INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medical Marijuana and CBD Oil

+28
mattoleriver
CBDSAM
DaveP
CHILLIN
sampati
kipissippi
inthecolumbiagorge
Plan B
Kiri
Gamina
Gadost
RVGRINGO
Fastfox
sir
Nosnow
kiko
newinajijic
espíritu del lago
Zedinmexico
SuzieQ1954
Carry Bean
ferret
Ojalero
viajero
Chapalagringa
hockables
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
32 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Medical Marijuana and CBD Oil - Page 4 Empty Re: Medical Marijuana and CBD Oil

Post by Trailrunner Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:03 pm

So. A Mexican friend of mine just got back from walking the long peregrinación to Talpa. She has done it several times. This time she brought some oil to take at night before bed. She said normally she can barely walk in the morning when she gets up after the days hike but this time she woke up refreshed and pain-free from the first morning.

How cool is that.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:14 pm

I nominate Ferret to be the official doctor for Inside Lakeside. She knows more about this stuff than anyone I ever saw.

A question: my niece is a nurse practitioner at the Veterans Administration. Could she take CBD since it’s from hemp with no issues? She wouldn’t touch anything with THC because she gets tested and she would lose her license if any trace of marijuana.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:02 pm

Trailrunner wrote:So. A Mexican friend of mine just got back from walking the long peregrinación to Talpa. She has done it several times. This time she brought some oil to take at night before bed. She said normally she can barely walk in the morning when she gets up after the days hike but this time she woke up refreshed and pain-free from the first morning.

How cool is that.

If I get the same results they can make me the world ambassador for the oil............ Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:15 pm

Carry Bean wrote:
A question:  my niece is a nurse practitioner at the Veterans Administration.  Could she take CBD since it’s from hemp with no issues?  She wouldn’t touch anything with THC because she gets tested and she would lose her license if any trace of marijuana.

I know a young woman in California who was on high dose opioids for back issues. She has enough hardware in her back to set off a metal detector. Because of her high dose prescription, she was always tested before they would issue another prescription so she was very wary of using CBD from hemp. She is now taking it and has cut her prescription needs in half... and no problems with the testing. The CBD from hemp was recommended by a Doctor but, depending on where in the country your niece lives, imho, it would be wise to go that route unless she knows exactly what test is used and its sensitivity.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Gracias!

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 pm

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/cbd-oil-dosage

I got an e-mail from my friend in California who directed me to the above site. She is taking gummies for the pain. She weighs 145 lbs and " the amount I take is 20mg a day. Sometimes up to 40mg depending on how much pain I’m having." This is a photo of the gummies that she buys from Amazon.com

Medical Marijuana and CBD Oil - Page 4 Thumbn10

She also included this chart...

Medical Marijuana and CBD Oil - Page 4 Cbddos10

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:57 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:It's not the oil, it's just tincture made with alcohol.  Not the same at all.  But for someone who is in pain, it may help.  Very mild though I have to imagine.  I wonder if you cooked the tincture it'd make a drop or two of oil?  That's a thought but not worth it for a drop.

While the tincture product offered locally may be mild, tincture can be very very strong medicine indeed. The strength of the tincture is governed by the strength of the cannabis that is used and in what concentration. It can be made with CBD rich cannabis or THC rich cannabis and can deal effectively with a myriad of issues. This can be made by anyone with some everclear and a decent amount of cannabis.

Oil can be made many different ways but in the legalized states in the US it is usually a very concentrated product made either with butane or CO2. Cannabis can also be used to infuse cooking oils like coconut oil or olive oil in a home kitchen very easily. This infused oil is not as strong as the concentrates made with butane or CO2 but it is solvent free and many people prefer that. The infused oil can be cooked with or added to food easily and again can be made with CBD rich cannabis or THC rich cannabis.

inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 am

This investigation was supported in part by public donations to the University of New Mexico Medical Cannabis Research.

"In our study, CBD appears to have little effect at all, while THC generates measurable improvements in symptom relief. These findings justify the immediate de-scheduling of all types of cannabis, in addition to hemp, so that cannabis with THC can be more widely accessible for pharmaceutical use by the general public," said Vigil."

