INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too young to retire!

+29
Guiness
RoofBob
Luisa
brigitte
slainte39
Rosa Venus
lotusflower
MyHomeSweetHome
Lady Otter Latté
hkrause
Nosnow
lunateak
saege007
sambrit10
jrm30655
Jim W
hockables
Ms.Thang
Viajero-Tiempo
Traveller
CanuckBob
Intercasa
viajero
zenwoodle
sundown
Pedro
halcon
Zedinmexico
A/C Gypsies
33 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Too young to retire! - Page 5 Empty Re: Too young to retire!

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:25 am

You know, if this is what they want to do and they are honest and trustworthy there's nothing wrong with it.   They need to make some business cards, make sure they have their visas in order and get to a meet n greet, start a facebook page, get to some meet n greets, a karaoke night, build a clientele.  

When my kids grew up and became adults, I told them to hit the pavement and go find a job.  It works.  There's work here.  Being a foreigner the fear of the unknown is scary but once you realize it's not any different than living anywhere else in the world, just a language difference, put your mind and effort into it and do it!  

This is your life...are you who you wanna be??  

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:30 am

Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:A/C Gypsies "resume" job description

I see how we have a lot in common...Rolling Eyes   sorta...I'd probably have a great time hanging out with them.

yes you would but would yer husband let them join the family business?

For some reason you think we are having a conversation.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Too young to retire!
 by viajero on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:56 pm

What kind of skills do you have,do you speak Spanish,does your visa allow you to work here,do you have start up capital?

by hkrause on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 11:04 pm

It would be helpful to get a reply from the OP about what they're good at or interested in doing. You still reading this?

by Pedro on Thu 27 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm

before you continue disrespecting people on here as trolls,why don't you tell everyone what you told me was your"skill set" in the pm you sent me. why you dint mention that in public,i find ineresting.
tell us why NOB is not an option while yer at it.

by Luisa Today at 8:58 am

A/C, what did you do before you moved here? We don't have any understanding of your skills or experiences so it is very hard to make any meaningful suggestions.

I respectfully ask again what are your skill sets? Many here are trying to help you with your request but your refusal to supply information is, well, problematic.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 pm

"I respectfully ask again what are your skill sets? Many here are trying to help you with your request but your refusal to supply information is, well, problematic."
-- Lunateak

Not only that a/c Gypsies, but far too many of us have seen people come down here and take advantage of those they see as vulnerable (and a lot of them are). As soon as someone appears to be less than candid about who they are and where they came from, people begin to become suspicion. You do not want to do that just as people are getting to know you.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"I respectfully ask again what are your skill sets? Many here are trying to help you with your request but your refusal to supply information is, well, problematic."
-- Lunateak

Not only that a/c Gypsies, but far too many of us have seen people come down here and take advantage of those they see as vulnerable (and a lot of them are). As soon as someone appears to be less than candid about who they are and where they came from, people begin to become suspicion. You do not want to do that just as people are getting to know you.

Well.... just realizing Savings won't cover the 20 year time span till Social Security sets in... I'd say Math may not be a strength...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Well.... just realizing Savings won't cover the 20 year time span till Social Security sets in... I'd say Math may not be a strength...

Oh, hocks! Once again the master of the understatement. Very Happy 
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Since Oct 2012, they've posted jointly an entire 26 times, read those posts and you'll have all the info you need...they enjoy beer, dogs and rock music.  

From the 3 posts on this now 7 page dialogue, the op responded 2 days after asking and once yesterday.  They have already said you've all outdone yourselves.  They were only asking for a few ideas not a complete investigation. Obviously, they have other things to do and so do you...don't worry about them.

They are gypsies...gypsies move around a lot, they'll figure it out on their own.  Time for a nap.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Obviously they are not interested in networking and establishing ties in the community. I wish them the best of luck as they go about doing whatever it is they are doing here. Happy Saturday everyone!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:35 pm

the only thing they qualify for,based on a pm i received from them, is pass a plate as you do. that's why i recommend that you get together and compare notes for a merger.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:36 pm

You can even send them an email or call them, they've posted that info in previous posts. Must be laid back and enjoying life...that's alright, doing what they want.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:38 pm

i thought you were going to have a nap?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:41 pm

Pedro wrote:the only thing they qualify for,based on a pm i received from them, is pass a plate as you do. that's why i recommend that you get together and compare notes for a merger.
Pedro,there's only so many sheep out there to shear......

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Pedro wrote:the only thing they qualify for,based on a pm i received from them, is pass a plate as you do. that's why i recommend that you get together and compare notes for a merger.

Why don't you pass the plate around to you and yours and raise $1000 a month to feed the hungry at the soup kitchen near you? Then we'll compare notes.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Pedro wrote:i thought you were going to have a nap?

