INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer...

+10
Pedro
viajero
artesialulu
Flamingo
Clueless
JayBear
easylife
RVGRINGO
gringal
elevator
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer...

Post by elevator Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:46 pm

We have been here six months living near the lake in san Antonio. We've been very happy with our first house to get acclimated to the area. It is secure, peaceful, convenient and comfortable. However, we knew we would be wanting something larger at some point to bring down some furniture, personal items and to have room for guests and entertaining.

We have an opportunity for a longterm rental in Brisas de Chapala. It is everything we were hoping to find when we decided to move down. I would enjoy hearing any informed comments about the security situation in Brisas. We know a family from there was killed a few years back, but not on the property.

Thanks

elevator
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty Re: Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer...

Post by gringal Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:00 pm

I wish you luck, but in my memory, violence has happened in just about every neighborhood. It's happened in very upscale areas like La Floresta as well as on one of the better streets in Ajijic Centro. If security is a top priority, I would recommend one of the smaller, seriously gated communities.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty I imagine security is the top priority for anyone, but I'm also realistic about it.

Post by elevator Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:18 pm

I've been robbed in Atlanta and stuff happens everywhere, but was wondering particularly about that area. One should always learn what they can.

Thanks

elevator
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty Re: Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer...

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:36 pm

We always live, in Ajijic and in Chapala, on a normal street with Mexican neighbors. I feel that communities, gated or not, that are concentrations of expats and weekending tapatios are most attractive to the bad guys. We never had any attempts at entry, etc. Neighbors look after one another and also take care to get rid of the bad guys from time to time.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by easylife Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 pm

It is a remote area. If you are talking about guests coming and leaving late, or the reverse, you/they will be exposed to a possible criminal element.

easylife

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:25 pm

Beautiful place, but you can't exactly walk to the store.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Almost everything said above is on point.

Take reasonable precautions, don't flaunt "wealth," use common sense, etc.

I have been here 10-years, 7 in Vista Del Lago (Upscale gated, security guard at gate) and 3 years in Chapala Haciendas.

No burglary, robbery problems at all. Our house is I would say, lower middle-class style; well lit, unobtrusive security cameras (I like toys), decorative bars and nothing to indicate anything worth much inside.

Go for Broke.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty Thanks for the replies....

Post by elevator Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:39 pm

We have two cars and don't care about walking to stores. Sorriano is five minutes away. There are many full time Mexicans families living there and from what I have heard from some others folks look out for each other. I got from the front door of the rental and walked in the front door of Total Body to get my massage in downtown Ajijic in 17 minutes the other day....not exactly remote. If you've live in Atlanta for many years that is around the corner.

elevator
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:58 pm

easylife wrote:It is a remote area.  If you are talking about guests coming and leaving late, or the reverse, you/they will be exposed to a possible criminal element.
I have lived in Brisias, Roca Azul and Chapala Haciendas. Hardly remote and unless your drive includes a stop at a sleazy bar in Guadalajara, not much of a criminal element
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty LOL Flamingo. The wife only allows me to frequent sleazy bars rarely....

Post by elevator Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:00 am

and Beer Beer I would choose one in Chapala, rater than Guad.

elevator
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 am

Go for it. It seems that you had already made up your mind before you asked for our opinions. scratch

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artesialulu Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:35 am

I see no red light to the area in question. Life is adventure and assumes some element of risk. Make sure the perimeter is secure like having barred windows and doors. I would not hesitate to live there and, if the yard is fenced, a big old ugly dog would be a good idea.
artesialulu
artesialulu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:38 am

elevator wrote:We have two cars and don't care about walking to stores. Sorriano is five minutes away.  
"Sorriano"?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 am

Usually we know what we want long before we know that we know. Very Happy Sometimes people only think they are undecided. Then they notice their replies to other people's objections and realize what they really want.
It is good for people to bring up what they consider negatives when asked for an opinion. It offers the opportunity for the questioner to consider all the things mentioned. Sometimes the objections are either based on false assumptions or not of concern to him.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:22 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Usually we know what we want long before we know that we know. Very Happy Sometimes people only think they are undecided. Then they notice their replies to other people's objections and realize what they really want.
It is good for people to bring up what they consider negatives when asked for an opinion. It offers the opportunity for the questioner to consider all the things mentioned. Sometimes the objections are either based on false assumptions or not of concern to him.

