INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

+20
David
Intercasa
lobita
simpsca
Chapalagringa
Parker
CheenaGringo
hockables
gringal
CanuckBob
espĂ­ritu del lago
lakesidecrime
Ricardo
Traveller
Zedinmexico
brigitte
ferret
itsme
johninajijic
raqueteer
24 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 5 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah, well most likely closed due to thread drift over to Chapala Haciendas.
Man oh man, they sure got into questioning every single detail over there. Gotta love manny/susan/bronco, with the hesheit allegations. Whoa there.
As for the columbos/miss marples, the homeowner was truly pissed off with some of them. Honestly I'm wondering if some of these medio cerebros could figure out how to exit a paper bag, never mind solve the crime without even seeing the evidence.

Hey C.B. where's the banging head against the wall emotion when you really need it?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 5 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by gringal Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 pm

I never fail to be amazed at people who don't read the OP, but make up their minds how it must have been, based on their own prejudices. (Head banging emoticon is still there, Raq.) You couldn't convince them that a cigar is a cigar, even if they were smoking it.
Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 5 477249

Anyone want to make bets on how long manny/susan/bronco will last over there before getting the boot?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm

They couldn't find their ass in the dark with both hands!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:33 pm

A lot of people wish it didn't happen & it probably helps to make them feel better if they can't connect all the dots and disregard it. It's none of my business but having more details makes me feel better when I compare the happenings to where I live. I try to imagine what I could have done to have maybe better protected myself as the victims have already installed more security for themselves etc. How impressive that their pug attacked!!! Pug deserves a hero's medal & makes me smile!

What I can't figure out & we'll never know, other than thank God that the thieves didn't hold up the owners w/their guns & that they were a bad shot! Considering the several home invasions already this year that homeowners were held up. The power was cut but how did the video cameras record the rest of it? I don't need to know but glad it did!

As I walk my personal protection dog around our fracc, watch the faces of the workers as we pass by, it makes me wonder if some of these fraccs had a few security guards w/trained dogs to walk the streets if thieves would find somewhere else to go? Or probably better yet, the home owners owning their own. It's a shame how uneducated folks are about owning one. We have a little one who is growing up with ours & they're perfect family pets, but when they are to guard, the switch is on & they are very suspicious & willing to defend you. They know the difference between your loved ones & those who do not belong. Someone here thought I wouldn't be able to handle one w/herniated discs. Mine is so well trained that if I forget my back support belt, I don't even miss it. In fact, walking again has made me so much better. That & having the maid back, hehe (she's doing an exemplary job, stepped it up after having a few months of rest)

But everyone has to do what they feel most comfortable with. Our power goes out enough that having an alarm alone would not be enough. Had there been one or a couple of guard dogs outside of all of the homes that were invaded, would the thieves have passed them by? There were 3 home invasions near me & we were thankfully passed over. People living w/a larger lot or fraccs that are more rural need to consider a personal protection guard dog. They need one outside & another inside or at least an alarmist type dog inside. It makes me glad to see a few in our area having already gotten some guard dog pups to train. Many homes are still very vulnerable.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:31 pm

@chapalagringa, that was really one of the best responses I've ever heard regarding this issue. None of our guards have any protection other than pepper spray. What are they supposed to do?
1. Since this break in I have been interviewing various people in the fracc. Sadly most gringos are not capable of discussing anything in Spanish. The best information I have had to date has been that the guards have no protection, there was a great deal of confusion at the time, and the guards did try to respond appropriately, but were naturally very frightened since the perps were armed. The police arrived in less than 30 minutes, but due to general confusion were somewhat limited in their actions. End of that story. This was truly a very isolated incident here, however things could and probably will escalate as things get more intense
2. Guard dogs would be a wonderful addition to patrols in any fracc. Just as police up north have their highly valued canine companions.
3. Very unfortunately when we're in another country with rules and laws we don't really understand, we tend to become totally freaked out, and I include myself in this. Last night I confronted two men entering the house next door and probably scared the poor guys out of at least a few years growth. After calming down and doing due diligence I discovered that they were actually friends of the owners, who are not in residence. We need to all calm down, take a few breaths and assess the situation. Anyone who is Spanish challenged needs to have an interpreter, my job over the last week and a bit. Everyone, including our guards are very much on edge.
4. Regarding the gunshots in Joco this afternoon, we also heard sirens here, which wasn't the best of situations considering everyone's hair trigger emotional level right now.
5. Having reviewed the videotaped evidence, and watching the family dog in action, I'm very impressed with what our doggy friends are willing to do for us. They truly are our very best friends. This dog kept at the robbers well after they had shot at her!!! She never gave up the battle for an instant, and for sure saved the owners' lives without question. Clearly our family dog, who has never been trained also saved our lives.

