INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gringos Arming Themselves

+26
larryc
hound dog
viajero
Solovino
gringal
hockables
Jim W
oncesubtle
raqueteer
Lehrer
Intercasa
mkay
simpsca
juanrey
Zedinmexico
borderreiver
David
susan
SnowDaddy
brigitte
Mainecoons
57Chevy
johninajijic
Rolly
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
30 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Gringos Arming Themselves - Page 6 Empty Re: Gringos Arming Themselves

Post by Lehrer Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:24 pm

ferret wrote:This is paradise compared to any of those cities...Mayberry it ain't.
Thank goodness for that! Who needs Barney fumbling with his revolver to load that one bullet????
lol! lol! lol!

viajero wrote:Hire John Creasy the Mexico City bodyguard in the movie (Man On Fire)he knew how to handle these punks.
Chris
Uh-h-h-h..... Didn't he wind up dead???
scratch

Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
Solovino wrote:
raqueteer wrote:
Intercasa also has just put on a pretty decent solution as well. Why not hire off duty cops?

The Policía Auxiliar are state and/or city law enforcement employees that are hired out for private security. You will see them guarding banks and other facilities. They are contracted through the local police agencies. These are not "private" security guards, they are government employees that guard private facilities.

Great, so hire them.

You're the one crying about the lack of security. Hire them yourself. AGFY.

What does AGFY mean?

I'm not crying, I'm just making suggestions for those who are concerned. We already have security actually.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:27 pm

any sane person who read these pages they would not come down here. guns murders drug wars attacks jail robbery scams. (sounds like a B movie). it's "better than detroit"!!! (thats the best recommendation, & certainly the most humorous. lets put that on the marquee). when you tell me its "better than palm beach", then you will convince me. certainly this is not an advertisement for retirement. (quite a conflict if you read the real estate sites). in reality, the average person would not be reading this forum or chapala.com. they are communicating w/the realtor, the bed& breakfast host, the tour guide. lets face it, you have to be running from a revolting situation to even question the above information. (the discussions sound more like a day in the congo. kind of dangerous but the weathers nice). its great that forums like this exist. in general the "other side" was never discussed.

Last edited by susan on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:30 pm

Lehrer wrote:
raqueteer wrote:What does AGFY mean?
Just a guess, but -- considering the source -- I'd say it means: "And Go F*** Yourself."

Typical.
Evil or Very Mad

Not bad for an old fart like myself. Very Happy

Now on to the all important subject of security.

How many gated communities are there in the U.S.? Probably hundreds if not thousands. That's what things are coming to these days. Wake up people and smell the coffee. The economy sucks everywhere, if you want guarantees, there aren't any. Going back NOB is going to mean you probably won't have any protection anywhere. At least here you have a pretty good idea, as do most other places on this planet, of what you're facing. Unemployment and disenchanted youth (and why shouldn't they be?).

Facts are facts, and frankly I'd rather be here where at least some of the facts are acknowledged rather than somewhere where people think it's Disneyland on steroids.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:45 pm

susan wrote:any sane person who read these pages they would not come down here. guns murders drug wars attacks jail robbery scams. (sounds like a B movie). it's "better than detroit"!!! (thats the best recommendation, & certainly the most humorous. lets put that on the marquee). when you tell me its "better than palm beach", then you will convince me. certainly this is not an advertisement for retirement. (quite a conflict if you read the real estate sites). in reality, the average person would not be reading this forum or chapala.com. they are communicating w/the realtor, the bed& breakfast host, the tour guide. lets face it, you have to be running from a revolting situation to even question the above information. (the discussions sound more like a day in the congo. kind of dangerous but the weathers nice). its great that forums like this exist. in general the "other side" was never discussed.

You are dumber than a post, and a taco shy of a combo plate...... Beer Beer Beer and your elevator does not reach the top floor
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Lehrer wrote:
gringomojado wrote:
3. Be careful with the law on Calibre Nacional in MX. An AR15/M16 is 22 cal,though centerfire, an AK 47 is less than 30 cal, but I'd hate to be caught with one. Ditto for 9mm. A colt Auto of 38 Super used to be legal, but has ballistics of a 357 Magnum. It might still be legal, but don't be caught with one.

gm

gringomojado wrote:
David wrote:RE: your point #3, those weapons are not legal in Mexico.

Right that is why you take care. The bullet diameter of an AR15/CAR/M16 is 5.56mm or 22 caliber, but is illegal. AK47 is 7.62mm, or less than 30 cal but illegal!

gm

Be careful of how you measure a bullet (diameter). the cartridge is what is restricted and of course the firearm chambered for it. Best to get a ballbat or machete!
gm
Jeez!!! "Be careful" and "take care" are not synonymous with "avoid"!!! If these weapons are illegal, they should be AVOIDED!!!!

Your language suggest that they are okay to possess -- just be careful (or take care). Completely off-base and confusing to folks who want legitimate and trustworthy information, IMHO.

