INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

+20
David
Intercasa
lobita
simpsca
Chapalagringa
Parker
CheenaGringo
hockables
gringal
CanuckBob
espíritu del lago
lakesidecrime
Ricardo
Traveller
Zedinmexico
brigitte
ferret
itsme
johninajijic
raqueteer
24 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club Empty Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by raqueteer Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Armed intruders entered a home using keys, they were armed with a gun and stole the owners kitchen knives to use as possible weapons. One of the intruders shot at the owner, and fortunately missed. They had cut the telephone wires computer connection and the electricity, at the main, and moved the security cameras on the roof.
Several other break in attempts have been reported in the area this week, including a probable attempt on our property last week. In our case the electric fence repelled them.
There was also a shooting on the carretera last sunday, with one kid murdered and another injured.

All of these incidents occurred between 4 and 5 a.m.

Be careful!!!

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by johninajijic Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:33 pm

With keys!!! An INSIDE job most likely. Who was murdered and was he involved with drugs???
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club Empty Re: Very serious breakin -the Raquet Club

Post by raqueteer Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:36 pm

John, the boy murdered was the grandson of one of the maids who work here. He and his friends were not, to my knowledge, involved in drugs.

Clearly this was an inside job, no question about it. They went into the owners toolroom, as they did to us as well.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Just wondering, what was a boy doing out between 4 and 5 AM?

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:00 pm

itsme wrote:Just wondering, what was a boy doing out between 4 and 5 AM?

Have no idea, I haven't spoken to the family. I don't know squat about it other than it happened. Sorry.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Sorry to hear that this has happened again. Please be safe.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:33 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Raqueteer:

You are ruining John's standard excuse that anyone getting killed has to have been involved in drugs by having incomplete info!

Well, let's put it this way, I know the grandmother, and will find out as much as I can. In the interim, I will not speculate without further information. Since I only learned about this a few hours ago, one can hardly expect full knowledge about all the details.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Involved in drugs can run the gamet from selling and or using drugs to not wanting to get involved selling drug. If you appear on the radar of these gangs for whatever reason you are at risk .

It is a sad story for the family no matter what the story was.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:04 pm

brigitte wrote:Involved in drugs can run the gamet from selling and or using drugs to not wanting to get involved selling drug. If you appear on the radar of these gangs for whatever reason you are at risk .

It is a sad story for the family no matter what the story was.

I could not agree more-

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:10 am

Everytime you move CHANGE THE LOCKS!!!!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:29 pm

raqueteer wrote:There was also a shooting on the carretera last sunday, with one kid murdered and another injured.

All of these incidents occurred between 4 and 5 a.m.

Be careful!!!

Raqueteer, is the shooting incident the same as the one reported on Lakesidecrime with this link
http://guerracontraelnarco.blogspot.mx/2012/04/balean-y-matan-tres-en-jalisco.html
or have there been two fatal shooting incidents?
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Traveller, I think it is the same one but there are too few details including the time of the shooting, which was translated as 5 p.m. Will have to check with the maid when she returns to work.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Update:

This has now been classified as attempted murder by the M.P.
The owner was shot at 3 times, one missing his head by mere inches.
Their dog saved his life because he had bent down trying to protect her..
The M.P now have fingerprints, shell casings and on monday will get 2 professional C.D.'s of the perps.
The perps actually ran through a plate glass patio door trying to escape, then fired again at the owner. Screaming during their whole escape effort.
They cut the electric fence, and jumped over it, getting massive electric shocks in the process.
In closing, all I have to say is that if the Board of Directors and the authorities are not willing to deal with this issue, along with every resident of SJC, many people will leave Mexico permanently, including ourselves.

The line is now drawn in the sand.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:46 pm

The article in Spanish says the incident occurred at 5:00am on the Jocotepec-Chapala highway at San Juan Cosolá, with two males dead but it gives no ages or identifying data.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Ricardo wrote:The article in Spanish says the incident occurred at 5:00am on the Jocotepec-Chapala highway at San Juan Cosolá, with two males dead but it gives no ages or identifying data.

