INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alleged Shooting in Chapala Yesterday (Jan.29 2019)

+6
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
Kiri
slainte39
brigitte
helohfe
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alleged Shooting in Chapala Yesterday (Jan.29 2019) Empty Alleged Shooting in Chapala Yesterday (Jan.29 2019)

Post by helohfe Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:38 pm

Any other rumors or info of assaults on Zaragoza in Chapala yesterday according to "Facebook" ???

helohfe
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Alleged Shooting in Chapala Yesterday (Jan.29 2019) Empty Re: Alleged Shooting in Chapala Yesterday (Jan.29 2019)

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:21 pm

Do not worry , they were Mexicans so no one cares about them.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Alleged Shooting in Chapala Yesterday (Jan.29 2019) Empty Re: Alleged Shooting in Chapala Yesterday (Jan.29 2019)

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:05 pm

brigitte wrote:Do not worry , they were Mexicans so no one cares about them.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:26 pm

being sarcastic Slainte39,, You noticed? No one offered to build a memorium for that couple.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:29 pm

brigitte wrote:being sarcastic Slainte39,, You noticed? No one offered to build a memorium for that couple.
Not funny... Some things are not to be joked about... IMHO.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:36 pm

She wasn't joking or trying to be funny, anyone who knows her knows that. She was making a very good point, and that is many Mexican nationals (innocents) get killed around here and unless personal friends, not one foreigner has suggested grieving or building a memorial to them - but one foreigner gets murdered and everyone loses their mind. Notice anything odd about that?

I share her viewpoint.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:39 pm

I find it more offensive at how the authorities react when it is a expat versus a national and so do some of my Mexican friends.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:50 pm

yes Bob, it is appalling as well no question about that and that is true throughout the country..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:00 pm

Kiri, I do not find it funny that thousands of Mexicans , disappear, get tortured and killed and the authorities do nothing about it and expats do not even mention it or notice it.
This post from helohfe is the first one I see inquiring about what happened to these people. It was said it was about drugs and everyone forgets about it. If they had been foreigners then the expats would have worried about it.
A Mexican dies, let´s blame the drug problem an expat dies and t is a big deal.. , Kiri, this is not so funny. It seems to me the situation is sad in both cases , one is not sadder than the other.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Unfortunately many times we just dont hear about the mexican deaths, kidnappings extortion etc that are all too common here.
The snowflakes would melt if they really knew what can and does happen all to often to mexicans.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Or maybe not because snowflakes are white and pure unlike the Mexicans... This said, I think they would all do us a favor and go home if they really realized what goes on in this country.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:13 pm

brigitte wrote:Kiri, I do not find it funny that thousands of Mexicans , disappear, get tortured and killed and the authorities do nothing about it and expats do not even mention it or notice it.
This post from helohfe is the first one I see inquiring about what happened to these people. It was said it was about drugs and everyone forgets about it. If they had been foreigners then the expats would have worried about it.
A Mexican dies, let´s blame the drug problem an expat dies and t is a big deal.. , Kiri, this is not so funny. It seems to me the situation is sad in both cases , one is not sadder than the other.

You are absolutely right, all life is sacred. The family cries as many tears regardless of where they came from.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:34 pm

When Abel Paz (son and only child of Mario and Maria) was murdered by the cartels the day before Mother's Day in 2012, I went to the funeral at 7am. It was a horrible time and my heart was broken like everyone else's. About half way through the mass I looked back at the crowd that was so big it overflowed out the door and into the garden of the church. I was appalled to see there was not one single foreigner but me. Yet so many loved to eat in the restaurant.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Trailrunner wrote:When Abel Paz (son and only child of Mario and Maria) was murdered by the cartels the day before Mother's Day in 2012, I went to the funeral at 7am. It was a horrible time and my heart was broken like everyone else's. About half way through the mass I looked back at the crowd that was so big it overflowed out the door and into the garden of the church. I was appalled to see there was not one single foreigner but me. Yet so many loved to eat in the restaurant.

I attended his funeral also.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Trailrunner wrote:When Abel Paz (son and only child of Mario and Maria) was murdered by the cartels the day before Mother's Day in 2012, I went to the funeral at 7am. It was a horrible time and my heart was broken like everyone else's. About half way through the mass I looked back at the crowd that was so big it overflowed out the door and into the garden of the church. I was appalled to see there was not one single foreigner but me. Yet so many loved to eat in the restaurant.
Shocking but not unexpected.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Oh good. There were two of us.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:59 pm

What you forget is it takes longer for the foreign population to find out about what happens in the Mexican population as most cannot read the Mexican papers.  Also just as the foreign population spreads news amongst its residents so does the Mexican community.
You also forget that the foreign population raised a lot of money to help the families who lost members. It was given to these families anonymously so that the Mexican families knew the foreign population cared.
One young man whose brother was killed had just started his architectural studies and  was supposed to be put through school by his deceased brother.  A fund was started to pick up where his brother left off.  The young man has been supported by members of the foreign community throughout his studies. This was in addition to the money to help the families.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:15 pm

That was a nasty and stressful time so many families were affected. The ones who were lucky were the 2 guys from the milk truck who were abducted in front of the tree where Francisco hangs is rugs.. People saw what happened called the police and the father and son were freed from the two guys who were about to take them to the mountain to be killed.. They were 2 lucky guys, unfortunately the 18 that followed were not so lucky... If the first incident had been published some people may have been forwarned.. There were rumors of kidnappings but nothing was really confirmed unless you knew the people involved.. Lets hope that this never happens again, what a nightmare that was.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:33 am

hickton wrote:Unfortunately many times we just dont hear about the mexican deaths, kidnappings extortion etc that are all too common here.
The snowflakes would melt if they really knew what can and does happen all to often to mexicans.

That´s because most foreigners don´t socialize in Mexican circles or have, or be part of a Mexican family structure.
Or read the Spanish language newspapers or watch Mexican TV stations. I was not surprised at how many members of my Spanish speaking family had not heard about the Canadian´s death, and they are all ages scattered from Lake Chapala to GDL.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:25 am

Exactly slainte. Even socializing with Mexicans won't help as I find they rarely share this type of news with the gringo's unless asked directly about it.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:22 am

Yes, I agree with you guys.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:04 am

It is particularly true in case of kidnappings as it can be very dangerous for the victim and the family when the famly speaks..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:37 am

Two kidnappings last week, one was an express one where after the spouse went to ATMs and paid ransom the person was released. 5 people shot and 3 died. And the usual breakins averaging 1 a day in Riberas. Lets see what this week brings.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 am

Time to train and pay the police more.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:58 am

Lots of things. More, higher paid police that are trained and more. I will try to prepare my comprehensive plan in the next day as to what can be done in the long and short term to deter crime.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next