INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gringos Arming Themselves

+26
larryc
hound dog
viajero
Solovino
gringal
hockables
Jim W
oncesubtle
raqueteer
Lehrer
Intercasa
mkay
simpsca
juanrey
Zedinmexico
borderreiver
David
susan
SnowDaddy
brigitte
Mainecoons
57Chevy
johninajijic
Rolly
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
30 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Gringos Arming Themselves - Page 4 Empty Re: Gringos Arming Themselves

Post by hound dog Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:26 pm

viajero wrote:
hockables wrote:yankees... lol... Dead Horse
colonials...lol...

Miserable, incompetent, sheltered, jingo NOBBERS living amongst innocents posing yourselves as friends who, nevertheless are aware of your tendencies, over time, to lay waste and exploit the cultures and lands you conquer and to belittle their intellectul achievements which, in fact, exceed your own but with less effective battlements with which to defend themselves. Take pride in that carnage amigos.

hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Nothing beats the sound and fury of a 12 gauge shotgun at close range. You don't need to aim all that well either.

I heard that the old police chief has assisted folks to get a gun with no questions?

Maybe a few burglars getting shot here will send a stronger message?

I have good bars on all doors and windows but if i get woken up to the sound of glass or metal breaking all bets are off!
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.gringosinparadise.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:07 pm

hound dog wrote:
viajero wrote:
colonials...lol...

Miserable, incompetent, sheltered, jingo NOBBERS living amongst innocents posing yourselves as friends who, nevertheless are aware of your tendencies, over time, to lay waste and exploit the cultures and lands you conquer and to belittle their intellectul achievements which, in fact, exceed your own but with less effective battlements with which to defend themselves. Take pride in that carnage amigos.
What good are lands and cultures if you can't exploit them?Intellectul achievements indeed, what a lot of hooooey.
BTW whats a jingo NOBBER should I be offended?
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm

viajero wrote:
hound dog wrote:
viajero wrote:
colonials...lol...

What good are lands and cultures if you can't exploit them?Intellectul achievements indeed, what a lot of hooooey.
BTW whats a jingo NOBBER should I be offended?
Chris

I'm still laughing...I think scratch
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Gun from flier's bag accidentally fired at airport

"...........Authorities said the gun was loaded with five rounds of ammunition known as "snake shot," which typically is used to kill small animals. As a police officer tried to remove the rounds while pointing the weapon at a screening table, the gun was unintentionally fired, according to an incident report.

"I was grazed by a pellet fragment on the left side of my face," the officer wrote in the report.

The passenger, a 43-year-old Georgia man, was arrested on weapons charges and remained in jail early on Monday. He told police that he "travels to Florida often on business and keeps the weapon on him for protection, not to kill anyone but in an attempt to scare people off," the report said........."

YUP! Another of those really smart gun owners - a .22 with snake shot will certainly scare people off!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45641529/ns/travel-news/#.TuZuoFtdmqE

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:50 pm

The main use of shooting in the U.S. seems to take place between the mouth and the foot.
Politicians practice long enough to get really GOOD at it.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Rolly wrote:Article 11 of Ley Federal de Armas de Fuego y Explosivos lists prohibited "military firearms" in MĂ©xico. They include:
> full-auto and semi-auto handguns larger than 380
> revolver .357 Magnum or larger
> rifles larger than .30 caliber
> shotguns larger than 12ga or with a barrel shorter than 25".

Allowed hand gun calibers are .380 auto, .38 and .22.
Allowed long guns: rifles no larger the 30 caliber; shotguns 12, 20 and 410 with barrels longer than 25”

There is more information on gun ownership here http://rollybrook.com/guns.htm

1. Yes a shotgun with birdshot is deadly at close range, and loses lethality at longer ranges.
2. More people (many more) are killed with a .22 RF round world wide than any other.
3. Be careful with the law on Calibre Nacional in MX. An AR15/M16 is 22 cal,though centerfire, an AK 47 is less than 30 cal, but I'd hate to be caught with one. Ditto for 9mm. A colt Auto of 38 Super used to be legal, but has ballistics of a 357 Magnum. It might still be legal, but don't be caught with one.
For close range work, a baseball bat of machete work well and don't seem so offensive in the house.

