INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

+20
David
Intercasa
lobita
simpsca
Chapalagringa
Parker
CheenaGringo
hockables
gringal
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
lakesidecrime
Ricardo
Traveller
Zedinmexico
brigitte
ferret
itsme
johninajijic
raqueteer
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 4 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by ferret Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am

DUH! We're talking burglary/robbery/home invasion here...to get your STUFF. Who said anything about a hit by a cartel? Your imagination runneth over.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 4 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by hockables Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:49 am

itsme wrote:IMO if the security guards are not carrying AK 47s and be willing to use them, NO gated community is going to keep anyone out who wants to get in. Anyone who thinks so is living with a false sense of security. We all know grenades have been used in the past, and when one cartel is after someone in YOUR frac, well they will do as they wish. Just my opinion, don't knock me over the head and drag me behind your car now.

Typically "the bad guys " carry the AK47s cause they are produced in China, and cheaper to purchase....

" the good guys " usually carry a Quality American Firearm, like the M16... unless of course they were on Sale that Week... then " the bad guys " will have M16s as well...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 am

ferret wrote:DUH! We're talking burglary/robbery/home invasion here...to get your STUFF. Who said anything about a hit by a cartel? Your imagination runneth over.

itsme thinks that drug kingpins and dealers live in Gated Communities. That's not the case and if they did, they wouldn't be bringing their drug trade to their homes where the comings and goings of residents could easily spot strange vehicles coming and going. Those vehicles would never be allowed to enter, if they were not known to the guards or had to sign in/out with dates, times, vehicle make and plate number. Fraccs might/will be a different story, especially if they don't have guards or electronic gates.

itsme - You're having pipe dreams and have gone over the edge.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 am

johninajijic wrote:
ferret wrote:DUH! We're talking burglary/robbery/home invasion here...to get your STUFF. Who said anything about a hit by a cartel? Your imagination runneth over.

itsme thinks that drug kingpins and dealers live in Gated Communities. That's not the case and if they did, they wouldn't be bringing their drug trade to their homes where the comings and goings of residents could easily spot strange vehicles coming and going. Those vehicles would never be allowed to enter, if they were not known to the guards or had to sign in/out with dates, times, vehicle make and plate number. Fraccs might/will be a different story, especially if they don't have guards or electronic gates.

itsme - You're having pipe dreams and have gone over the edge.

John... those " bad guys " are everywhere....

A nice lady rented her home to a nice couple in El Limon ( a shithole by your standards, I know... but we make due )
the nice couple didn't move in... a bunch of guys in a big black SUV did... next thing was guns and grenades going off, police everywhere... waddya gonna do?
If the nice lady in your neighborhood will rent to someone like " Our Fearless Leader & Chairman Of The Board " Canuckybob...
U should just be grateful Bobby didn't bring his Grenades....
or did he?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:29 am

Is El Limon gated with security in place? We gotta compare apples with apples in this situation.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:39 am

ferret wrote:Is El Limon gated with security in place? We gotta compare apples with apples in this situation.

well....no....

but the gates at Johns place are manned by a card lock machine... hardly anything that would deter street hardened gangbangers who are backed with a million or so in drug money....

as for your guards.... one gets a thousand a week to look the other way.... one gets a bullet in the back of the head.... cause he didn't look the other way...

which one is at your gate I wonder?

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:42 am

I believe El Limon had that kind of trouble one time only, that I know of. They also had one house get broken into 5 or 6 times. Those people moved. They didn't have security at that time. I believe, although not sure, that they have security now. It is an out of the way place that needs security.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am

hockables - What do these comments to do with Raquet Club thread?

We don't have a card lock, we have an intercom and electronic gates. We know all the vehicles that work in our Community. And your STUPID remarks make no sense. Why would any drug dealer want to enter a Gringo Community? Are you drinking this early or did you forget your meds?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm

John 11 years here, you can't speak spanish,you don't like mexicans what the fuck are you doing here,hit the road Jack,my offer still stands, 250 k because my mexican son liked the pics of your pool.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:21 pm

John, a private message becomes the property of the person who receives it. They can do with it as they like.
If someone doesn't like the message that's sent then people better be aware that they can copy and post it anywhere they darn well like. Be careful what you write!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:27 pm

I am at the coast presently. I walked out of the house this AM only to come across a big pile of iguana shit. I thought to myself, looks like johnny boy better pick himself up off the drive way pretty quick and get back to the lake if he's gonna make the meeting mañana.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 pm

johninajijic wrote:

I think Bob should delete these posts, but that's up to him.

I thought Bob had deleted you. WTF are you still here?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 pm

ferret wrote:John, a private message becomes the property of the person who receives it. They can do with it as they like.
If someone doesn't like the message that's sent then people better be aware that they can copy and post it anywhere they darn well like. Be careful what you write!

I thought out of courtesy and being a gentleman that people wouldn't copy and paste a private message. Thought that's what PM's are for. Guess not.

viajero - Making accusations again. If I didn't like it here I would have been gone a long time ago. Since when is there a requirement to speak Spanish? NOT! There is none and if you think there should be, then there should be a requirement for Mexicans to speak English in the US.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Solovino wrote:
johninajijic wrote:

I think Bob should delete these posts, but that's up to him.

I thought Bob had deleted you. WTF are you still here?

