INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone know anything about the slaughter of the Morman women and kids?

+17
ferret
NoVaDamer
Intercasa
oncesubtle
Carry Bean
ComputerGuy
HoneyBee
ltollefs
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
brigitte
ElNido
Gamina
CanuckBob
addtocart
rcampbel
kipissippi
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone know anything about the slaughter of the Morman women and kids?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone know anything about the slaughter of the Morman women and kids?

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:37 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
Gamina wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:
Gamina wrote:Vendetta against the LeBarons in a long-standing feud between the family and the cartels.  The LeBarons have a long history of standing up to the cartels and meeting fire with fire.  They are not selling child brides, CB!  Where do you get this crap?  Or are you just anti-Mormon so throw this out there.  They are not affiliated with the Church in Salt Lake, the official church of the Mormons.
I saw the report in one of the news articles. I'll see if I can find it again. Where do you get your crap? And no I don't like Mormons either......

Saying you don't like Mormons is like saying you don't like black people.  Everyone bleeds red and wants the same things for their families.  We all belong to the family of Man.  Are you a bigot?
Yes, I am a bigot towards most religions and cults. You sound like a "Saturday morning" door knocker .....don't knock on my door.

I like your "cult" and would join anytime.   A cult that is bigoted against cults.
Mormons had a long history of saying they didn´t like black people.
Defending this LeBaron cult is really defending the indefensible.  They seem to have as many scores to settle amongst themselves as they do with the drug cartels.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about the slaughter of the Morman women and kids?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone know anything about the slaughter of the Morman women and kids?

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:52 pm

brigitte wrote:I call these people mormons because that is what the paper calls them. The Church of the Latter Saints has outlawed polygamy and these people are polygamists and therefore if mormons are excomunicated so it is like calling a Protestant "Catholic"   but in the whole picture they stemmed from the same chuch or belief and than separated...not that mportant in that story

There is no religion that is called "Mormon".  They are the LDS, or Latter Day Saints.
Mormon comes from the Book of Mormon,  their Western Hemisphere version of the Bible of the "lost tribe" that crossed the Atlantic thousands of years before Jesus Cristo.
It´s a great piece of fiction created in the early 1800´s that managed to create a "new" religion.  
Most LDS  members are pretty good people if you can just not let them talk religion, except this LeBaron clan, a splinter group but still believers in the Book of Mormon,  that seems to have a lot of dysfunctionals

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:01 pm

and lots of killing within the clan..

I sold wine tp the State in Utah when the State opened.. so I know many Mormons..Sellng wine there when they first allowed wine there was really interesting.. I learned a lot..The buyer was a young man , blond .blue eyes who was born in China and spoke fluent Chinese, he also was gay and drank wine..two no no´s..  He was a super nice young man and many of the people I met in Utaj  I worked with were very nice as well. We just agreed to never discuss religion.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:31 am

I'm not trying to defend the LeBarons. Only to bring some perspective to their history.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:44 am

Nothing brings people together quite like religion. All 4000 plus of them. A sincere question for believers: Which one is the true religion? No violence, please.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:56 am

The latest reports I heard on the radio say it was a case of mistaken identity. One cartel thought they were members of another cartel. I'm not buying that one......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 am

yes that is what they say, they wanted to control the road and mistook the large SUVs for an other gang´s car -- and when the woman got out of the car with her hands up , they still killed her.. what a bunch of animals.. kids are running away , a woman gets out and they are still shooting. Nice..
Hard to believe they can be that ruthless.. and the guy was caught with two hostages, who knows what that story is about..

I agree with you C Bob hard to buy that one..we wll never know what the real story is about.They will torture the guy until he says what they want him to say , will wrap ot up nicely and logically for the press and on to the next story...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:02 am

Yep and I can't understand why the press is making it all about being Mormon. If they were Catholics or Protestants would they say "9 Catholics massacred in Mexico"????

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:00 am

Its sad then when a couple of US citizen are slaughter by a cartel shit hits the fan but when thousand of Mexican are brutally murdered every year no one blinks an eye. Look at all the mass graves they keep discovering or the temperature controls trailers that where driving around Jalisco last year loaded with corps.

I suggest that once a week you all look at the website Borderland Beat to get a better idea of where this country is headed..

Bob, I agree with you 100 percent.

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:14 am

The most ironic thing is Trump has offered military assistance to Mexico yet watches (or offers "thoughts and prayers) as his own country has mass senseless shootings almost every week.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:29 am

There most definitely is a "Mormon" church. I did a quick Google; thousands of hits. Sure, they are LDS, but they call themselves Mormons. Just ask the Latter Day Saints Choir...
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:18 pm

HoneyBee wrote:Its sad then when a couple of US citizen are slaughter by a cartel shit hits the fan but when thousand of Mexican are brutally murdered every year no one blinks an eye. Look at all the mass graves they keep discovering or the temperature controls trailers that where driving around Jalisco last year loaded with corps.

I suggest that once a week you all look at the website Borderland Beat to get a better idea of where this country is headed..

Bob, I agree with you 100 percent.

It’s the small children and babies (6 month old twin babies included) burned alive that gets people upset. I hope I never get so used to this that I can dismiss it no matter what color skin the victims have. Or have to prove my street cred by acting like this is just another crime in Mexico. Not a big deal just because the victims were white.
Who gives a flying fuck what religion they were? Those babies had no choice about religion.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:22 pm

ltollefs wrote:Nothing brings people together quite like religion. A sincere question for believers: Which one is the true religion?

