INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

+20
David
Intercasa
lobita
simpsca
Chapalagringa
Parker
CheenaGringo
hockables
gringal
CanuckBob
espĂ­ritu del lago
lakesidecrime
Ricardo
Traveller
Zedinmexico
brigitte
ferret
itsme
johninajijic
raqueteer
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 3 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by ferret Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

Foreigners DO commit crimes. Older, decrepit foreigners may not scale fences but they sure can be masterminds.

ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 3 Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 am

Rmember Arthur March and his son?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:19 am

brigitte wrote:Rmember Arthur March and his son?

Not so much other than his son, Perry March had murdered his wife in Nashville, Tennessee. And they were heavy into white-collar crime in the Chapala area. Certainly not like most thieves in this area, ( not including cartel related crimes) that are breaking into homes, threating people and stealing whatever they can.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 am

raqueteer wrote:I have just called management and they would like to know what day, or more specifically the hours approximately when you guys were able to enter without identification, so that whoever failed to request identification will be given a warning.

Sunday night. April 1 at 6:30 PM. Left at ?? Dark
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:34 am

Profiling? Sure. I doubt a pickup truck full of young Mexican men could enter so easily, but what is, is..... and the guarding is negligent.

However, some of the problems in gated communities are the same as the those in separate houses. The help gets the keys: a relative twists their arms to get them, gets in and robs the place. The maid or gardener may be an honest person........but we all know that to their mamas and poppas, the bad kids are saints.

This happened to a friend. The maid wept and wept when the police questioned her, but the homeowners still lost their valuables to a key-used robbery. The owners thought the police were being "mean"; they felt "sorry" for her and let her off the hook.
It's the whole fam damily you are hiring, whether you know it or not.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:55 am

brigitte wrote:They do not check white people , that is what it means. If you go to the Racquet club and you obviously are not a Mexican you do not sign in.

Parker, the woman who lived in our house 14 years ago did her own profiling and was not scared when she found a young foreigner in her kitchen.Later on that day she could not find her keys and she was found dead the next morning and her car was missing. So much for foreigners not commiting crimes.

I would bet they relax their guard for Mexican Nationals in their 50-60 & 70's as well... especially as RC is 50% Mexican...
In Parker's statement I choose to key the word senior.... why others automatically choose to key into gringo/a I'll never understand
I read the described demographic as an age thing... not a race thing
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Sorry I stand corrected, they relax if people are decently dressed and drive a nice car. I bet you younger Mexicans or foreigners who are polite, drive a nice car, have no problems either.

I would not bet on the age.

We have Mexican friends who were just robbed by an older foreigner and I can tell you that their trust of old foreigners is gone as well.

Everyone profiles according according to their past experience , it is part of taking shortcuts and not reinventing the wheel.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:34 pm

If John actually did get in and out without signing on April first, I will report it to management, and the guard sanctioned.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:42 pm

brigitte wrote:Sorry I stand corrected, they relax if people are decently dressed and drive a nice car. I bet you younger Mexicans or foreigners who are polite, drive a nice car, have no problems either.

I would not bet on the age.

We have Mexican friends who were just robbed by an older foreigner and I can tell you that their trust of old foreigners is gone as well.

Everyone profiles according according to their past experience , it is part of taking shortcuts and not reinventing the wheel.

No one is saying there aren’t any seniors involved in doing bad stuff, just that according to most reports it appears to be a much younger age.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Make your home a little fortress & get a couple personal protection dogs and sleep in peace. Wolf's Canine Escuela.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:48 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:Make your home a little fortress & get a couple personal protection dogs and sleep in peace. Wolf's Canine Escuela.

Dogs haven't ate anyone yet? lol

not a bad idea.... you might halfta pay the gardener a few bucks more ....

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club - Page 3 Killer10
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:16 am

hockables - That's just too funny.

All - If you have a guard that is doing his job properly, EVERYONE, white, Mexican, young, old, driving nice cars or not MUST be logged in/out.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 am

CanuckBob wrote:I have been hanging on these forums for about 6 years and running this one for 2 years so I have heard about most everything that has happened around the lake. I came from a big city where there was a lot of crime also. You need to be aware of your surroundings and watch your back all the time. I don't like these home invasions and these guys sounded like a bunch of amatuers at best

However I am perplexed with these so called "gated communities" that are too cheap to have a proper gate and 24/7 security given that the residents live in $250K+ houses. Whats another $100 per month or so on the maintenance fee? They aren't paying hardly anything for land taxes. Go figure.