Is this SHIT on John day? Any chance you take the opportunity to do just that, don't you. Yes, temporarily and it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, what Bob does. It's HIS forum, NOT YOURS. Since when did you become a Mod here???
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:57 pm

It's not a requirement, just a very good idea for people who immigrate to other countries to learn the local language,be they gringos or mexicans or whatever.I could go on but why waste my time with a lame burro like you.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Solovino wrote:I am at the coast presently. I walked out of the house this AM only to come across a big pile of iguana shit. I thought to myself, looks like johnny boy better pick himself up off the drive way pretty quick and get back to the lake if he's gonna make the meeting mañana.

If you stepped in it, it's good luck. Not going to the meeting, although Bob wanted me to, but I don't wanna get crapped on any more. I don't know if some of you are violent. And because I'm handicapped, if you attacked me, I'd have to have you thrown in jail in an instant.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:15 pm

John, I can personally guarantee that no one will attack you or abuse you at the meeting in any way......best to come out and show people that you are not so bad of a guy. Just misunderstood............jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:19 pm

CanuckBob wrote:John, I can personally guarantee that no one will attack you or abuse you at the meeting in any way......best to come out and show people that you are not so bad of a guy. Just misunderstood............jaja.

Thanks, Bob, but I'll pass this time.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Actually, John........nobody is going to give you a hard time in person. I'd be astonished if they did. Maybe if some of the people who are often at each others' throats met, their online behavior towards each other would improve.
Or not.

I'd go to the meeting, but have appointments that took a long time getting, so won't cancel. I've already met a few of you. Maybe next time.
Have a good one.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by prorader Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:51 pm

I going as long as viajero doesn't bring his 6 year old
prorader
prorader
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Before starting, and in response to why the thieves were in our home, or at the gate for three hours. It is a large home, on three floors. The intruders went through every drawer and cupboard, ate food, cookies and chocolates, before encountering an old safe on one of the lower floors, which they spent some time trying to break into.

@ferret, I appreciate your comments. The main focus of the Raquet Club BOD has been to under report crime, presumably in order to keep property values high. All that glitters is not gold. The cameras were great but not infallible. Masks, gloves and some cameras disabled by the thieves were a problem in this case.

@Seewee, your comments are received and respected. If you live in the Raquet Club your information may be lacking. The night patrols are spotty at best. At times when I have been ill and up at night, I have seen no evidence at all of patrols. I understand that the guards are not armed, which is why we informed them in both Spanish and English that the intruders were armed and shots fired. The question about thieves being in the house for 3 hours is explained above for the benefit of all readers. My dogs are well disciplined and did not alert us until the intruders were close to our bedroom door. If you have other valid questions, we are currently working on a video of the event for both Lakeside Crime, and the police. This is an expensive endeavor for us, however will prove to be of great benefit to the greater community lakeside. Could you provide evidence that this was an isolated incident since I would like to know the source of that information. It might help us sleep better at night. BTW the Raquet Club recently bought a new four wheeler at a cost of 93,670 pesos.
@Intercasa, I have reviewed the camera footage. It appears that 3 or possibly four entered on foot. No cars were visible.
@Whitey, I assume total responsibility for security at my home. We had a mediocre electric fence which has since been replaced with a 30,000 volt fence and alarm system. As explained above, the dogs alerted us at the bedroom door, one of the pugs attacked the thieves. Our phone line was cut, electricity ground cut at the mains, and 3 cameras disabled.
@Manny, I am not stressed, however I am extremely pi**** off. I appreciate your comments about respect. This is an important issue for me and for that reason I do not often post here. Feel free to request additional information which you feel may be relevant.
@Helper Guy, thanks for your support, hope all is well with you.
@Atlas, all information will be provided to Lakeside Crime, police and the Ministerio Público. It has been a challenge to edit footage from eight cameras as well as fortifying our home, plus other activities.

To everyone else who has commented on this thread, thank you for all your input, both positive and negative. I have posted this information as a public service to the community as a whole, as I am fully aware of frustration regarding safety issues.

I would also like to thank some of our expat neighbors, and "many" of our Mexican friends for their support during our time of need.

Muchas Gracias.

This post has been authorized to be posted here by the owner of the house in question.

No smartass commentary please, and thank you guys!

Cheers,
Raq

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Raqueteer:
Am I assuming correctly that this was not your house, but that of another resident there?

What a terrible experience for anyone.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:04 pm

gringal wrote:Raqueteer:
Am I assuming correctly that this was not your house, but that of another resident there?

What a terrible experience for anyone.

That's right. I have just gotten back from viewing video footage of the event.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:16 pm

I cannot believe the way that some of the amateur Columbos or Miss Marples on TOB are trying to pick apart the victim's story!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:12 pm

The thread on TOB has been locked now.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Yeah, well most likely closed due to thread drift over to Chapala Haciendas.
Man oh man, they sure got into questioning every single detail over there. Gotta love manny/susan/bronco, with the hesheit allegations. Whoa there.
As for the columbos/miss marples, the homeowner was truly pissed off with some of them. Honestly I'm wondering if some of these medio cerebros could figure out how to exit a paper bag, never mind solve the crime without even seeing the evidence.

Hey C.B. where's the banging head against the wall emotion when you really need it?

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next