INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two people murdered in Chapala were found today July 20, 2012

+17
Flamingo
Jim W
E-raq
Mad_Max
BRLAhere
lunateak
Traveller
Ricardo
brigitte
Axixic
RoofBob
sparks
johninajijic
CanuckBob
angela04101
MexicoPete
simpsca
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Two people murdered in Chapala were found today July 20, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Two people murdered in Chapala were found today July 20, 2012

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Aw, I just got confirmation that this is the woman I was thinking of. She was a sweetheart and didn't deserve this. Awful for the family.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Two people murdered in Chapala were found today July 20, 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Two people murdered in Chapala were found today July 20, 2012

Post by Southbound Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Very sad.

Southbound

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:49 am

Traveller wrote:
simpsca wrote:Just found this on TOB: This afternoon around 2 pm, the police discovered the bodies of 2 people, murdered in Chapala.

Thanks for posting this, Simpsca. I saw it on TOB yesterday, but it disappeared.
Condolences to Alfred and Alma's friends and families.

All the more reason to join this board!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 am

http://theguadalajarareporter.com/news-mainmenu-82/lake-chapala-mainmenu-84/31443-death-of-chapala-couple-pegged-as-robbery-homicide.html

A couple found dead in their Chapala home on Friday, July 20 appear to have been murdered during a robbery perpetrated earlier in the week.

According to Chapala police chief Reynol Contreras, the man and woman have been tentatively identified as Adolf Alfred, a German citizen approximately 70 years of age, and Mexican national Alma Rosa Villanueva de Sales, 61.

The double homicide was reported to the police department at 1:30 p.m. Friday, shortly after Villanueva’s elderly mother called a locksmith to open the couple’s residence, located in a small housing complex set out of view behind the Hotel Chapala Haciendas at the town's northern outskirts. She told police she first became concerned when her daughter failed to show up last Tuesday for customary daily visits to her Chapala home. Repeated attempts to contact her over the next three days had been fruitless. Villanueva was reportedly last seen alive on Monday while carrying out a transaction at a local bank.

Arriving at the crime scene, police found Alfred’s body in the living room, while that of his spouse was in the adjacent kitchen. Both were sprawled on the floor, face down. Contreras told the Reporter that he noticed a long bloody gash on the right side of the dead man’s head and a hammer laying on a nearby piece of furniture, but was unable to ascertain the nature of the woman’s fatal injuries. However, the conditions of the corpses made it apparent that death had occurred several days prior.

Indications of ransacking inside the dwelling – such as drawers pulled out of some furnishings – suggest that the robbery may have been a motive for the killings, the police chief stated. On the other hand, a television set and other electronic devices were found intact. He said that there were no signs of forced entry to the premises, a hint that the crime may have been an inside job.

Agents from Chapala’s Prosecutor’s Office (Ministerio Publico or MP) were called to take charge of the crime scene and pursue a formal investigation. Officers from Jalisco’s Forensic Institute removed the bodies for autopsy. MP officials were not available to the press over the weekend to confirm the victim’s names, ages and cause of death or reveal other pertinent details of their investigation.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rico Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:10 am

She is my landlady. The day I paid my deposit, she was met by 2 people as she drove into her driveway and forced to relenquish her keys and Purse. They took her almost new Jeep, either Liberty or Patriot and everything of value she had on her. She called me to cancel the check and arrange to have my locks changed. This was mid- April. This part is fact.
The story goes on from there, and I stress story, that she was broken into later and told that if she cancelled her credit cards, they would return to kill her. She called me last Monday to inform me she had returned from her vacation to see her son in the states the previous night, and wanted to send the gardener over to tend the yard onFriday. Gardener never showed. Found out by the local papers the next day what had happened. Sad, sad day.

rico

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2