INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala

4 posters

Go down

Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala Empty Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:20 pm

I was reading on TOB that there was a serious accident on the main drag in Chapala that had claimed one life. This is what was posted:

I was there and a lady by the name of Gillian passed away. Don't know the fact exactly all I know is that the lady driving the vehicle was actually their friend. One person was taken to the hospital and Gillian passed. Body was taken to Ocotlan to await for family members to claim her body. Sad news and it was also sad to see her friend just in shock with what had happen. All I know is that she help Anita's animals alot. Our hearts go to her family.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala Empty Re: Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala

Post by Carry Bean Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:49 pm

Too sad. I wonder how it happened? I really dislike driving on that street with the cars backing up from diagonal parking spots & all the double parking. I gathered this happened on the main drag going north & south but wasn't too clear exactly where or how.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala Empty tragic accident

Post by elgringo Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:21 am

I was there and from what I could tell it looked like the driver was pulling into a parking space in front of a store and hit the gas instead of the brake and hit the van in the parking spot next to hers then jumped the curb and ran up on the sidewalk.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala Empty Re: Serious Motor Vehicle accident in Chapala

Post by oncesubtle Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 am

John Garrett, the gentleman who was pinned under the car, is a resident in one of our apartments and told me the following yesterday morning.

A group of 10 bridge playing friends met Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at La Officina on Chapala's main drag for their weekly get together dinner. At about 7 p.m. they left the restaurant. John and his wife walked down the street with a couple of ladies to their car and noticed a vehicle had parked too close to open the drivers side door. The friend of the driver, a more nimble and spry lady, offered to crawl over the center console and back the car up so the owner of the vehicle could get in and drive them home. As the story goes she put the car in reverse, the gas peddle stuck and the car screeched out of the parking space demolishing a nearby park bench and crashing into a tree with wheels still spinning. Apparently the woman panicked, accidentally putting the car into drive and the car sped forward back into the parking space running over her friend and John. The lady was dead at the scene and John was transported to Cruz Roja for x-rays and a lot of bandaging.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 am

Just terrible. The dead lady was a little tiny thing & so sweet.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down