The true religion is Mormon, as proved by the good folks at South Park.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:There most definitely is a "Mormon" church. I did a quick Google; thousands of hits. Sure, they are LDS, but they call themselves Mormons. Just ask the Latter Day Saints Choir...

There is no such thing as a "Mormon" Church; there is a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who may be called "Mormon" but those who don't know any better. The choir is the now called the Tabernacle Choir.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Horse hockey. Every single page I found describing themselves refers to themselves as Mormons. And if you go to the Tabernacle Choir page, you will still see themselves describing themselves as Mormon and as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Political reasons caused them to shorten the name.

Only by people who don't know better? There are two things wrong with that statement. One, it's wrong. Two, it generalizes a whole lot of people in an effort to put them in a category that you assume is not as smart as you.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:31 pm

oncesubtle wrote:
ltollefs wrote:Nothing brings people together quite like religion. A sincere question for believers: Which one is the true religion?

How'd they do that? And most importantly, what did Chef have to say?
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:07 pm

ltollefs wrote:
oncesubtle wrote:

How'd they do that? And most importantly, what did Chef have to say?

How'd they do that? Easy, at an assemblage of many faiths in hell, one unidentified congregant asked the moderator, "Well, which religion is right?" To which the Devil replied "the Mormons." Of course, everyone else in the room let out a huge groan but accepted the fact. I don't remember seeing Chef but would imagine he would have something poignant to say.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:20 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Horse hockey. Every single page I found describing themselves refers to themselves as Mormons. And if you go to the Tabernacle Choir page, you will still see themselves describing themselves as Mormon and as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Political reasons caused them to shorten the name.

Only by people who don't know better? There are two things wrong with that statement. One, it's wrong. Two, it generalizes a whole lot of people in an effort to put them in a category that you assume is not as smart as you.

Mormon is not the accepted term any longer. The Church issued a directive that the Mormon name is not to be used. That is why the Tabernacle Choir changed their name from Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I'm not sure what "political" reasons the choir dropped the Mormon name. Of course, you think you are smarter than everyone about everything. Think again, buddy.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Good luck to the Mormons trying to ditch the name Mormon and get everyone to use Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then do they call themselves the Saints or are they the Latter-Days? They seem to have a branding problem. And, speaking of branding, why did “Mormon” fall out of favor with the Mormons?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:29 pm

Well every newspaper article and radio report is calling them a splinter group of Mormons so you should let them know too....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:32 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Good luck to the Mormons trying to ditch the name Mormon and get everyone to use Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then do they call themselves the Saints or are they the Latter-Days? They seem to have a branding problem. And, speaking of branding, why did “Mormon” fall out of favor with the Mormons?
Probably because the name Mormon conjures up thoughts of polygamy and child abuse. Yes, there are still those in the US and Canada (and apparently Mexico) following the "old ways".........

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/attack-on-mormon-family-leaves-9-dead-6-of-them-children/

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Mormon is a vernacular for members but has never been the name of the church.  LDS is the largest and there are several smaller groups that follow the Book of Mormon.  When Joseph Smith was assassinated, Brigham Young gained control of the LDS and Smith´s son started a new group called Reorganized Church of the Latter Day Saints or RLDS.
After polygamy was abolished in the LDS, several other splinter groups emerged. I have several REALLY close family members that are members of the RLDS, and even now they have changed the name of the church again.
But they all still believe in the THREE books…...The Bible, The Book of Mormon, and The Doctrine of Covenants.

Mormon never fell out of favor as a word, it was never the name of the church. Believers and followers of the Book of Mormon?....Yes!
Name of the church?…...Never!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:06 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Good luck to the Mormons trying to ditch the name Mormon and get everyone to use Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then do they call themselves the Saints or are they the Latter-Days? They seem to have a branding problem. And, speaking of branding, why did “Mormon” fall out of favor with the Mormons?

Computer Guy: Just ask the Latter Day Saints Choir--from the guy who knows everything. I don't know why the Mormon name is being discouraged. But it's why the choir changed their name to Tabernacle Choir. While the Warren Jeffs' group, a "splinter", certainly abused their children by marrying them at such a young age, I don't believe the LeBaron group is into such things. They originally went to Mexico because of the decree by the Prophet that polygamy was no longer to be practiced. They went to an area no one wanted and where Mexico's polygamy laws weren't enforced and made the desert bloom. The Mennonites did the same thing to escape religious prosecution and look how they flourished.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:07 pm

When I say I had close family in this mix, I´m talking about my mother who converted from Catholicism, an ex-wife, and an oldest daughter.
I know more about the religion than I ever wanted to know and I don´t buy into it at all.  I also know, no matter what the newspapers and tv says, there is no such thing at the "Mormon Church".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:17 pm

No excuse for lack of security and murder of women and children, their parents only crime was standing up to the cartels which Mexico cannot stop as they rule the country. Please don´t blame victims. All people have the right to live free from violence no matter what their skin color and beliefs. Crime is up all over and there seem to be no solutions. I would not lose any sleep if drones helped educate the most violent criminals.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:38 am

One LDS site on the internet said Mormon is a “nickname” for them. When I worked in the late 80s for a faith based interfaith social services agency the people from LDS referred to themselves as Mormons. Now, it is a pejorative?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next