"The findings were based on the largest database of real-time measurements of the effects of cannabis in the United States, collected with the ReleafApp, developed by co-authors Franco Brockelman, Keenan Keeling and Branden Hall.
Since its release in 2016, the commercially developed ReleafApp has been the only publicly available, incentive-free app for educating patients on how their type of product (e.g., flower or concentrate), combustion method, cannabis subspecies (indica, sativa, and hybrid), and major cannabinoid contents (THC and CBD) affect their symptom severity levels, essentially providing invaluable user feedback on their health status, medication choices, and the clinical outcomes of those choices as measured by symptom relief and side effects."
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/02/190226112353.htm
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:14 am

Their study sucks. We started taking CBD and no longer need anything for joint pain. The pain in my hip joints that caused me to shuffle a few steps when I'd get up...is gone. Hal's dislocated shoulder (from a month ago..fell off the hay) occasionally flares if he does too much. BAD pain. The CBD cream calms it down in minutes.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:31 am

We grow a strain called Sour Tsunami at our legal cannabis growing operation in WA state that has less than 1% THC and about 18%-20% CBD. I make tincture out of it with everclear that is very strong. The alcohol strips the cannabinoids from the plant material and tincture can be very concentrated. I use it for pain from arthritis and 3 herniated discs. Keeps me off of ibuprofen for the most part. One of my daughters uses it for her anxiety. My other daughter uses it for her severe menstrual pain. My grandson who is only 2 years old has pretty severe ulcerative colitis and we make high cbd oil with avocado oil for him and this has made an incredible difference for him. He no longer has to take any prescription drugs and he was on quite a few that taken long term can have many serious side effects:/ Cannabis is one of the best treatments for Chrohn's disease and many inflammatory bowel issues. We have grown 6 different CBD strains and the Sour Tsunami strain has worked the best for us.

We also grow high THC strains and in my own personal experience products with THC work best for assistance with sleeping.

If/when legalization comes to Mexico in whatever form that takes hopefully we will be able to grow for our own personal use. It is simple to process these products into easily usable concentrations and the cost is next to nothing to do it yourself.
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:52 am

Wow, ITCG, great post. Thanks. Excellent for your family.

Question - for people with inflammatory bowel diseases, celiac, does one take it prophylactically, like daily, or when one is symptomatic?

This is going to work for you, CB!

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:06 am

Those that I know that take it for inflammatory bowel disease take it daily as maintenance. My grandson is on a low carb diet so diet is still critical but his dad has been symptom free from his Chrohns since about a week or two after he started his treatment on cannabis. My grandson was hospitalized with his ulcerative colitis, started on heavy steroids and other prescription meds. He only took one month of those, started on the cbd treatment and has been symptom free since then. He still gets blood work done to make sure the inflammation is held at bay and so far so good. I believe that it is the diet and the CBD treatment that is helping him.

I am happy to share any knowledge I have on these issues. I am not a Dr. but I was an RN and the obvious relief so many people have cannot be denied.

Some people have good results from cbd products from hemp but those results are usually more pronounced with products from cannabis because it is the interaction of the various cannabinoids that really have the most benefit and they are in higher concentration in cannabis than hemp.
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:24 am

[quote="Trailrunner"]I know only 2 doctors here that have an interest and believe.

How about this question. . .does anyone know of a medical cannabis clinic, either here or on the west coast of the US, where a woman who lives here could go to get treated with cannabis for her cancer? A real clinic with real doctors etc.   Asking for an acquaintance, not for me.
/quote]

I will see if I can refer you to someone! Give me a day or two:-)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:29 am

I agree. Yes, diet is all-important for everything. Thanks for your valuable experience.

Not hard to see why governments are fighting tooth and nail to protect their pharmaceutical industries. I'm so happy cannabis knowledge is becoming so widespread.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:23 pm

I thought I would put this out there for anyone interested. Making oil is easy using pure alcohol (I don't think you can get the brand Everclear here) for extraction. But, it's really smelly, can be dangerous and wastes a lot of good alcohol. My stepson bought one of these for small batch use.

https://extractcrafter.com/2017/09/12/understanding-the-source-turbo-by-extractcraft/

https://www.portlandmercury.com/the-weed-issue-2018/2018/04/18/19823694/come-to-the-source

http://www.extractcraft.com/

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Yes, you can get everclear here. My buddy simmers it in a coffee maker until all the alcohol has evaporated.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:38 pm

Do you know where your buddy is buying it please?