Don't carry pistols outside of property, if you must have one. The cops could shoot you with your own firearm!
If you live where you think that you must be armed, move, or appear real poor!
gm

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:28 pm

RE: your point #3, those weapons are not legal in Mexico.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm

The .223 is illegal, as it is one of the calibers reserved for military and police use. The same applies to the .308 and .30'06.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:53 pm

David wrote:RE: your point #3, those weapons are not legal in Mexico.

Right that is why you take care. The bullet diameter of an AR15/CAR/M16 is 5.56mm or 22 caliber, but is illegal. AK47 is 7.62mm, or less than 30 cal but illegal!

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:02 pm

much ado about nothing.
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:49 pm

The Title of this post is ridiculous and so are the posts. Ajijic is still safer than anywhere in the world.

Did you people arm yourselves when you lived NOB? Not, and some of you may have lived in the larger dangerous cities. Listen to the US news and you'll see how crazy it is there.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:31 am

John while you are basically correct, many of us have grown up around the countryside up north. hunting and fishing were just a part of natural life. I'm very comfortable around guns especially my own. Do I keep a loaded gun by my bed ever no.
But i can & will blow your dam head off if you enter my house uninvited here or anywhere else. There are many ways to feel safe, guns don't make you safer they just add a little bit of backup in the right hands.

Doors and locks are basically for honest folks sadly, if someone wants to get in they will if you either make yourself an easy target or act stupid by showing off your materials assets or being flashy. drawing attention to yourself.
I moved here form Bend, Oregon and the last few years the drug crime rate has exploded up there with people being robbed and mugged downtown something unheard of until recently.
I believe most people everywhere are honest especially here, but if you get out much and travel even middle-class folks in most country's see North Americans as being rich compared to what they know and understand. Most of their relatives either swam or rode in the back of a truck sneaking across the border to visit our country

I have a large dog and baseball ball and other tricks available are under no illusions that he will do much either but hopefully give me time to react
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:57 am

larry - I don't know what you hope to accomplish with your baseball bat, but you'll go to jail if you injure or mame someone enetering your home and the robber will go free. This is Mexico NOT the US. And they won't arrest him unless he has the goods on him.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:29 am

I just checked at our fracc. office, and it is legal to hire armed private guards. It's pricy, but might be a good solution since apparently the police sometimes do not respond. Since these guys are licensed, this avoids any personal problems should someone get shot.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:29 am

John, no the Jalisco State penal code gives the homeowner the right to use force against intruders in the home and NOT be punished!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:38 am

Edited by a poster no longer interested in this miserable and misdirected dialogue hereaboiuts. The rest of you embarrass me with your inconsequential pig farts. The rest of you search for places to place your butts and seerk succor from trhere. Overcompensating worms.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:55 am

intercasa is correct legally speaking. johninajijic is correct practically speaking. (though his view of the world is limited. i cannot relate to anything he says). i am sure if you killed or injured someone you would go to jail. (legal or not). you would be blackmailed for huge amount of bail $, attorney fees. the consulate would not help you as you are nothing, why do you think you are here? (to get as much $ out of you as possible). chevy is a bit impractical. how many people can take a dead body somewhere, you need experience for that.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:58 am

chris: "jingonobber" same as "edited"? just asking......

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:58 am

gringomojado wrote:
3. Be careful with the law on Calibre Nacional in MX. An AR15/M16 is 22 cal,though centerfire, an AK 47 is less than 30 cal, but I'd hate to be caught with one. Ditto for 9mm. A colt Auto of 38 Super used to be legal, but has ballistics of a 357 Magnum. It might still be legal, but don't be caught with one.

gm

gringomojado wrote:
David wrote:RE: your point #3, those weapons are not legal in Mexico.

