INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoot out in El Limon

+6
hound dog
espíritu del lago
CanuckBob
hockables
bobnliz
kipissippi
10 posters

Go down

Shoot out in El Limon Empty Shoot out in El Limon

Post by kipissippi Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:29 am

I don't think El Limon is all that big...I wonder how close it was to that gorgeous house you (Bob) rented ? I love that area, but it's sure making for some scary times for the residents. A friend who lives there thought they might be protected because a wealthy Mexican with a lot of pull lives there...doesn't seem to make a lot of difference..she's frightened and she's got every right to be.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Shoot out in El Limon Empty Re: Shoot out in El Limon

Post by bobnliz Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:39 am

Kip... I have been out of the loop. When did this go down? Please fill me in. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:47 am

there goes the neighborhood....

what happened?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:00 am

Maybe the bad guys rented that same house Kip. Here is a post from TOB on this incident:

Sarita

76 posts
Interests:Gardening, animals, socializing with friends

Posted Yesterday, 10:29 PM

Sadly, very true. I live extremely close to where this occurred. It was literally on my doorstep. I heard what sounded like fireworks somewhere around 11pm, but so close it seemed odd, no one in my neighborhood has ever set off fireworks before. I stepped outside my kitchen door and there was what I liken to a sonic BOOM. It shook the house and knocked leaves off the trees above me, which rained down on my head. I had a bad feeling about this.

I went up on my mirador and could see it was coming from just across the arroyo right beside my property. All I could see where some lights in the pasture next door, no voices, nada. Then another BOOM. I had a very bad feeling about this and got off the roof, fast. I locked up and shut off all lights. There were a lot more popping sounds, what I thought was fireworks initially, but was actually gunshots, and a couple more BOOMS. I later heard from a neighbor that this was 4 grenades being thrown. Then someone called the police.

The story I heard today, which came from a neighbor who is friends with the Chief of Police in Jocotepec, is that this was a shootout between some Zetas who just rented a house in El Limon, and members of La Resistancia. The Chief told him to stay indoors, shut off all lights. When the police arrived, that is when the grenade tossing began. I walked the site today, no evidence of casings or grenades, but I know what I heard, and all the neighbors, also. Apparently, the cops arrested one of the bad guys, but the rumor about a cop being killed are not yet confirmed from anyone I have heard from. The bad tenants have since left the hood, thankfully. A little more excitement than any of us really care for!

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 am

My mechanic, just came by and told me that last nite, around 10 or later, he dropped a friend off in Tempisque, west of El Limon, where he lives. He and his wife heard alot of gunfire and something like a grenade go off. He called the Army, who did not show up, but he does know that it was a shootout between the cartel and the Jocotepec police, leaving one policeman dead. He told me to tell my friends...I don´t think this is a rumor, it came from almost the horse'´s mouth!

Post by Rose

Sadly, very true. I live extremely close to where this occurred. It was literally on my doorstep. I heard what sounded like fireworks somewhere around 11pm, but so close it seemed odd, no one in my neighborhood has ever set off fireworks before. I stepped outside my kitchen door and there was what I liken to a sonic BOOM. It shook the house and knocked leaves off the trees above me, which rained down on my head. I had a bad feeling about this.

I went up on my mirador and could see it was coming from just across the arroyo right beside my property. All I could see where some lights in the pasture next door, no voices, nada. Then another BOOM. I had a very bad feeling about this and got off the roof, fast. I locked up and shut off all lights. There were a lot more popping sounds, what I thought was fireworks initially, but was actually gunshots, and a couple more BOOMS. I later heard from a neighbor that this was 4 grenades being thrown. Then someone called the police.

The story I heard today, which came from a neighbor who is friends with the Chief of Police in Jocotepec, is that this was a shootout between some Zetas who just rented a house in El Limon, and members of La Resistancia. The Chief told him to stay indoors, shut off all lights. When the police arrived, that is when the grenade tossing began. I walked the site today, no evidence of casings or grenades, but I know what I heard, and all the neighbors, also. Apparently, the cops arrested one of the bad guys, but the rumor about a cop being killed are not yet confirmed from anyone I have heard from. The bad tenants have since left the hood, thankfully. A little more excitement than any of us really care for!