BTW, genius use of the coffee maker! Is he using a small pyrex bowl for the simmer so he can easily remove the end product?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiko Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yes, you can get everclear here. My buddy simmers it in a coffee maker until all the alcohol has evaporated.
Next time I go to a coffee shop I will ask for a Cappucinno Mota.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:23 pm

inthecolumbiagorge wrote:Those that I know that take it for inflammatory bowel disease take it daily as maintenance. My grandson is on a low carb diet so diet is still critical but his dad has been symptom free from his Chrohns since about a week or two after he started his treatment on cannabis. My grandson was hospitalized with his ulcerative colitis, started on heavy steroids and other prescription meds. He only took one month of those, started on the cbd treatment and has been symptom free since then. He still gets blood work done to make sure the inflammation is held at bay and so far so good. I believe that it is the diet and the CBD treatment that is helping him.

I am happy to share any knowledge I have on these issues. I am not a Dr. but I was an RN and the obvious relief so many people have cannot be denied.

Some people have good results from cbd products from hemp but those results are usually more pronounced with products from cannabis because it is the interaction of the various cannabinoids that really have the most benefit and they are in higher concentration in cannabis than hemp.

My Mom grew up in White Salmon...LOVE the Gorge.   I have family scattered from Goldendale to Portland.

I don't know if you'd tried it on your grandson...but pasteurization has really played hell with the health of the nation's children.  Have you tried giving your grandbaby raw goats milk?  Until I bought a milk goat I thought goat milk would taste funny.  But I found out that fresh, raw goat milk is delicious.  Tastes like cow's milk.  At least my Alpine's does... and it's soooo good for the digestive system.  Anything from the store is going to be tinkered with.  The real deal come's from the person milking the goat.

Thanks for all the info.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:54 pm

We do give him fresh unpasteurized goats milk:-) We have lived in Maryhill for 12 years and our cannabis farm is in Dallesport so right there in the Hood:-)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:06 pm

inthecolumbiagorge wrote:We do give him fresh unpasteurized goats milk:-) We have lived in Maryhill for 12 years and our cannabis farm is in Dallesport so right there in the Hood:-)

Fantastic!!! It's so hard to get people's minds around not putting all that chemical crap into our children. Like with pot... the government screwed us royally when they made everyone afraid of it. I'm a huge believer in raw milk.

Dallesport? LOL!! My cousin Judy lives in Dallesport! Another cousin lives in the Dalles. I had no idea there were growers there!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by inthecolumbiagorge Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:57 pm

We were the 10th license issues in the state and the first one in the Gorge:-) We grow totally organically, indoors and outdoors and no pesticides EVER. It has been a very interesting experience to be sure. I do have to say that I am absolutely grateful to be able to get out of the industry here though:/ I have worked for 5 years 14 plus hours every day, 7 days a week and I have, swear to god, not made a single penny. Not one paycheck:/ We are fairly successful in the realm of legal cannabis here too but there is no money for the farmers.......go figure......like farmers everywhere I guess:/

I have learned an incredible amount however and am a staunch supporter of legalization regardless of not making a penny working so hard. Even though the system here is excruciating for the growers, it is good for the consumer and the ability to have cannabis legally is such a benefit to the citizens of all the states that have legalized!

Really hoping for at least a system that allows us to grow a plant or two in Mexico:-)
inthecolumbiagorge
inthecolumbiagorge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:44 am

ferret wrote:Do you know where your buddy is buying it please?

BTW, genius use of the coffee maker! Is he using a small pyrex bowl for the simmer so he can easily remove the end product?

Nope he just uses the coffee pot. I think he gets the everclear at Paz but I'll double check.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:03 pm

Ok, I checked again and he uses pure cane alcohol (90%) which he get from the liquor store at the Ajijic plaza.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanks CBob
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Okay. I am posting this for people who have COPD. I have a friend here who suffers from it and I've been bugging him for ages to try the concentrated THC oil. Finally, he asked his GP and his GP said that he knew of others with COPD that had benefited.
This guy is stubborn and was whining about the taste. I showed him how to apply it sublingually and his wife was applying it for him. Anyway, to make a long story short, he visited his Pulmonologist yesterday who is over the moon with his improvement and his oxygen levels... and it's only been three weeks. The guy whined about the taste and the Pulmonologist said "So what. Keep taking it".
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next