INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another kidnapping and shooting in Jocotopec-El Limon yesterday

+9
CanuckBob
Thomas Summers
Flamingo
elehne1
saege007
rs6000
slainte39
Sideways
simpsca
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another kidnapping and shooting in Jocotopec-El Limon yesterday Empty Another kidnapping and shooting in Jocotopec-El Limon yesterday

Post by simpsca Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:16 am

Owner of a prominent restaurant told me that a man from Joco who owns 5 hardware stores was kidnapped and shot.  The kidnappers apparently took him to a house in El Limon but the police were able to catch some of the guys.  I don't know the status of the man that was kidnapped.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Another kidnapping and shooting in Jocotopec-El Limon yesterday Empty Re: Another kidnapping and shooting in Jocotopec-El Limon yesterday

Post by Sideways Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 am

Is this the same as the incident yesterday in SJC???  Or a part of it??

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Another kidnapping and shooting in Jocotopec-El Limon yesterday Empty Re: Another kidnapping and shooting in Jocotopec-El Limon yesterday

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 am

simpsca wrote:Owner of a prominent restaurant told me that a man from Joco who owns 5 hardware stores was kidnapped and shot.  The kidnappers apparently took him to a house in El Limon but the police were able to catch some of the guys.  I don't know the status of the man that was kidnapped.

Ferreterias Galvez....I believe the victim was a fatality.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:22 am

No this is a different incident from the car chasing where two men were shot and killed and one policeman injured. This happened one day later.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:01 am

According to Twitter there were 2 separate incidents.
One on Mon afternoon and another on Tue morning

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:09 am

In this incident, what I am hearing is that the victim was shot in the head and dumped.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:31 am

It is my understanding the victim is as posted in the Jocotepec news.  Associated with the Galvez hardware stores.
IBARRA HERIBERTO DIED THE LORD GALVEZ - THE RADISH

Francisco Hernandez V. | June 19, 2013 | 2 Comments

TODAY JUNE 18, 2013 AT 8 NIGHT, HERIBERTO IBARRA DIED THE LORD KNOWN AS THE RADISH GALVEZ, YOUR BODY WILL BE WATCHING IN COMPANION OF NUMB 6O MATAMOROS DELEGATION FROM THE TREASURY.

WWW.JOCOTEPEC.COM PAGE AND ALL ACCOMPANYING COABORADORES IBARRA FAMILY AND I EXPRESS SINCERE CONDOLENCES nuesro, FORTALESCA OUR LORD GOD ALL YOUR FAMILY AND GIVE YOU THE COMFORT TO SUPPORT THIS SO GREAT LOSS

THEN YOU AVISARMOS OF MASS.

REST IN PEACE HERIBERTO

Prayers go out to the family.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:41 pm

According to the one twitter comment, the sicarios were his employees.
If so....God awful.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:51 pm

He was such a dear man. Always willing to help a dumb gringa figure out what tools or hardware she needed to buy. My heart goes out to his family.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:42 pm

There's a ton of info on TOB about SJC and Joco....claiming MXN's are leaving town, etc.  Bad stuff going down.  

Anyone here from SJC or Joco with some info?  

PS: TOB is now allowing threads on Crime to continue; used to be it was THIS board where we went for info on crime, back when TOB banned the topic altogether.  

Any chance this Board will make this Crime Section a bit more open...ie., not requiring logging in to read?

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Summers Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Chapala.com is much more open and honest than this one. (Very popular board, the best we have seen. They get all the information first). Mexconnect is open and uncensored as well. Why is that?

Thomas Summers

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Sideways wrote:

PS: TOB is now allowing threads on Crime to continue; used to be it was THIS board where we went for info on crime, back when TOB banned the topic altogether.  

Check it out....the last three threads on the TOB about the shootings have been locked.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:03 pm

Over a year ago there were a bunch of thugs from Jocotopec who visited many businesses to extort monthly payments to not hurt them. I personally know one business that moved from west Ajijic to Guadalajara. Another Mexican left for the US and rented out her hotel.  Third shop owner moved his business closer to town, Ajijic. A restaurant I used to go to closed suddenly. There is a lot of extortion west on San Juan Cosala and some Mexicans and expats are leaving or moving to other areas. 

My cleaning lady lives in Jocotopec and her mother received a call that if she did not pay money they would kidnap my cleaning lady. These are poor people and I drove her home from work for awhile. Yes there is a lot going on out here and I probably don't know most of it.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 pm

06.20.201323:04:53Sideways wrote:There's a ton of info on TOB about SJC and Joco....claiming MXN's are leaving town, etc.  Bad stuff going down.

