INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempted kidnapping 10 am today in Ajijic - can anyone confirm???

+24
gringal
slainte39
johninajijic
David
MaggieL
brigitte
MexicoPete
hockables
oncesubtle
Smartalex
little italy
Gamina
Ms.Thang
ferret
kipissippi
CanuckBob
juanrey
Trailrunner
manymoonsago
Jim W
jackak10
ChickenLittle
Big Daddy Mexico
merry
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Attempted kidnapping 10 am today in Ajijic - can anyone confirm???  - Page 2 Empty Re: Attempted kidnapping 10 am today in Ajijic - can anyone confirm???

Post by kipissippi Mon May 21, 2012 6:03 pm

I have to agree Bobby. Make sure the courts don't let them slip away. I hate to see mob rule...but sometimes justice has to prevail over law.

kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Attempted kidnapping 10 am today in Ajijic - can anyone confirm???  - Page 2 Empty Re: Attempted kidnapping 10 am today in Ajijic - can anyone confirm???

Post by merry Mon May 21, 2012 6:04 pm

CanuckBob wrote:First it is rocks, then machetes and pitch forks. VIVA AJIJIC. Hopefully the next time the police arrive a wee bit later........

I do have a machete I need sharpened. Any idea where?

Merry
flag waver

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon May 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Get 'em Merry!!!! Beer
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Mon May 21, 2012 6:13 pm

.... AND a custom machete holder that fits on my saddle! Attempted kidnapping 10 am today in Ajijic - can anyone confirm???  - Page 2 477249

M.

Last edited by merry on Mon May 21, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon May 21, 2012 6:13 pm

I think that there may be two stories being merged as one here, attempted kidnapping last night in San Juan Cosala and capture today in Ajijic.
The chapala Gob FB page said they responded to an anonymous tip, not an emergency call. It will get straightened out eventually and the story is still amazing,

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon May 21, 2012 6:16 pm

And OMG go over to TOB and have a look , Duran just granted permission for Malayas post about this incident to stay...priceless!

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 pm

I have been advocating for the Mexicans to stand up and fight for their neighborhoods for a long time. Some people will be killed holding a pitchfork or a machete, but better that than cowering in the dark waiting to be kidnapped from their own homes.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Mon May 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Of course, I believe anyone of us would do whatever it took to save the lives of others, I know in my heart I would
It is obvious to me since the situation has calmed for a few days, the cartels are getting their feet wet by sending out messengers trying to test the waters. Those cholos were not in shock, come on it was their job to see what is going on even if they were caught, and just relays a message back to their bosses to get even.
I am glad the people are fighting back and have finally had enough of this bullshit. They know the police aren’t going to help and the feds can’t be everyplace at one time (sure hope they stay a long time) and feel they need to do something to protect the children.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon May 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Well...being on the losing end of a beating had to be a tad shocking...
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Mon May 21, 2012 6:58 pm

"It takes a whole village to raise [and protect] a child."

--Ancient African Proverb
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm

From the Chapala jail today around 11:30 a.m. a handcuffed man was put in the back of a state police truck with 2 masked officers and followed by an army Humvee with 6 soldiers. The prisoner looked to be in his mid-thirties and did not look beaten or bloody but he did seem to be very unhappy.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon May 21, 2012 7:17 pm

CanuckBob wrote:First it is rocks, then machetes and pitch forks. VIVA AJIJIC. Hopefully the next time the police arrive a wee bit later........

"NOT MACHETTES....the common folk WON'T put a stop to anything...."

"They're just gonna take it in the rear while all the rich folk move ta Florida..."

like I said... keep attacking innocents with no reason or provocation , the quiet masses will have little choice, but to deal with it
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon May 21, 2012 8:28 pm

So does anyone know the real story? Did the people catch them or were they caught later? I'd love to think that the people did a number on them... but just them breaking the don't get involved code of silence thing was huge.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 pm

It's really nice to hear a happy ending for once. I hope we will continue to be as lucky. Keep up the great work folks
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue May 22, 2012 8:29 am

what is interesting is that a Mexican friend of mine was a witness to the whole thing and told me that the army was called not the Chapala police as no one trust them and the Presidente is not trusted either for his refusal to bring the army in Chapala.
She was very proud that the two drug addicts who were the kidnappers and were caught were stopped thanks to people in the street and she was hoping that this would be a wake up call for all the village people.
She also said that the main witness was asked to go to Chapala to id the kidnappers and refused so the police in the black car (her words) put a hood on him before taking him to Chapala. He was afraid that someone in the Chapal police would know him and have him killed.That person believed the municipal police could not be trusted....
Apparently the kidnappers were really high on something and could barely function .

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Tue May 22, 2012 10:19 am

Ok, I agree that this is a GOOD thing.

