INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA Notary

5 posters

Go down

USA Notary Empty USA Notary

Post by Elegante Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:35 pm

A couple of years ago we bumped in to a US notary who was visiting down here. Anyone know her and how to contact her?

Elegante

Humor : Wicked, Sarcastic, Ironical (Opposite of Wrinkly)

http://www.eleganteajijic.com

Back to top Go down

USA Notary Empty Re: USA Notary

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:19 pm

I think there are several people living here now that were notaries in the US, one whose husband posts frequently on this forum.
As far as, official capacity, I think you have to go to the US Consulate in Guad. It all depends on what the party that wants the notarizations will accept.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 am

Yes, the only legal US notarization will be from the US Consulate. However, you may legally use a Mexican Notario, and it must be accepted. We have done so for a US real estate sale, etc.
A regular US notary may not act outside of his US jurisdiction, and certainly not in a foreign country. It could be challenged, and you would be the culprit who might have voided his own signature.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 am

They specifically asked about a US Notary.
And what do you do if the entity requiring the notarization won´t accept a Mexican Notario Publico? Hire a lawyer, to fight a lawyer?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:52 am

I never worried about that, as it is covered by treaty, and the Mexican Notarios are specialized lawyers, appointed by the state for good reasons. Their seals are very impressive holographic art and I have never heard of one being refused; just lots of fear of refusal.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marrell Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Well this has come up before and there are indeed financial institutions which will not accept a Mexican Notario. I speak from personal experience. RV, you have commented on this before and several of us have replied from our own personal experience.

Marrell
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Could be that there are some institutions that don't know that they can accept a Notario. Has anyone ever dug up the details and informed them? I doubt it. Complaining is easier, I suppose. I just never asked, and never worried about it. I just did it.
It is not arguable. Make your own decisions.....or fly north, or go to Guadalajara for a consular notary. Why not?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:19 pm

San Bernardino county (Califorrnia) and others in our experience refused to accept a Mexican notary.  We mentioned the treaty and they said we don't care. We also were told in the same area that we would accept a Jalisco drivers license only if the license were not printed in Mexican. So we should spend thousands of dollars and sue them RV?

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Marrell wrote:Well this has come up before and there are indeed financial institutions which will not accept a Mexican Notario.  I speak from personal experience. RV, you have commented on this before and several  of us have replied from our own personal experience.

That´s what I thought, just saying they are supposed to because of a treaty doesn´t make it a reality.
If they (the entity in the US) refuse to accept a Mexican Notario Publico, what is your recourse other than hiring a lawyer to enforce the international treaty. Much simpler and easier, to go to the US Consulate.
Right is sometimes worthless without might.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 am

https://www.nationalnotary.org/

And the answer is use a mexican notary if they will accept it up north and they may not is our experience or go to the Consulate if they are open for such services.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Lady Otter Latté likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down