What a wonderful way to finish off two birds with one stone. Rescue dogs, trained by Wolf's, loved and adored by all residents, and the guards themselves, could not be a better solution IMO to the increasing threats surrounding us at the moment. How can we expect to solve the problem of our guards risking their lives to save our sorry asses? They have families too!!! Enough with the mudslinging, let's take appropriate action here. Save some dogs, protect our guards and ourselves and put the bastards in fear of their lives instead of cowering in fear. The dogs have no fear!

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:54 pm

I did a lot of studying about training for personal protection & guard and you need to be aware that not any dog can do this type of work. Yes, some strays are more protective than others but there has to be the instinct in them. Not any dog will do & yes there definitely are exceptions! The dog must be at least 5 months old to start obedience training & then go through advanced obedience & personal protection and guard(pp&g). I didn't even know if my dog could do it(pp&g), he had to be tested after obedience training but the owner/trainer thought we could awaken enough of his natural abilities to satisfy my desire for protection. We were able to combine advance w/guard and protection. I had him bordered there but now having learned how to handle him we are furthering his training on a weekly bases until he's 3 years old and fully matured. Not planning on bording our rotty but weekly classes for personal protection. I'm not saying it's impossible for protection & guard w/a stray but from what I've studied, it needs to be a working breed type dog.

One of our neighbors has adopted a couple of larger strays & then also bought a belgium shepherd pup to train. Smart couple. Wolf's raises 2 types of shepherds. Chez & belgium. They have dogs in training that can be purchased and pups. They also train dogs for the military & police. We did not buy a dog there but I considered it if it wasn't possible with the dog I bordered. Believe me, it's empowering to own a trained dog. My biggest complaint was when I was home alone. What can I do to protect myself? My back is messed up. I really felt defenseless but not anymore. I sleep very peacefully. Not to discourage adoptive dogs, lots of folks have more than one dog, but they may not be qualified for the personal protection & guard training, just a heads up.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:04 am

After these incidents that have happened in the Raquet Club, what has the BOD done to make RC a more secure environment?

Have they had a Homeowners meeting? Have they appointed people to be on a Security Committee to investigate security?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:18 am

Thanks Chapalagringa, I agree only certain breeds of dogs will do the job. We will certainly keep all this in mind.

@Johninajijic, it is none of your business what the Raquet Club has done following this break in.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 am

raqueteer wrote:Thanks Chapalagringa, I agree only certain breeds of dogs will do the job. We will certainly keep all this in mind.

@Johninajijic, it is none of your business what the Raquet Club has done following this break in.

I was just asking a civil question, but you cannot answer it in that manner because you're not civil. You're a very rude and nasty person to say the least. You keep posting your woes here, on and on and over and over. Get over it and move on with your life. Or sell your house in RC, but don't forget to drop the price by $ 200 K since this last incident. Or you may not be able to sell it at all since you live in the worst druggie town at Lakeside.

There is NO SECURITY in the RC. We just drive by security. They let anyone in to go to the restaurants and such. What have you done to help your BOD with security since you're so concerned? NADA, I suspect.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 am

We'be been to Chac Lan's the last 2 weeks in a row & we were stopped, had to give name & license of vehicle again.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 am

Chapalagringa wrote:We'be been to Chac Lan's the last 2 weeks in a row & we were stopped, had to give name & license of vehicle again.

Great! That's what guards are for. Only after that incident they started that. When we were there on April 1, they did not do that.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 5 Pitbul10

U need this little fella.... and properly trained... he'll start barking long before they are near a bedroom!!

Pugs are cute... so are butterflies
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:14 pm

This is a cute example, obviously there are exceptions w/Mr. Pug!:

Some people mention guard dogs getting shot. I haven't heard of any but I have read that some are a bad shot so I'd think you'd have a better chance of having a valiant biting dog than worrying that it'd be shot. You & everyone else around you would hear it and bring in the police rather quickly, which would be pretty stupid. Seems it'd be easier to go somewhere else. (ok someone just walked by the security camera and picked their big butt...pretty funny...) The dogs are trained to go after armed persons & the dogs are pretty darn fast.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:18 am

I was the one who mentioned that. I'm making the assumption that the shooter would be adept enough with a gun to hit a target, i.e., the guard dog. End of guard. Could even do it through a fence or from the top of the wall, out of the dog's reach.

Basically.......if you enjoy owning a dog in the first place, feeding it, picking up its poop, making arrangements for its care when you're away and everything else involved....by all means put it to work guarding the house and owner as well. However, it the routine involved doesn't appeal........look into other means of home protection. There are many ways to approach home security.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5