INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Format

+18
margie2012
merry
slainte39
bobnliz
sparks
LMarkoya
Zedinmexico
SunsetKid
espíritu del lago
mrum
MexicoPete
SenorDorky
Mainecoons
Parker
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
hockables
CheenaGringo
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

New Format - Page 5 Empty Re: New Format

Post by RoofBob Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:55 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"The best way to prevent back editing is to quote the post your are referring to because then it can't be edited. Evil or Very Mad"

It is really funny when the OP fails to grasp the concept that the quote has their original non edited post and attempts to pull the switch!
And what's even funnier (seen this twice) is them denying it and then finding out they really screwed up and start making excuses like, "Well I get so confused with all these threads, it's all so complicated and hard to follow and and..." Then they disappear for a week or two and finally show up like nothing ever happened. hahahaha

RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Then again, I saw a certain unnamed administrator/mod who went in to modify a post to embarrass the OP without realizing or paying attention enough to realize the original post had been quoted.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:24 am

CanuckBob wrote:I don't know if that is even possible. I will have to investigate.

Thanks C-Bob... there is a forum called "My RV Talk" of which I am a member and that is what they do, using photos sent in by the members. So there is a way.
Hope you are able to find out how it's done. It's a cool feature. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:42 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Then again, I saw a certain unnamed administrator/mod who went in to modify a post to embarrass the OP without realizing or paying attention enough to realize the original post had been quoted.

Golly Gee... I wonder who THAT could possibly be??? Sounds like a real PITA. New Format - Page 5 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 am

I personally know of 2.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:43 pm

TIME SHOWN:

For the longest time I incorrectly thought there was an error with the time that was shown on this webpage.

No, under "My Profile" I have an option to show the time I want shown. And the default setting, of course, was off

Once at "My Profile" choose the "Preferences" tab and look toward the bottom of the page to set your diesired time zone.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:55 am

papa chango wrote:I'm having some problems with the new forum format.

I rarely use my laptop and desktop computers anymore. I'm trying to do everything with my smartphone. I can't seem to get the Navbar to do anything. With my smartphone, I use my fingers to select things. Maybe my fingers are too fat to activate the Navbar. Perhaps if you made the Navbar a little bigger, I could use it. Also the Navbar disappears about 60 percent of the time.

I have done more research trying to solve this problem. I thought the problem might be the browser I was using. I installed the Dolphin browser and I it has the same problem. Also I tried the Google Chrome browser and it has the same problem. Then I tried the Opera Mini browser and it seems to work. So it appears to me that most Android browsers are having a problem with a code you're using on the page to show the Navbar.

Bob, I appreciate your efforts to try and streamline the forum. Thanks a lot and good luck. Surte

Thanks for your help.

Update on the above quoted post. Using my default browser, I finally was able to get to the menu to drop down. The only time I can see the Navbar is when the web page is entirely on the screen. In other words without zooming it. The problem with not zooming the page is, I can't read as it is too small. And when I zoom in the menu and Navbar disappears.

I guess the only solution for me to be able to use the menu is to view the forum on my laptop. However, I really like hanging out in my recliner and trying to do everything on my smartphone. New Format - Page 5 851398

Thanks for your help.
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

New Format - Page 5 Empty iPad too

Post by LMarkoya Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:02 pm

papa chango wrote:
papa chango wrote:I'm having some problems with the new forum format.

I rarely use my laptop and desktop computers anymore. I'm trying to do everything with my smartphone. I can't seem to get the Navbar to do anything. With my smartphone, I use my fingers to select things. Maybe my fingers are too fat to activate the Navbar. Perhaps if you made the Navbar a little bigger, I could use it. Also the Navbar disappears about 60 percent of the time.

I have done more research trying to solve this problem. I thought the problem might be the browser I was using. I installed the Dolphin browser and I it has the same problem. Also I tried the Google Chrome browser and it has the same problem. Then I tried the Opera Mini browser and it seems to work. So it appears to me that most Android browsers are having a problem with a code you're using on the page to show the Navbar.

Bob, I appreciate your efforts to try and streamline the forum. Thanks a lot and good luck. Surte

Thanks for your help.

Update on the above quoted post. Using my default browser, I finally was able to get to the menu to drop down. The only time I can see the Navbar is when the web page is entirely on the screen. In other words without zooming it. The problem with not zooming the page is, I can't read as it is too small. And when I zoom in the menu and Navbar disappears.

I guess the only solution for me to be able to use the menu is to view the forum on my laptop. However, I really like hanging out in my recliner and trying to do everything on my smartphone. New Format - Page 5 851398

Thanks for your help.

iPad has the same problem...just a little small to select from the dropdown...you expand and its gone
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm

I'm in "Happy" shock. It's nice to have the younger retirement crowd here. I've been coming to Mexico for up to 9 months per year since 1997. And most of my retirement friends have no idea even what a smart phone is.

Yet here I see many tech savvy folks talking about their smart phones, new iPads etc. I love it.

I still have problems using a very small screen like an iPhone, but have easily adjusted to my iPad.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the topic here. But it's so nice to see technically savvy people posting
mariachi
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Like you, Pete, I also couldn't figure out what was going on with the times. Finally fixed my OWN time setting and voila. doh
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5