INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible Accident carratera a chapala/libramiento

+7
seisdedos
CHILLIN
Ms.Thang
torre
rs6000
Dr. Sam Thelin
MyHomeSweetHome
11 posters

Go down

Terrible Accident carratera a chapala/libramiento    Empty Terrible Accident carratera a chapala/libramiento

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:57 pm

The weirdest sounding siren passed by moments ago going into Chapala...didn't make sense that it'd be firefighters...can see tons of emergency vehicle lights near the gas station. Hope it wasn't another deadly accident from a drunk driver. Twitter shows no passing to Guadalajara from Chapala. :(

https://twitter.com/nenatora/status/318572140687392769/photo/1

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Terrible Accident carratera a chapala/libramiento    Empty Re: Terrible Accident carratera a chapala/libramiento

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:18 pm

MyHomeSweetHome wrote:The weirdest sounding siren passed by moments ago going into Chapala...didn't make sense that it'd be firefighters...can see tons of emergency vehicle lights near the gas station. Hope it wasn't another deadly accident from a drunk driver. Twitter shows no passing to Guadalajara from Chapala. :(

https://twitter.com/nenatora/status/318572140687392769/photo/1

It is a very loud mechanical siren that is mounted to the rescue truck that has the hydraulic tools to untrap victims. Not sure about alcohol-related.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Terrible Accident carratera a chapala/libramiento    Empty Re: Terrible Accident carratera a chapala/libramiento

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:22 pm

creepy sounding...will be praying for the victims and people helping them, breaks my heart. Cars passing now, able to leave.

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rs6000 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:52 am

I was driving from chapala to Guad, highway was blocked, had to go through the old road between Chapala and Chapala Haciendas .
My wife called the police and they said there had been a deadly car accident .

rs6000

Back to top Go down

Post by torre Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:43 am

Any more news about this?

torre

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 am

What is with the wrecked car being displayed on the libramiento next to black coffee. I just caught a glimpse of it and couldn't read the sign on it but I think it said something -----family. Is it like a public service warning about DUI or something?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 am

You see these wrecks all over the place. I think of them as roadside magnets for drunk drivers!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:43 am

Ms.Thang wrote:What is with the wrecked car being displayed on the libramiento next to black coffee. I just caught a glimpse of it and couldn't read the sign on it but I think it said something -----family. Is it like a public service warning about DUI or something?

I haven't seen the one you speak of but the PFP usually displays these during Semana Santa on highways throughout the country as warnings to drivers.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:56 am

Yeah, it's to discourage unsafe driving. They had a wrecked car set up there over the Christmas holidays, too.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:51 pm

There was also a sign about drinking and driving attached to each one.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by LaChula Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:15 pm

torre wrote:Any more news about this?

Yesterday, Sunday, there was a funeral procession going to the Ajijic cemetery. A woman was run over and killed near the Telmex office, I was told.

LaChula
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:20 pm

I was told about it also ("in front of El Torito", I heard....but that's more or less the same place). Happened Friday. A car stopped to let her cross the street but then someone from behind passed on the right and ran into her. Horrible.

Be careful crossing the carretera.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:15 am

I have no problem at all when people stop to let someone or a car pass. But It really irks me when they make that decision in a split second and slam on their brakes to do so, never thinking of the people behind them that are trying to avoid getting rear ended.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by torre Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:22 am

elgringo wrote:I have no problem at all when people stop to let someone or a car pass. But It really irks me when they make that decision in a split second and slam on their brakes to do so, never thinking of the people behind them that are trying to avoid getting rear ended.

Stay off the roads my friend. Passing on the right is not legal.

torre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down