Mostly on information???, posted by E-raq.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:43 am

simpsca wrote:Over a year ago there were a bunch of thugs from Jocotopec who visited many businesses to extort monthly payments to not hurt them. I personally know one business that moved from west Ajijic to Guadalajara. Another Mexican left for the US and rented out her hotel.  Third shop owner moved his business closer to town, Ajijic. A restaurant I used to go to closed suddenly. There is a lot of extortion west on San Juan Cosala and some Mexicans and expats are leaving or moving to other areas. 

My cleaning lady lives in Jocotopec and her mother received a call that if she did not pay money they would kidnap my cleaning lady. These are poor people and I drove her home from work for awhile. Yes there is a lot going on out here and I probably don't know most of it.

My question is......
There are probably close to 100 commercial enterprises between Villa Nova and the east limits of SJC, that have been in business 1 year or longer.
How do they stay in business?
Do they...
1.   Pay off
2.   Get passed over by extortion threats
or
3.  Ignore them
???
I have been personally involved in 2 businesses in that geographical area for many years and have never been approached. That's not to say it can't happen, and if it is happening, there does seem to be some sort of selection process or maybe it's just luck. ¿Quíen sabe?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 am

I don't know their selection process or if they extort everyone.  I only know 3 people it has happened to personally.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:43 am

slainte39 wrote:
simpsca wrote:Over a year ago there were a bunch of thugs from Jocotopec who visited many businesses to extort monthly payments to not hurt them. I personally know one business that moved from west Ajijic to Guadalajara. Another Mexican left for the US and rented out her hotel.  Third shop owner moved his business closer to town, Ajijic. A restaurant I used to go to closed suddenly. There is a lot of extortion west on San Juan Cosala and some Mexicans and expats are leaving or moving to other areas. 

My question is......
There are probably close to 100 commercial enterprises between Villa Nova and the east limits of SJC, that have been in business 1 year or longer.
Do they...
1.   Pay off
or
3.  Ignore them
???
I have been personally involved in 2 businesses in that geographical area for many years and have never been approached. That's not to say it can't happen, and if it is happening, there does seem to be some sort of selection process or maybe it's just luck. ¿Quíen sabe?

My first thought is that they probably avoid the gringos unless the opportunity was enormous.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:48 am

Only one was a gringo - he moved his business closer to Ajijic.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:47 am

CanuckBob wrote:
slainte39 wrote:

My question is......
Do they...
1.   Pay off
or
3.  Ignore them
???

My first thought is that they probably avoid the gringos unless the opportunity was enormous.

Both businesses I mentioned are managed and staffed by Mexicans...one has mostly NOB clients the other mostly Mexican customers.  
Still can't draw any conclusions.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:51 am

simpsca wrote:Only one was a gringo - he moved his business closer to Ajijic.

Did the extortion threats continue?  Maybe it's all Location?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:07 pm

Sideways wrote:PS: TOB is now allowing threads on Crime to continue; used to be it was THIS board where we went for info on crime, back when TOB banned the topic altogether.  

Any chance this Board will make this Crime Section a bit more open...ie., not requiring logging in to read?

I suppose Coldwell Banker doesn't have any listings that they give a shit about in those two towns. Besides looks to me like those threads have now either been deleted or locked down over there.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: The gringo who moved his business closer to Ajijic:   presuming that extortion was the real reason for the move, wasn't he involved in a fairly noisy and public dispute about "squatters" on or near his residential property in the SJC area prior to the move?   Seems like that could put someone in the so-called "cross-hairs."
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sideways Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Heard one story firsthand from a gringo owner of a small business in Ajijic.  Guys came around to extort for 'protection' when he wasn't there.  Scared his two Mexican workers who told the 'extortionists' they had to come back and talk to their jefe.  

When they came back, the owner (who told me this story) said he laughed in their faces and said get the f out of here.  And they left.  

The owner said they didn't look very 'professional' and this was back when there were more public security problems...home invasions and the man killed by Number 4, lots and lots of phoney phone 'extortions, etc.  He figured these guys for a couple of punks trying to capitalize on the then heightened state of fear, 
not the real deal.  

He also told me that he's never heard of any gringo business owners getting hit up like this, at least in Ajijic.

Sideways
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Gringo business owner hit up in El Chante and moved business to Ajijic.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:08 pm

The only extortionists I ever encountered were those SOB's from the sindicatos.(government approved extortion)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next