Thanks Ricardo, am too stressed at the moment to look into anything more, but will post more as I get it. Frankly I just read the english translation on Lakeside crime. It has been a very exhausting weekend and I've truly run out of steam.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:16 am

This incident is truly unfortunate for all concerned. It is not the norm in Mexico or in any of our little villages. I still wonder what the boy has to do with it being out at 5 AM unless he was taking a drug delivery or refusing to sell. Something is very fishy.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by lakesidecrime Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:24 am

Ricardo wrote:The article in Spanish says the incident occurred at 5:00am on the Jocotepec-Chapala highway at San Juan Cosolá, with two males dead but it gives no ages or identifying data.
Agree it should be 5 am -

lakesidecrime

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:07 am

Canuck Bob, well what do you think about all of this ? I assume you are permanent in mx. I have been unable to sell my house going on three years now. A cares for it best as she can while I still pay taxes. I don't even bother renting it out as it is in a small village on ss . I don't even come down anymore. What a mess! Before crime had gotten totally out of hand I was broken into twice.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:01 am

I have been hanging on these forums for about 6 years and running this one for 2 years so I have heard about most everything that has happened around the lake. I came from a big city where there was a lot of crime also. You need to be aware of your surroundings and watch your back all the time. I don't like these home invasions and these guys sounded like a bunch of amatuers at best

However I am perplexed with these so called "gated communities" that are too cheap to have a proper gate and 24/7 security given that the residents live in $250K+ houses. Whats another $100 per month or so on the maintenance fee? They aren't paying hardly anything for land taxes. Go figure.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:45 am

The Raquet Club has crappy security and it is not just a residential area. There are businesses in there...a number of restaurants and a spa which get deliveries and other random visitors. Security takes your license number going in but doesn't check it off going out. One little tiny piece of wood to stop a car or a truck simply doesn't cut it. And, I don't think there's any cameras nor do I know what the access on foot is like from the sides or above.
Raqueteer will set me straight if I'm wrong.
I'm sure people who live there would pay extra for security but I also think that the businesses would consider it a negative from their side.
JMHO.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 am

John

WHen I was a kid I came home at 5 or 6 am and I was not into drugs .I knew that 5 was the perfect time to come home as my parents were asleep...

What about the milk delivery guys who were kidnapped yesterday at 4pm in front of Torito. Do you think they were into drug as well? They could be but they could be innocent guys too. Not everyone is involved into drugs and lots of bad things are happening out there.

I feel for people who are victims or wintnesses to any of these events, their stress level is way up. They are traumatized by all these events and it is no way to live. These people are not involved in drugs and they are going through hell.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:08 am

Right on, Brigitte. The stress level in my neighborhood went off the scale when the lawyer was murdered in the next block. However (and this is not meant to minimize the situation), there was plenty of crime back in the states, practically on our doorsteps. Drugs were everywhere. The newly "beautified" Downtown turned into a dangerous place after dark. This was a first world country, a prosperous college town and the "bedroom" for Silicon Valley.

Times have changed since we were kids. Way changed.....everywhere.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:14 am

The best security I have seen so far is at Los Arroyos Sur (John is going to love this) and Vista Alegra. Los Arroyos doesn't have a 24/7 guard however they have only one way in or out with a huge, high, metal remote controlled gate. Vista Alegra doesn't have the same gate but has had a guard on duty anytime I have been in there. Let's face it, it doesn't cost that much to have these huge, strong, remote controlled gates installed and hire 24/7 security to man them. Can't the RC reduce the entry/exit points to one and limit access to the residential areas with similar gates and guards? With the number of residents in there you could hire a small army........no?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:26 am

Los Arroyos Sur is a fairly small community, set well back from the Carretera. One entry/ exit point.

Racquet Club is huge, with many entry points on the main drag and right across the street from a far less upscale (aka "poorer") community, with another near that. As mentioned, R.C. includes businesses requiring frequent deliveries.
Making it as secure as the other enclaves would probably require much more in administration as well as a large increase in HOA fees. Depends on whether if would be worth it to the residents, of course.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 am

If I had a high end house that will be greatly reduced in value given the current situation I can't imagine why the residents would be against paying more in HOA fees to lock it down tight.

How many residences are in the RC?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next