Right that is why you take care. The bullet diameter of an AR15/CAR/M16 is 5.56mm or 22 caliber, but is illegal. AK47 is 7.62mm, or less than 30 cal but illegal!

gm

Jeez!!! "Be careful" and "take care" are not synonymous with "avoid"!!! If these weapons are illegal, they should be AVOIDED!!!!

Your language suggest that they are okay to possess -- just be careful (or take care). Completely off-base and confusing to folks who want legitimate and trustworthy information, IMHO.

Dead Horse
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:19 pm

This whole thread belongs in Octagon with the rest of the trash. These comments and opinions are useless. Canuckbob, is it time to deposit it there?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:50 pm

johninajijic wrote:This whole thread belongs in Octagon with the rest of the trash. These comments and opinions are useless. Canuckbob, is it time to deposit it there?
John, other readers might not share your opinion. If you don't care for this thread, the solution is simple: DON'T READ IT!!!!
Gringos Arming Themselves - Page 4 18717
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:01 pm

I agree with Lehrer here. People are getting fairly wigged out. Just this morning I had to sort out a dispute where one guy refused to allow one of the guards here onto his property for any reason. He was totally irate about it, and doesn't speak any Spanish.

So, I really think it needs to be discussed calmly and rationally.

Having given it some thought, maybe having your own arms might be a bit risky from a number of perspectives. For instance, I have no clue, and would need quite a bit of training. How about shooting yourself in the foot or elsewhere (gasp). Maybe an unarmed intruder might grab your gun and shoot you.

So here's the conundrum, even if it is legal, is it smart?

Perhaps the very best solution is armed guards in neighborhoods, who will respond to an alarm, and fast.

Any thoughts on this?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Each person must make his/her own decision.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:15 pm

raqueteer wrote:I agree with Lehrer here. People are getting fairly wigged out. Just this morning I had to sort out a dispute where one guy refused to allow one of the guards here onto his property for any reason. He was totally irate about it, and doesn't speak any Spanish.

So, I really think it needs to be discussed calmly and rationally.

Having given it some thought, maybe having your own arms might be a bit risky from a number of perspectives. For instance, I have no clue, and would need quite a bit of training. How about shooting yourself in the foot or elsewhere (gasp). Maybe an unarmed intruder might grab your gun and shoot you.

So here's the conundrum, even if it is legal, is it smart?

Perhaps the very best solution is armed guards in neighborhoods, who will respond to an alarm, and fast.

Any thoughts on this?
Firearms are not the one-and-only solution for everyone. And no one on this forum has suggested that. Folks that don't know which end of the barrel the bullet comes out, definitely should NOT own a gun. Training is essential. "Never point a gun at something (someone) you don't intend to shoot" is good advice (even if it's "unloaded," because many persons have been wounded or killed by "unloaded" firearms).

As a former officer in the U.S. Army and as a former police officer, I am comfortable around firearms and feel confident that I could handle a situation where a gun might be needed. Certainly, there have been instances where victims have thought that the mere presence of a gun would deter a criminal and they hesitated to use it; they then become the victims of their own firearms because the intruder isn't hesitant, takes it from them, and uses it. As has been mentioned before, if you aren't prepared to use it -- it isn't the solution for you. Hence, my previous remarks about "warning shots," which could give a criminal the edge.

Shocked Evil or Very Mad
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Quoting John: "This whole thread belongs in Octagon with the rest of the trash. These comments and opinions are useless. Canuckbob, is it time to deposit it there?"

Do you own or administrate this forum? NO! Therefore, it isn't your choice where this or any other topic goes. Want to make the rules? Then get off your lazy butt and start your own forum! This isn't your premier gated community where you can control."

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next