Dead Horse
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Ok sports fans, here is the law (I´m too lazy to translate right now):

Permitted calibers:

Artículo 9o.- Pueden poseerse o portarse, en los términos y con las limitaciones establecidas por esta
Ley, armas de las características siguientes:
I.- Pistolas de funcionamiento semi-automático de calibre no superior al .380 (9mm.), quedando
exceptuadas las pistolas calibres .38 Super y .38 Comando, y también en calibres 9 mm. las Mausser,
Luger, Parabellum y Comando, así como los modelos similares del mismo calibre de las exceptuadas, de
otras marcas.
II.- Revólveres en calibres no superiores al .38 Especial, quedando exceptuado el calibre .357
Magnum.
Los ejidatarios, cumuneros y jornaleros del campo, fuera de las zonas urbanas, podrán poseer y
portar con la sola manifestación, un arma de las ya mencionadas, o un rifle de calibre .22, o una escopeta
de cualquier calibre, excepto de las de cañón de longitud inferior a 635 mm. (25), y las de calibre superior
al 12 (.729 ó 18. 5 mm.).
III.- Las que menciona el artículo 10 de esta Ley.
IV.- Las que integren colecciones de armas, en los términos de los artículos 21 y 22.
Artículo 10.- Las armas que podrán autorizarse a los deportistas de tiro o cacería, para poseer en su
domicilio y portar con licencia, son las siguientes:
I.- Pistolas, revólveres y rifles calibre .22, de fuego circular.
II.- Pistolas de calibre .38 con fines de tiro olímpico o de competencia.
III.- Escopetas en todos sus calibres y modelos, excepto las de cañón de longitud inferior a 635 mm.
(25), y las de calibre superior al 12 (.729 ó 18. 5 mm.).
IV.- Escopetas de 3 cañones en los calibres autorizados en la fracción anterior, con un cañón para
cartuchos metálicos de distinto calibre.
V.- Rifles de alto poder, de repetición o de funcionamiento semi-automático, no convertibles en
automáticos, con la excepción de carabinas calibre, 30, fusil, mosquetones y carabinas calibre .223, 7 y 7. 62 mm. y fusiles Garand calibre .30.

Prohibited calibers:

Artículo 11.- Las armas, municiones y materia para el uso exclusivo del Ejército, Armada y Fuerza
Aérea, son las siguientes:
a).- Revólveres calibre .357 Magnum y los superiores a .38 Especial.
b).- Pistolas calibre 9 mm. Parabellum, Luger y similares, las .38 Super y Comando, y las de calibres
superiores.
c).- Fusiles, mosquetones, carabinas y tercerolas en calibre .223, 7 mm., 7. 62 mm. y carabinas
calibre .30 en todos sus modelos.
d).- Pistolas, carabinas y fusiles con sistema de ráfaga, sub-ametralladoras, metralletas y
ametralladoras en todos sus calibres.
e).- Escopetas con cañón de longitud inferior a 635 mm. (25), las de calibre superior al 12 (.729 ó 18.
5 mm) y las lanzagases, con excepción de las de uso industrial.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:01 am

I have dear friends on both sides of the handgun issue, those who believe easy access to hand guns is not good for this country and those who believe government has no business dictating ownership one way or the other.

I have gained valuable understanding from both arguments. I have made my final decision. I believe certain Americans, especially those who are more likely to become victims of crime, need to own and become proficient with handguns!

I can't discuss it further right now. Gotta get back to the firing range. It's my turn to pick up the brass behind the shooting stations..............

[img]Gringos Arming Themselves - Page 6 Att00013[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:49 am

Gimme a gun! I want to get back those nice tight buns like I used to have. :)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:17 am

Kind of trashy, maybe they are afraid of their pimps
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Artfully posed...they've never fired a gun in their lives.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Maybe they're just lined up waiting to be "chosen"??

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Gringos Arming Themselves - Page 6 Empty and in Arizona

Post by drmike Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:36 pm

hockables wrote:The Entire Problem the USA has with Guns... is the Prevelance of Guns... a Bad Guy can kick down nearly half the doors and Steal another one

As they Steal one and Provide it to a 12 Year Old Gangbanger... Joe Citizen just goes out and Buys Another ... probably Thru Insurance...

The run-on joke others have about the US is how some asshole can walk down the street, breaking into cars, and by the 6th or 8th car.... He's Armed

The man murdered while unloading his groceries would have benefitted immensely had that gun not been so readily available to some ignorant asshole....

Here in this state, a person can carry a gun with them at all times, into stores, BARS, while driving, anywhere in public you can wear it conspicuously or hidden with a permit. The shootings of others for road rage, bars and general mayhem is astounding. People are so f***ing stoopid (I know it's misspelled for all you school marms) they should not be allowed to arm themselves.

Dr. Mike
drmike
drmike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

http://smarthealthchoices.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down