I'm trying to take a nap.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Sleep 

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Hola! I read your first post but haven't read all of the 8 pages of reply's. Here is an idea for you. There are many expats here that have many dogs. I know for a fact that walking them is an issue for many. You really could create a viable business as "professional dog walkers". This area is lacking this service. But, and this is a big but............YOU must be a Pack Leader..................you could go to school, there are a few good professional dog trainers here that could teach you the ropes. The very best guy I know is Art - I don't have his phone number but many members here would have it. Maybe one of you could post Art 's contact info for the OP.
I think this could be a very good service you could offer to the community. Align yourself with the dog groomers, the vets, the animal rescue centres here and you will be well on your way to a very full schedule. BUT YOU MUST BE PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED AND A PACK LEADER.
I hope my idea helps you and your partner!
Sincerely,
Guiness
(we have 7 dogs - a potential new client!!)
Best of Luck!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Guiness wrote:Hola!  I read your first post but haven't read all of the 8 pages of reply's.   Here is an idea for you.  There are many expats here that have many dogs.  I know for a fact that walking them is an issue for many.  You really could create a viable business as "professional dog walkers".  This area is lacking this service.  But, and this is a big but............YOU must be a Pack Leader..................you could go to school, there are a few good professional dog trainers here that could teach you the ropes.  The very best guy I know is  Art - I don't have his phone number but many members here would have it.  Maybe one of you could post Art 's contact info for the OP.
I think this could be a very good service you could offer to the community.  Align yourself with the dog groomers, the vets, the animal rescue centres here and you will be well on your way to a very full schedule.  BUT YOU MUST BE PROFESSIONALLY TRAINED AND A PACK LEADER.
I hope my idea helps you and your partner!
Sincerely,
Guiness
(we have 7 dogs - a potential new client!!)
Best of Luck!
and how much would you be prepared to pay a missionary[eviljellycoal] to walk your dogs?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:51 pm

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:

Why don't you pass the plate around to you and yours and raise $1000 a month to feed the hungry at the soup kitchen near you?  Then we'll compare notes.  
we can't compare notes because you dip into the plate and i have done plenty thank you, for which i have never asked for pay nor dipped into the plate-SNORK! it's more lucrative here for yer kind of "work" than it was in guadalajara and california.ain't it? especially california, judging by your income there.
so are ya gonna help these people grab a piece of yer pie?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Pedro wrote:
and how much would you be prepared to pay a missionary[eviljellycoal] to walk your dogs?

Well now, you just couldn't contain all that privy pm info for more than a day...looks like at least they would sit down and drink beer with you. *giggles, tear*

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:59 pm

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:

Well now, you just couldn't contain all that privy pm info for more than a day...looks like at least they would sit down and drink beer with you. *giggles, tear*
the pm info is contained and this is pure speculation  based on their skills of which they told me of and i haven't mentioned.i suspect they won't come forth with that information as almost everyone on this thread has asked. as you are more than aware,i avoid eviljellycoals like the plague they are. they will not sit down with me,thanks.

Last edited by Pedro on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:01 pm

Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:

Why don't you pass the plate around to you and yours and raise $1000 a month to feed the hungry at the soup kitchen near you?  Then we'll compare notes.  
we can't compare notes because you dip into the plate and i have done plenty thank you,

I haven't baked pie recently but you should pass the plate around to you and yours and raise $1000 a month to feed the hungry at the soup kitchen near you...Then we'll compare notes.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:

the pm info is contained and this is pure speculation  based on their skills of which the told me of. as you are more than aware,i avoid eviljellycoals like the plague they are. they will not sit down with me,thanks.

*morechuckles#tears*

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:

we can't compare notes because you dip into the plate and i have done plenty thank you, for which i have never asked for pay nor dipped into the plate-SNORK! it's more lucrative here for yer kind of "work" than it was in guadalajara and california.ain't it? especially california, judging by your income there.
if you used my whole quote you wouldn't have to be repetetive.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:32 pm

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:

the pm info is contained and this is pure speculation  based on their skills of which they told me of. as you are more than aware,i avoid eviljellycoals like the plague they are. they will not sit down with me,thanks.

*morechuckles#tears*  
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:50 pm

Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:
Pedro wrote:

the pm info is contained and this is pure speculation  based on their skills of which they told me of. as you are more than aware,i avoid eviljellycoals like the plague they are. they will not sit down with me,thanks.

*morechuckles#tears*  

What kind of answer is this...it's blank...lololol *more#tears#*

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Pedro wrote:
Pedro wrote:
MyHomeSweetHome wrote:

if you used my whole quote you wouldn't have to be repetetive.

The idea is to repeat, you're old remember? going on 18. Gotta repeat things till you get it...Dead Horse 

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next