INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got our new FM 2 in Chapala yesterday finally

+6
CheenaGringo
little italy
sparks
viajero
ComputerGuy
joec
10 posters

Go down

Got our new FM 2 in Chapala yesterday finally Empty Got our new FM 2 in Chapala yesterday finally

Post by joec Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 am

We got our new FM 2, or whatever they call it now yesterday in Chapala, finally.

We waited for a full hour. Very slow. There were only two seats left.

Two people at the counter, lady on the left and big guy in blue uniform on the right. It seems like they could easily add 2 more people at the counter to help out and extend their hours beyond 1:00 PM.

The four facilitators were standing up against the left wall.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Got our new FM 2 in Chapala yesterday finally Empty Re: Got our new FM 2 in Chapala yesterday finally

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

An hour? You lucky shit.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Got our new FM 2 in Chapala yesterday finally Empty Re: Got our new FM 2 in Chapala yesterday finally

Post by viajero Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:35 pm

joec wrote:We got our new FM 2, or whatever they call it now yesterday in Chapala, finally.

We waited for a full hour. Very slow.
A full hour,wow,you must have the patience of Job.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Did you actually get it ... or is it sent to DF for final approval and the card
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

sparks wrote:Did you actually get it ... or is it sent to DF for final approval and the card

John don't answer that, let him guess. Glad you were able to get your FM2. :)

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 pm

sparks wrote:Did you actually get it ... or is it sent to DF for final approval and the card

Why would it be sent to DF for final approval? Are they getting that nutty? Isn't that why they created satellite offices? I had an FM 3 for 10 years, would never understand that, if they did and it would only hold up the process longer.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:40 pm

joe:

That question is logical since it has been reported that under the new rules - all documentation must be approved by Mexico City and all cards will be issued from there. It has been speculated that with this new proceedure, Mexico City is questioning whether FM3's and FM2's have been being sold in the past.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 pm

John, you failed to make it clear that you had renewed your FM2 and not changed to Residente Temporal. That's what confused folks.

You were able to renew an FM2 because you filed your application before the new stuff went on line. There was a delay in processing your application because of confusion in the INM office.

Details matter in being clear. Much better than bitching at people who don't understand because you left out important details.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Rolly wrote:John, you failed to make it clear that you had renewed your FM2 and not changed to Residente Temporal. That's what confused folks.

You were able to renew an FM2 because you filed your application before the new stuff went on line. There was a delay in processing your application because of confusion in the INM office.

Details matter in being clear. Much better than bitching at people who don't understand because you left out important details.

OK, sorry for not making it clear. I had an FM 3 and went to an FM 2 under the "old" rules. That is what I was told.

Please explain what Resident Temporal is as this stuff confuses the heck out of me.

And what difference would it have made getting the FM 2 under the old rules vs. new rules??? Is it only income requirements?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm

You can't get an "FM2" under the "new rules." BTW, you don't have an "FM2" even under the "old rules." Take a look at your card, it doesn't say FM2 anywhere.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Mine says "INMIGRANTE"
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Si, and mine says "NO-INMIGRANTE." Look on the back and you'll see PROROGA followed by a number which tells you what year your credencial is. Mine says "2," the 2nd year of this type of credencial.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:12 pm

joec wrote:
And what difference would it have made getting the FM 2 under the old rules vs. new rules??? Is it only income requirements?

The only thing you accomplished by getting an "FM2" is that you paid more for it than an FM3. Next renewal you'll be a Residente Temporal like all the rest of us

And why do people keep calling Joe - John (not the famous John?)
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:14 pm

David wrote:Si, and mine says "NO-INMIGRANTE." Look on the back and you'll see PROROGA followed by a number which tells you what year your credencial is. Mine says "2," the 2nd year of this type of credencial.

Is that second year or second renewal
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

sparks wrote:
joec wrote:

The only thing you accomplished by getting an "FM2" is that you paid more for it than an FM3. Next renewal you'll be a Residente Temporal like all the rest of us

And why do people keep calling Joe - John (not the famous John?)

