. Nice little cottage industry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_clamp
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Flamingo:

Thank you for the reminder! You refreshed my memory of the use of boots at the University of Denver and my rich friends who had cars being booted! My motorcycle never had those types of problems but it still tried to kill me when it had a chance!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:41 pm

28 cars were booted during semana Santa. Any bad parking job can get you the boot , including not having a paid parking thing in your window. Can't imagine the meter maid having a way to know how many tickets you have racked up.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Today I filed the request to suspend the concession of the company who does the parking meters as they haven´t held up their end of the bargain and to verify and provide me with a written report on the cameras they promised to install.

http://www.chapalalaw.com/Parking.pdf
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:58 pm

You cite no legal grounds prohibiting nor contractual provision that keeps the company from operating the parking meters until all work contracted has been completed.
Does their contract prohibit the use of parking meters until all services contacted for are completed?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

I still haven't heard back from the Guadalajara Reporter. They said they would follow-up in the email I received Friday, and advise. They said the key people @ Chapala were on Holiday and would return on Monday the 8th.
Should be interesting to see who saves face....newspaper or city. I am sure that based on the newspaper article at least a hundred people were ticketed or booted between the 29th of March and the 8th of April.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:05 pm

The city now has this placed at issue and will have to respond, that was the idea. Do you think they will say we were promised one thing, never got it and we will stick it to the citizens anyways and let the company not comply? While it is possible, they know they are being watched and I can always give copies of my request and their response to the local paper.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:51 pm

Intercasa wrote:The city now has this placed at issue and will have to respond, that was the idea. Do you think they will say we were promised one thing, never got it and we will stick it to the citizens anyways and let the company not comply? While it is possible, they know they are being watched and I can always give copies of my request and their response to the local paper.

Why do they have to respond? Better yet, what type of response are they obligated to give? And do you think think the meter company will sit on their hands? They have lawyers too.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, today the parky meters are in operation between Flavio Romero And lopez Cotilla and there are TONS of empty spaces. Anyone with an extra 6 pesos should be thrilled to pieces.
The merchants , however, were mortified because they thought that the parky meters on madero had been suspended until they came to a resolution. NOT.

What Cisneros Garcia said about that:
"Respecto a la entrada en operación de los parqimetros instalados en la Avenida Francisco I. Madero, Cisneros García informó que aún es un asunto “pendiente” que tienen que resolver la empresa y el Ayuntamiento de Chapala, tomando en cuenta que existe una inconformidad expresa por parte de los vecinos."

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:
Ms.Thang wrote:I really didn't think the average gringo who is an occasional shopper in Chapala would react in such a negative way.

You underestimate how ridiculous so many of us are.

Re the cameras. I agree completely Trailrunner. I always scratch my head when I hear about people installing expensive video surveillance systems for their homes. Maybe, hopefully, they work as some kind of deterrant. But I wouldn't expect to get much satisfaction if, say after being burgled, I walked into the MP with my video of the criminals and said, "Okay! Here! Go get 'em!!!"

Like I said, hopefully in some instances they work as a deterrant. Ojalá.

It allows one to see who is at one door 40ft from where you are sitting. It allow you to see if anyone is outside waiting for you to open the garage
door. It gives my wife confidence to open the door as she knows who is there. The outside camera pointed down the street allowed me to find out
who was tearing down all the Carnival posters in Ajijic at night. It turned out to be drunk Mexicans LOL.

See they can be very handy things.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:05 pm

Actually they MUST respond or the municipality can be fined and we reminded them by citing Article 8 of the constitution as well as per the laws of transparency. I will check back next week. I will propose to them that in lieu of suspending the concession that the municipality get 90% of the proceeds until they company complies.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Intercasa wrote:Actually they MUST respond or the municipality can be fined and we reminded them by citing Article 8 of the constitution as well as per the laws of transparency. I will check back next week. I will propose to them that in lieu of suspending the concession that the municipality get 90% of the proceeds until they company complies.

Sure, they are supposed to respond but that doesn't mean a response in the form of some type of resolution. All they have to do is say yes, we received your petition and we are reviewing it. Then they can sit on it.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:15 pm

We requested they verify the cameras which were part of the deal and report back in writing, it is a start, nobody else has done anything!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Intercasa wrote:We requested they verify the cameras which were part of the deal and report back in writing, it is a start, nobody else has done anything!

Tell me, licenciado. If a company gets a concession on a toll road between two cities, can they begin to charge tolls on completed sections of the road, before the complete road is finished?

Last edited by seisdedos on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Depends.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Intercasa wrote:Depends.

Oh yeah? On what?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:07 pm

That depends too Very Happy
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Federal laws, details of concession, practices and probably a host of other things.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Intercasa wrote:Federal laws, details of concession, practices and probably a host of other things.

The only difference being municipal vs federal as far as the meters and cameras go. So without knowing the particulars it will be hard to make your case, I'd imagine.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 pm

And Federal not a local cause celebree with an office close to file papers!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:57 pm

so what is the next step if they reject your request?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:57 am

Turn the responses over to the newspapers and let the citizens lynch their own over the issues.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 am

So, Spencer...does this just mean that the cameras will prevent damage and auto theft or is there insurance?

...Otros beneficios que otorgarán las empresas son la instalación de 9 cámaras de video vigilancia en donde se encuentren los estacionómetros y un seguro contra daños o robo de vehículos para los usuarios....

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:06 am

Ms.Thang wrote:So, Spencer...does this just mean that the cameras will prevent damage and auto theft or is there insurance?

...Otros beneficios que otorgarán las empresas son la instalación de 9 cámaras de video vigilancia en donde se encuentren los estacionómetros y un seguro contra daños o robo de vehículos para los usuarios....
the cameras were supposed to have a monitor in the police station for criminal activity only,so that the police could catch the cholos at it. has nothing to do with insurance.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next