INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cops Kill Kids

+3
brigitte
lotusflower
RichD
7 posters

Go down

Cops Kill Kids Empty Cops Kill Kids

Post by RichD Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Mexico City, January 15 - Three children aged four, eight and 10 were killed during a clash between state police and an alleged criminal group in the Lomas de San José neighborhood in San Miguel Of Allende, Guanajuato, where traffic on the road to Dolores Hidalgo was suspended for much of Saturday morning.

http://www.msn.com/es-mx/noticias/mexico/tres-ni%C3%B1os-de-4-8-y-10-a%C3%B1os-son-asesinados-en-san-miguel-en-balacera-donde-hubo-polic%C3%ADas/ar-AAlTV0n?li=AAggxAT&ocid=BHEA000
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cops Kill Kids Empty Re: Cops Kill Kids

Post by lotusflower Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Yes, a four hour shootout occurred just outside of San Miguel on Sunday night with Marines, federales and local municipal police against some unknown criminals, who incidentally got away "out the back".

The nightwatchman's children were killed (or more likely executed) and the nightwatchman himself was taken into custody. There are big protests over this in San Miguel.  The hearses with the bodies of the three children (4, 8 and 11) were driven to the prison and protestors demanded that the father be allowed to see them one last time.  And to add salt to the wound, the wife, who has lost her entire family has to also pay for the funeral.

Here is an account of what happened from the nightwatchman's wife:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=867400756695792&id=113917128710829

Here's another account of the wife speaking about what happened (if anyone knows any NA reporters, this would be a good story to tell north of border. This is what happens to Mexicans, particularly indigenous people on a daily basis here. In SMA it just got more notice):

https://www.facebook.com/NoticiasConValorSMA/?fref=ts

The human rights abuse here is astounding, and that they think they can get away with this:

http://kuali.com.mx/torturo-pgje-a-velador-no-mato-a-sus-3-hijos-abogado/

Vigil in the jardin over the killing of the children by the state (once again):

https://scontent.fmid1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16142639_1263743780368771_4768163943759137531_n.jpg?oh=4d3c672dee40bdca8850c971b64c99e5&oe=5908C4B1

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:39 pm

frankly it is hard to say what really happened. Why do you say the kids were " more likely executed?¨¨
None of the stories add up
One says the kids ran to the house where the father was the watchman, the other say the kids and wife were there.and on and on..
Facebook is biais as well so there is no objective story about what happened.. pretty common here..and we will never know what really happened..another common thing.

You cannot trust what the police says and you cannot trust what the gangs say..who knows if the watchman for the gang was a good guy or not.. typical..meanwhile 3 little kids are dead..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Unfortunately no one knows what the truth is, but thankfully there is a human rights lawyer involved in the case now. And it's pretty clear though that the nightwatchman didn't kill his own children and he shouldn't be in jail. There have been hundreds of people in the community marching over the fact that the father is in jail. They want him released. Whether the kids got caught in the cross-fire or were executed, we'll never know, since there was no autopsy done.

The wife's account about what happened is possibly closer to the truth. There are several videos of her testimony from multiple sources that have filmed her testimonial.

Unfortunately since journalists are killed here on a regular basis for reporting the truth that facebook group is the closest to "news" that we have.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:53 pm

It may be clear to you but you would be surprise how investigations go once you are in jail. I had a quick peek at it and believe me it is scary and I would not rely on HUman Rights either to do anything.. I have a friend who had a son in jail without cause for more tan 6 months and Human RIghts "were involved" the only thing that worked was paing off the judge despite the Federal judgement in favor of the son. The local judges can drag things as long as they wish and make things very difficult when they want to.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:31 pm

I know. This is so tragic. It really makes me angry. But the good thing is with the internet, it's harder to get away with this stuff today. I believe you about the human rights lawyer... It just really sucks when you're poor and indigenous here in Mexico. Actually, that human rights lawyer stepped in because the court appointed didn't show up for the hearing. There's a back story there, but I'll let you research that if you want to know.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Look how many human rights people, agencies, and international agencies have been involved in the Ayotzinapa case of the 43 missing students. They have found this government guilty, involved, and holding back information. Where has that got anyone? Nowhere. We still don't know what really happened to the kids or where their remains are. This government is Teflon, nothing sticks.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:34 pm

Does anyone think that the father of the children are culpable in their deaths? Why is the father incarcerated? Maybe because the cops do not like his obvious employer(s)?
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:04 pm

IMO, keep a low profile; stay away from the police/attorneys/courts.

I keep wondering what most lawyers really do? I have found that a Notorio can do most of what is needed and in most cases, things are better handled by appealing to the artistic appreciation of most Mexican officials by giving them pictures of dead presidents and heroes of Mexico.

Self-help is probably the best avenue.

My jaded opinion of course.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:36 pm

Notarios are appointed positions (privileged positions), but yes, I agree with you. Keep a low profile, but at the same time one needs keep in mind what really goes on here.

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:26 am

One of my favorite books on Mexico is God's Middle Finger by Richard Grant. He says: "First there is the event. Then there are the rumors and theories about what happened. Then comes the final stage. It never happened."

Great read.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:20 am

Since the father was the watchman for a house or building occupied by gangs he is suspect by association , so he is being detained, it is how t work in this country RichD.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:23 am

Cops hate kids and kids hate cops
Cops kill kids with warning shots
What is crime and what is not?
What is justice? I think I forgot

(Ice T)
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusflower Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:30 am

The father has confessed to the crime before a judge (he's been detained for weeks, btw.):

http://sincensura.cc/?p=1372

very depressing

lotusflower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down