However, it's important to make a distinction (which we on this board can't ) on whether these two men were part of 'the kidnappers' who are part of the group tied to the massacre ... or if they are a couple of lone losers who can't shoot straight anyway.

This isn't to diminish the importance of the event -- it's a great thing that the citizens joined forces against this crime in progress and stopped it -- but does anyone know yet if these were 'local' men out to make a quick bit of cash by preying on the fear that is rampant right now?

If they were part of an organized gang, working on the so-called 'quota of 50' then it's a different story -- more cause for concern than if these guys are 'independent' operators.

Thoughts?

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 22, 2012 10:26 am

No information yet on that.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 am

briggite and MaggieL - Good posts.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 am

MaggieL wrote:Ok, I agree that this is a GOOD thing.

However, it's important to make a distinction (which we on this board can't ) on whether these two men were part of 'the kidnappers' who are part of the group tied to the massacre ... or if they are a couple of lone losers who can't shoot straight anyway.

This isn't to diminish the importance of the event -- it's a great thing that the citizens joined forces against this crime in progress and stopped it -- but does anyone know yet if these were 'local' men out to make a quick bit of cash by preying on the fear that is rampant right now?

If they were part of an organized gang, working on the so-called 'quota of 50' then it's a different story -- more cause for concern than if these guys are 'independent' operators.

Thoughts?

At this point, what can be distinguished is that the kidnappers captured in Tala are not the same gangsters responsible for the 18 murders here at Lakeside. They may have been working together in some fashion but they were separate cells. So far, the authorities have discovered three "safehouses" in the Chapala area, one of of which had a freezer full of body parts, presumably from the 18 victims. But no arrests have been made.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 22, 2012 11:19 am

johninajijic wrote:briggite and MaggieL - Good posts.

A strong second on your posts...we need more comments like this.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 am

quote] At this point, what can be distinguished is that the kidnappers captured in Tala are not the same gangsters responsible for the 18 murders here at Lakeside. They may have been working together in some fashion but they were separate cells. So far, the authorities have discovered three "safehouses" in the Chapala area, one of of which had a freezer full of body parts, presumably from the 18 victims. But no arrests have been made.[/quote]

How did you distinguish that? The body parts were indeed from the 18 victims. A total of 6 arrests have been made. If you have a different version then pls quote your source(s).
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 22, 2012 11:57 am

The timing is all wrong here, but yesterday(Monday) we were on our way down the carretera heading east at 9:30 on the way into Guadalajara when two police trucks (the white ones) went screaming past in a real tear. This must have been another incident. Further on our way, on the main highway, a huge traffic backup and finally, a body was lying on the side of the road, completely covered. Lots of police. Assumed it was an accident. We hope.

In our personal neighborhood, it seems like all the Mexicans are related. Any bad guys that start problems, like breaking into cars, tend to disappear from the scene. I don't ask, and the neighbors don't tell. Maybe this is the beginning of a new order on a larger scale, but I have to agree that taking rocks to a gunfight might not have much of a future, practically speaking. Still, kudos for the spirit of the event!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue May 22, 2012 11:59 am

It might not have been a huge event in the grand scheme of things...but on a grass roots level...pretty damned important.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MaggieL Tue May 22, 2012 12:20 pm

gringal: I got caught up in that traffic jam too -- weird thing was that just before I got to it (around 8:30 or so) a car came barreling down the shoulder, heading south on the northbound side.

The jam must have lasted a long time, because I passed by the covered body at approx 9:00 am -- I know because I was worried that I'd be late for a 9:30 appt so I was closely watching my clock.

So terribly sad, couldn't help thinking about it all day and evening .. somewhere in Guadalaja, a family was mourning the sudden loss of someone they loved.

MaggieL

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 pm

David wrote:quote]
How did you distinguish that? The body parts were indeed from the 18 victims. A total of 6 arrests have been made. If you have a different version then pls quote your source(s).

The six arrests were in Tala and are were for the kidnappings of 12 people there. The leader of the Tala gang was "El Chato." Here's an excerpt from a Milenio article on the press interview with El Chato, following his arrest.

"The detainee [El Chato] said that "Fernando" was coordinated with another cell that holds sway in the Lakeside and would be responsible for the murder of 18 people, whose mutilated bodies were found in two abandoned vehicles on the road to Chapala, 9 May."

You can read the full article here: http://jalisco.milenio.com/cdb/doc/noticias2011/951b856687d366273d2918c87e78ca49

In addition, at the town meeting last Wednesday, Chief Contreras said they were following leads developed from searching the safehouses. The killers of the 18 people are still being sought.

Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue May 22, 2012 1:31 pm

I think wheter it be cartels or opportunists...dead is dead and the people of Lakeside have taken their power and pride back. I don't think once you've felt that... you can go back to business as usual.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next