INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I fall into a legal rabbit hole?

+4
Wide Sky
ohhappyday
CanuckBob
Problem Child
8 posters

Go down

Did I fall into a legal rabbit hole? Empty Did I fall into a legal rabbit hole?

Post by Problem Child Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:44 am

My wife wants to dog sit. She, as I, is a permanent resident. I want to do things right/legal.

So I call an attorney. Attorney says I/my wife can't just fill out forms for registering and paying state/federal taxes. We must hire an accountant at a hefty cost.

Bob? (or anyone else), is this true? My wife will never make the money to cover accountant costs.

Any alternatives.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Did I fall into a legal rabbit hole? Empty Re: Did I fall into a legal rabbit hole?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:00 am

Nope, Spencer has told me lots of times I could enter all my own information online (every month) and pay my own taxes (every two months).

Did he just happen to have a brother who was an accountant....lol?

BTW.....everything to register with the tax authorities is done online. You don't fill out forms......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Did I fall into a legal rabbit hole? Empty Re: Did I fall into a legal rabbit hole?

Post by Problem Child Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:13 pm

BBO,

I would send you a PM, but my last two never seemed to get to you.

I would like to buy you lunch/beer/tea, whatever when you can (and if you're willing).

I have wanted to ask you about your B&B; not that I would do one, but I thought about it 15 years ago, and maybe you ca give me some website URLs to do the tax papers.

Thanks.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:19 pm

https://gobiernoenlinea1.jalisco.gob.mx/estatales/Estatales?impuesto=CONTRIBUYENTEISH

https://rfs.siat.sat.gob.mx/PTSC/RFS/menu/

You have my e-mail address.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhappyday Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:11 pm

I'm willing to bet you are the only wanna be pet sitter in the area that has even given a thought to doing it legally. Pet sit, enjoy the few pesos that MIGHT bring, and forget the paperwork, attorneys, and accountants.

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:04 pm

ohhappyday wrote:I'm willing to bet you are the only wanna be pet sitter in the area that has even given a thought to doing it legally. Pet sit, enjoy the few pesos that MIGHT bring, and forget the paperwork, attorneys, and accountants.

I'm sure some of my fans here would love me to do that. Also, a website is a red flag for the gestapo.

It isn't going live for acceptance yet, but it does show up.

This will be it.

My wife gives lots of extras. They can watch TV w.us; sleep on the bed; etc.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wide Sky Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Didn't your previous partner (itzi) sell/knit dog clothes, tires wrapped in rope ... so this taxes thing is all new to you.

Wide Sky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:25 pm

We set people up in the tax system, give them a password and I have even prepared a filing manual in English with screenshots.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Intercasa wrote:We set people up in the tax system, give them a password and I have even prepared a filing manual in English with screenshots.  

And what would it cost me for the services?

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Phone him and ask! Every situation is unique.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Self employed set up, tax stuff, password, and immigration permission $4,300 pesos if you are permanente. All set to go never will need an accountant.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by ohhappyday Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:32 am

Why are you attempting to make your life so difficult, as well as expensive? Instead of paying an attorney and accountant for something you absolutely DO NOT need, pay your fracc dues so you're not on the list of morosos! Just an idea. Rolling Eyes

ohhappyday

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:35 am

Oh yes, I am going to do the tax papers myself; actually my wife will do it as her first language is Spanish, I just wanted to know what Spencer would charge me. Thanks for the information Spencer.

I was not on the morosos until I hand wrote my name on the bottom of the  list.

I have told the fracc several times, I will be the first in line to pay my back dues when, as I have asked for the last 2-3 years, the fracc takes some affirmative action to either collect from us morosos or change the By Laws to include interest on past due dues. The current and past BODs have refused to address the issue, so until they do, I'll let the $$ sit and correct6%  interest at MultiVa.

At the last AGM, why didn't the BOD put forward something to charge interest on past due amounts? It's perfectly legal.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

This is why I don’t live in a condominio or fracc. Rolling Eyes

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:27 am

Me too! But this is only one of the reasons.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 am

Me three. I would never buy in a place that had dues and a BOD. I don't always play well with others.....jaja.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am

When I lived in Vista del Lago, I had a 4,200 sq.ft. hours, three stories, swimming pool. view of the country club, gold course, lake, etc.

I quickly found it was run by the Good-old boys", who as an aside, for some reason, disliked Canadians.

As a business person, I saw incredible incompetence and inefficiency. I saw repairs being done and redone, and redone because it was being done wrong (you don't lay rebar directly on the ground; you don't patch a water tank on the outside), and when I talked about it, I was ignores.

I also don't work well with humans; I do great with dogs.

A fracc is a business and should be run like one. You don't put a retired dentist in charge of making decisions on maintenance, etc.

I probably said this before, but if not ----

When my little Privada needed a street light, I just put it in myself and hooked it to my house power. Didn't bother to ask the BOD. Same when I ordered rock for the otherwise mud "street" going to the back houses where I live.

In my next life, no Condo, Franc, BOD.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down