Bob, The problem as I understand it is that many of the residents don't pay their fees - as low as they are. In some communities more than 50% don't pay. Both Mexican and NOBs. I rented for a year from a Mexican friend in Guadalajara and she said it is a typical problem in Mexico and the building where she owned an apartment - which I rented - had no money for maintenance because if one owner refused to pay, they all did.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 am

You can't broadbrush many Communities, There is a dufference between a Fracc and a Fated Community. I tend to think that Gated Communities are much better run than Fraccs. And they are much better run by Homeowners vs. Management Companies. Los Arroyos Sur has NO delinquent homeowners as I suspect many other Gated Communities do. I do know one that has or had many delinquent Homeowners, but rather than start WWIII, I choose not to mention it.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:01 am

I realize that Fated Community is a typo but the definition of Fated is a classic:
1. Governed by fate; predetermined.
2. Condemned to death or destruction; doomed: the fated city of Troy.

Way too funny!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:12 am

Some typos are just typos: others merit a celebration.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:33 am

That's dumb and too funny at the same time.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lobita Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:02 pm

johninajijic wrote:You can't broadbrush many Communities, There is a dufference between a Fracc and a Fated Community. I tend to think that Gated Communities are much better run than Fraccs. And they are much better run by Homeowners vs. Management Companies. Los Arroyos Sur has NO delinquent homeowners as I suspect many other Gated Communities do. I do know one that has or had many delinquent Homeowners, but rather than start WWIII, I choose not to mention it.

Pardon the slight derailment, but could you (or someone) explain the differences between 'fraccs' and gated communities? I was working under the (apparently mistaken) assumption that they were synonyms.

(I'm new to the board; we are currently renting in Ajijic for a month and considering an eventual move down.)
lobita
lobita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:07 pm

A fracc is a group of homes with an association or can be an area in general. A gated community is the aforementioned but with gated access / entry.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Sometimes gated communities are Condominios.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:09 pm

Who cares, we can't change the things that happen....live and love life
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 pm

Intercasa wrote:A fracc is a group of homes with an association or can be an area in general. A gated community is the aforementioned but with gated access / entry.

A fraccionamiento is a subdivision.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:07 pm

It would appear that the Raquet Club is taking exactly the opposite actions of Riviera Alta. Here they are being very pro-active in crime prevention even though there has never been a break in. I wonder if the Board of Directors could be charged with negligence and/or dereliction of duty for their lackadaisical manner in implementing security measures. Keeping property values up has a lot to do with that BOD and IMHO they are going about it ass backward. They should be taking action to prevent further problems and publicizing it. If you don't think that doesn't trickle to those interested in buying, you'd be wrong. A BOD who doesn't give a shit doesn't attract potential buyers...it deters them.
Head in the sand not only exposes the butt for a good kicking...they won't even see it coming.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:48 pm

lobita wrote:
johninajijic wrote:You can't broadbrush many Communities, There is a dufference between a Fracc and a Fated Community. I tend to think that Gated Communities are much better run than Fraccs. And they are much better run by Homeowners vs. Management Companies. Los Arroyos Sur has NO delinquent homeowners as I suspect many other Gated Communities do. I do know one that has or had many delinquent Homeowners, but rather than start WWIII, I choose not to mention it.

Pardon the slight derailment, but could you (or someone) explain the differences between 'fraccs' and gated communities? I was working under the (apparently mistaken) assumption that they were synonyms.

(I'm new to the board; we are currently renting in Ajijic for a month and considering an eventual move down.)

A Fracc's roads are owned by and "supposed to be maintained" by the Town/City. They usually are not maintained properly, if at all by the Town/City. A Gated Communities roads are privately owned and maintained by the Condominium. I believe the By Laws are totally different for Gated Communities (Condominiums) vs. Fracc's and that the BOD have more power in Gated Communities.

Intercasa can best explain the differences.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 am

IMO if the security guards are not carrying AK 47s and be willing to use them, NO gated community is going to keep anyone out who wants to get in. Anyone who thinks so is living with a false sense of security. We all know grenades have been used in the past, and when one cartel is after someone in YOUR frac, well they will do as they wish. Just my opinion, don't knock me over the head and drag me behind your car now.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:46 am

DUH! We're talking burglary/robbery/home invasion here...to get your STUFF. Who said anything about a hit by a cartel? Your imagination runneth over.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next