Post by Sarita
http://www.chapala.com/wwwboard/webboard.html
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:55 am

So, tell me, who were the "bad guys"? The Zetas, La Resistancia or the cops?

You guys are so easily discombobulated. Just a few weeks ago our housekeeper arrived one morning and informed us they had found a disembowelled corpse in the plaza in front of the El Cerrillo Barrio church just up the street from our house in San Cristóbal de Las Casas. Now, one expects a bit of mathem now and then in Chiapas but that happens to be the barrio plaza that I have to cross to get my wood fired pizza or favorite tamales so let´s please move the mayhem back to Las Hormigas where it belongs. Wait, I never considered that, here in Ajijic I live near La Colmena and in San Cristóbal near Las Hormigas - both marginal neighborhoods at best. Those must have been some really accomplished real estate agents who emptied my wallet.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:38 am

[img]Shoot out in El Limon 10111210[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:30 pm

how dare you spread rumors. mexicans are kind & gentle people. enjoy.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Sigh. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 pm

I have several eye witness reports on a chat group for Jocotopec area from people who heard and saw the activity. I also spoke to a couple at the Feria yesterday who lives next to the area where there was gun fire and grenades. He saw police cars go in and out of the area for several hours the night of Nov. 18.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 am

Interesting that there has been absolutely nothing on the usual news sources about this incident. However, there was a news story of a man being shot and killed in El Molino (municipality of Jocotepec) in what may have been a family dispute? Definitely Old Mexico style with the gunmen being on horseback:
http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2011/339158/6/muere-un-hombre-a-balazos-en-el-molino.htm

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Interesting because I had lunch with a Tapatia who has a large property on the east side of el Limon and I aked her about this shoot out: she did not hear anything and her living help did not either.
Where was it supposed to have happened?
Her response was "some people like to scare themselves"...
It is also surprising that a policeman would have been killed and it would not have appeared in any news...A shootout I can see but a killing I am a little surprised.

Brigitte
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

I have friends who live in the west most part of El Limon and watched it happen from their windows - at least two different sets of friends watched and one heard it but turned out the lights and got away from the windows.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Shoot out in El Limon Empty Confirmation El Limon activity

Post by simpsca Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:48 am

Finally confirmation of the shoot out in El Limon in the Milenio. It doesn't give the date but it has to be the event where my friends watched the gun fire, grenades, and police activity: http://www.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/80c582528c5da7bd248b1fa3d0eed8b6

Arrest a person and ensure drug Jocotepec, Jalisco
POLICE • NOVEMBER 26, 2011 - 9:53 AM - NOTIMEX
After ground surveys, military troops seized four rifles, grenades, 47 magazines, a thousand cartridges of various calibers and five trimmings. Like drugs, including marijuana and cocaine it.

A man's body found in Rio de los Remedios
Zapopan • The Ministry of National Defense through the command of the Fifteenth Military Zone, reported that military personnel territorial jurisdiction in this command said drug and weapons at various events.

He said that in the context of the overall strategy of the Mexican state against drug trafficking and organized crime, military troops Survey land to meet a citizen complaint.

Thus in the fractionation El Limon, a town of San Juan Cosala, Jocotepec municipality, secured four guns, six grenades, 47 magazines for different weapons, thousand cartridges of various calibers and five trimmings.

Meanwhile, the city carry out surveys in the vicinity of the municipal seat of Degollado, troops detained a person in possession of one kilo 550 grams of marijuana, eight grams of crystal, three grams of cocaine, two handguns, 114 cartridges various sizes and a vehicle.

Similarly, in response to a citizen complaint in which the colony reported that Analco, municipality of Guadalajara, illegal activities, military personnel proceeded to verify the information.

In the place seized six kilos 177 grams of marijuana, 54 grams of crack cocaine, 17 grams of cocaine and 13 grams of crystal.

The military command said the arrested and secured, were made available to the relevant authorities.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 am

Since there is no mention of a shootout or arrests in the report of the seizures it sounds like the army responded to information about the earlier shootout between criminal groups and it was essentially a mop-up operation.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down