Isn't this first one Residente Temporal? If not what do you call it? It's so confusing to me. Yes, it cost more, but it saves 30% Capital Gains tax.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 pm

joe/john:

Have you had it explained to you exactly how the capital gains exclusion is calculated? The reason I ask this is because a friend (also selling their Mexico home) just explained the calculation process to me and the way they seem to have it rigged, totally avoiding capital gains tax may be virtually impossible? I believe that I understand the calculations on their paticular property and while there will be a reduction because of the former FM2 but not a 100% get out of capital gains tax obligation.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Good move John. You got yours under the old system so it's a INMIGRANTE. Look at the front of the card. Similar to the old FM2 and does eliminate the capital gains tax. Anyone who wasn't expecting to sell their house in the next year or so paid too much.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Hasn't the Chapala INM office been out of the actual paper stock necessary to print the cards?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:27 pm

joec wrote: Isn't this first one Residente Temporal? If not what do you call it? It's so confusing to me. Yes, it cost more, but it saves 30% Capital Gains tax.

There isn't a first one any more. You are either Temporal or Permanente. Permanente is what you graduated from an FM2 to before
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 pm

From the Guadalajara Reporter:

New immigration law prompts fear but ‘don’t panic,’ says INM chief
Friday, November 16 2012 10:25 GR Staff

As Mexico’s new immigration law finally takes effect this month, confusion and consternation has spread like wildfire through expat enclaves across the nation.

At the same time, professional facilitators and officials working the desks at offices of the National Migration Institute (INM) seem to be having their own troubles sorting through the new immigration rulebook and coping with a flood of questions from frantic customers.

Although Chapala INM office chief Juan Carlos Galvan took a call from the Reporter this week, he was too swamped with internal matters to immediately sit down for an interview on major issues. He agreed to set up an appointment for Friday, with a promise to address frequently asked questions for publication in next week’s edition.

Meanwhile, the word from Galvan is “be patient and don’t panic.” His office staff is currently focused on dealing with persons whose applications for renewals of FM2 and FM3 visas were submitted prior to November 9, subject to the old rules. All other cases, including visas on the verge of expiration, will reportedly be dealt with in due time – and without peril of penalty – as regulatory details are eventually ironed out.

The Ley de Migracion was enacted in May 2011 to replace the statutes referring to immigration matters laid out in of the Ley General de Poblacion (Population Law). Since then however, the INM has being operating under standing legal stipulations pending official publication of revised regulations that complement the new law.

In broad terms, the Migration Law narrows down immigration status into three general categories: Visitors, Temporary Residents and Permanent Residents. But the changes in the terminology, definitions and guidelines have engendered puzzling questions among many of the estimated one million foreigners who reside in the country.

The specifics regarding income requirements appear to be a key topic of concern. Another big worry is how the new law impacts temporary importation of foreign plated vehicles, a separate matter that falls under the bailiwick of Mexican customs authorities rather than INM.

The Reporter is committed to keeping its readers informed in a timely manner on evolving legal matters of interest to Mexico’s foreign population and the estimated six million people who visit from abroad each year.

The INM advertises a 24/7 toll-free hotline staffed by English and Spanish speaking operators. To place calls from inside Mexico’s borders dial 01-800-004-6264.

http://www.theguadalajarareporter.com/mexican-lifestyles-mainmenu-96/living-in-mexico-mainmenu-56/32067-new-immigration-law-prompts-fear-but-dont-panic-says-inm-chief.html

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 pm

David wrote:Si, and mine says "NO-INMIGRANTE." Look on the back and you'll see PROROGA followed by a number which tells you what year your credencial is. Mine says "2," the 2nd year of this type of credencial.

Sorry David....No PROROGA or number on the back of mine....says The owner of this document is a resident of Mexico, in Spanish and English! Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 pm

Under the new rules yes.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down