INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jalisco driver license

+7
viajero
CanuckBob
CheenaGringo
hockables
E-raq
lucky
Berto
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jalisco driver license - Page 2 Empty Re: Jalisco driver license

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 am

lucky wrote:When I got my first Mexican driver's license a couple of weeks ago, this is the documentation that I needed:

CURP
FM3
Passport
Proof of residency
Proof of payment for license

and copies thereof.

Since my Telmex and CFE bills are in the name of my landlords, not me, I had to go to City Hall in Joco (where I live) and get a certificate of residency, for which I needed a small photo and the CFE bill that the driver's license people would not accept!

The driver's license office in Riberas has been closed for many months. The driver's license office is now located in Chapala on Degollado. Because of street work when I went there, I had to take a roundabout way. But I believe you can get to the office by (assuming you are coming from west of Chapala) going through the stoplight on the main street in Chapala. Go down to the American Legion and turn left on the one-way street there.

Degollado is a couple of blocks up. The entrance to the driver's license office in a little way west of the corner. (You will probably see some Vialidad trucks parked in the area.)

The office is open from 9AM until 1PM for licenses, Monday through Friday, although they will probably be closed tomorrow (19 November) for Dia de Revolution.

I actually paid for my license BEFORE I went to the driver's license office, because I came across one of the tax offices before I found the driver's license office. The tax office is on, I believe, Lopez Cotilla, about a block in from Christiana park.

For the chofer's license for my pickup, I paid 494 pesos. Automobile licenses are cheaper by maybe 100 pesos.

I had to take the "written" (i.e. computer) test which consisted of 10 multiple choice questions, all of course in Spanish, and I had no one to translate them for me....regardless of what the sign in the driver's license office says. And I had to take the driving and parallel parking test.

Berto, if you would just take the time to read my two blog posts about this, I pretty much answered all these questions except where exactly the driver's license office is located.

http://bigskysouthernsky.wordpress.com/2012/11/06/the-manila-folder-concession/

http://bigskysouthernsky.wordpress.com/2012/11/08/take-a-break-driver-8-or-driver-1-in-this-case/

In Ajijic you will need original lease and electric bill in your landlords name.
Lease will show your name. Make B&W copies of everything. My wife did
it a month ago.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Jalisco driver license - Page 2 Empty Re: Jalisco driver license

Post by little italy Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:48 pm

E-raq wrote:Be prepared for a long wait at the Chapala office. It took us four hours for a renewal.

I am up for renewel next year. May I ask you what type of documents needed for renewal or should I say what documents this year did you need for renewal? Thank you...

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2