Bingo, Lady O.  Sounds like the area will suit his desires very well.  The suggestions made were good ones, like having good security precautions.  I'd say a "big old ugly dog" might not be as desirable as a "good-looking healthy young well trained guard dog or two", but let us not quibble. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:43 am

i have a mexican friend who owns 2 houses there, right near the entrance, and he has owned them for many years.
you must be in great shape if you plan on walking back uphill with a load of groceries from soriana. not just the carretera but that nice hill inside brisas.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:51 am

Pedro wrote:i have a mexican friend who owns 2 houses there, right near the entrance, and he has owned them for many years.
you must be in great shape if you plan on walking back uphill with a load of groceries from soriana. not just the carretera  but that nice hill inside brisas.

Pedro, it really helps to read the posts before answering, to wit:

(Elevator) "We have two cars and don't care about walking to stores. Sorriano is five minutes away. "
Suspect

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:56 pm

gringal wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Usually we know what we want long before we know that we know. Very Happy Sometimes people only think they are undecided. Then they notice their replies to other people's objections and realize what they really want.

Bingo, Lady O.  Sounds like the area will suit his desires very well.  The suggestions made were good ones, like having good security precautions.  I'd say a "big old ugly dog" might not be as desirable as a "good-looking healthy young well trained guard dog or two", but let us not quibble. Very Happy

You two are so rational and logical AND observant as compared to Pedro that it makes me wanna go back to bed......which I think I will do.    lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:13 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

You two are so rational and logical AND observant as compared to Pedro that it makes me wanna go back to bed......which I think I will do.    lol!

Why, thank you. Very Happy
Now, have a nice nap on a warm Sunday.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty WE have two terriers and while not large are tough and aware. Not to mention three

Post by elevator Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:21 pm

really vicious kitties.

Thanks for all the replies and yes we wanted to hear good things, but also wanted to hear about any legitimate security issues.

elevator
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 2mexicos Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:30 am

We rented in the Brisas for a year. Loved it! Beautiful lake and mountain
views. Friendly helpful neighbors ( a very nice mixture of American/Canadians-
Mexican families. The security issues were not a problem for us- we had
lovely bars on every window) but neighbors watch out for each other- they
know what or whose car belongs. We would have purchased a home there
but they did not allow goats and a pig- so , uhhh, we found ourselves a
bit further out, ie Aqua Esocondida. You will find it really is not that remote-
easy access to Chapala or Ajijic. It certainly fit our lifestyle- I understand
they now have a manned security 24 hours a day. One must stop at the
entrance to gain access to the Brisas. We also found the utilities/ internet
were consistent, even during the rainy season. If you would like to know
anything else about the fracc. please feel free to pm me. We loved it there
and still find ourselves driving through it , just for the great memories.

2mexicos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Looking for input and solid information anyone can offer... Empty Thanks 2Mexicos, those are wonderful things to hear because we truly love the house

Post by elevator Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:50 am

we will be living in. As I said above, if you have lived in Atlanta for years where every trip is a traffic cluster, this will be like living in Mayberry.

elevator
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:25 am

"I wonder if some people are big enough to apologize"
-- Pedro posted on April 10, 2015

I wonder too.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:09 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"I wonder if some people are big enough to apologize"
-- Pedro posted on April 10, 2015

I wonder too.
wrong thread for this quote
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:40 pm

There wasn't anyone murdered in Brisas de Chapala in the past few years that I'm aware of.  There was an incident at the motel called Chapala Haciendas(not the fracc) which is down the road from the neighborhoods nextdoor to the gas station.   When Brisas had their problems, they happened before the security booth was being manned.  The houses that were robbed were easy to walk into from the street, nothing obstructing an intruder, not even a wall in one case and the homeowner wasn't deterred from living there  or interested in making many changes after the home invasion.  I wasn't interested in being robbed myself so we added security to our home, never had a problem in over 5 years while other homes that are easy to get into continue to have problems across across the board.  Never seen a home yet that was hit that wasn't easy to get into or didn't have a flimsy door lock.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next