INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened at the Big Meeting today?

+19
gringal
raqueteer
juanrey
Mad_Max
David
CheenaGringo
canadiangirl
Solovino
larryc
CanuckBob
susan
simpsca
Mainecoons
brigitte
hound dog
viajero
MyHomeSweetHome
Intercasa
johninajijic
23 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What happened at the Big Meeting today? Empty What happened at the Big Meeting today?

Post by johninajijic Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:32 pm

What happened at the big meeting with the officials today at Real de Chapala?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

What happened at the Big Meeting today? Empty Re: What happened at the Big Meeting today?

Post by Intercasa Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:51 pm

Ask after the 4pm meeting happens perhaps at 5.30 or 6pm.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

What happened at the Big Meeting today? Empty twitter reports

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:12 pm

http://twitter.com/BereniceQuezada

http://a.yfrog.com/img686/9679/sx5pf.jpg

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What happened at the Big Meeting today? Empty Re: What happened at the Big Meeting today?

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:18 pm

Berenice states that there's no camera that can capture the presence/amount of people that are present, it's impressionable. She states that the retired people are using their voice, exercising their rights for security. The event started an hour ago, Mexican time. It was late in starting because the authorities had not arrived. (Mexican culture: those who are most important make an entrance & the later the entrance, the more important they are.)

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:25 pm

el_reportero David Agren per twitter:
Chapala expats propose paying higher property taxes (more than the current $200/year) to fix security and halt crime wave
16 minutes ago

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:36 pm

simpsca wrote:And where do I find Alice and the magic mushrooms? What happened at the Big Meeting today? 633732
Any cow pasture around here from late july to september or so I've heard,I don't know about Alice.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Deleted

Last edited by hound dog on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:00 pm

deleted by author

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:03 pm

@hound dog, what were they thinking! That's exactly what the government would want to hear, but w/all the corruption, it won't make things better. UGH!

Why didn't they ask for an English phone line at the police station???? or maybe they did? Still waiting for reports of what they asked for.

p.s. why did you delete your post???

Last edited by MyHomeSweetHome on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Couple of statistics from the meeting. MLS listings for sale have increased 19 percent in two days.

From Strom movers, moves in have decreased 37 percent, moves out have increased 30 percent.

Draw your own conclusions.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:25 pm

He was probably going to give me his mushroom supplier and thought better of it. Not willing to look through goat pastures - wouldn't know the shroom from a turd!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by susan Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 pm

thats why i dont go to these BS meetings. will there be a vote for the taxes? i wont pay. judging by the comments, you can thank linda fossi. now shes a crime stopper, her business will increase.

susan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : none

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Probably best to wait for detailed meeting minutes to be posted before jumping to conclusion or speculating on what may have or may not have been decided or discussed.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by larryc Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:48 pm

Well over 2,000 folks showed up! thats what happened
larryc
larryc
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.gringosinparadise.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:50 pm

That's a great turnout that will hopefully spur some long term improvements.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:52 pm

susan wrote:thats why i dont go to these BS meetings. will there be a vote for the taxes? i wont pay. judging by the comments, you can thank linda fossi. now shes a crime stopper, her business will increase.

Once again you demonstrate what a complete moron you are. The municipality cannot raise property taxes even if they wanted. There will be no vote on the matter. You, and many more of your equally ignorant brethren out to try learning something about how things work in this country.

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:52 pm

it's that bad...not one good report on TOB. most were embarrassed and insulted by the real estate ramblings the first hour. Even el presidente had to put the focus back on all the people & not on how important/valuable the expat community housing is. Said this wasn't about money. One maid was insulted as bus robberies have been taking place on her commute.

After introductions 6 suggestions were made, # 1 being boots on the ground, more cops, # 2 increased State police during the interim (until they can get more cops), then there was (can't remember the order) anonymous hotline & reward system, check points at various places in town, and another someone else can remember.

However when serious issues come upnfrom thks we need to address it, and one of my concerns about a hotline etc. is that it is easy for someone to report someone in the hope of claiming a reward, and I worry that with the increased pressure that we, the foreigners, put on the police, we do not want the wrong person charged, just to appease our section of the community.
Also, I am sick of hearing the attitude, that, " I bought a house here and eat in restauarants and that helps the local comunity". We know our property taxes are amazaingly low, and it does help that restaurant if you eat there but that is it. We do not pay any other taxes that go to help with policing etc.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 pm

brigitte wrote:deleted by author

Brigitte, I read both yours and hounddogs responses prior to being deleted and totaly agreed, why the deletion????

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Probably best to wait for detailed meeting minutes to be posted before jumping to conclusion or speculating on what may have or may not have been decided or discussed.

You disappoint me CB. "...detailed meeting minutes to be posted...." Posted where and by whom? Posted by whom with delineated resposibility for doing so honorable and with full disclosure? What proper authority actually sponsored this meeting and who appointed those people to speak for the community? Just what is that communiy and who appointed these minute keepers as chroniclers of full disclosure? I wasn´t there but I´ll bet that decisions made there were made in quicksand. Just remember, the harder you kick the faster you sink and suffocate.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:02 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
Probably best to wait for detailed meeting minutes to be posted before jumping to conclusion or speculating on what may have or may not have been decided or discussed.

CanuckBob, did you forget this is Mexico, and not Canada?

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:04 pm

canadiangirl wrote:CanuckBob wrote:

CanuckBob, did you forget this is Mexico, and not Canada?

lol! hola

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:06 pm

I'm sure it won't be the last time your disappointed dawg.......Weren't you supposed to be the minute taker?

What happened at the Big Meeting today? 851398
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:16 pm

hound dog wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Probably best to wait for detailed meeting minutes to be posted before jumping to conclusion or speculating on what may have or may not have been decided or discussed.

You disappoint me CB. "...detailed meeting minutes to be posted...." Posted where and by whom? Posted by whom with delineated resposibility for doing so honorable and with full disclosure? What proper authority actually sponsored this meeting and who appointed those people to speak for the community? Just what is that communiy and who appointed these minute keepers as chroniclers of full disclosure? I wasn´t there but I´ll bet that decisions made there were made in quicksand. Just remember, the harder you kick the faster you sink and suffocate.

bob, would you like to respond???

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:22 pm

So you think Mexicans are incapable of taking minutes or recording what occurred at a meeting?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:24 pm

It is a real tragedy that "Mr Know It All about Dealing with the Mayor and the rest of the Chapala Municipal Authorities" is in Cuba establishing a new political base with Castro!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next