INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health Insurance for those 70 or older

+6
GBATRUCKS
CanuckBob
jschl453
martygraw
balymena
simpsca
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Health Insurance for those 70 or older - Page 2 Empty Re: Health Insurance for those 70 or older

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 pm

We will not be giving up our residency however BC Medical only allows 6 months per year that you can be away. Although as I stated above you can apply for a 2 year out of country exemption every 5 years.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Health Insurance for those 70 or older - Page 2 Empty Re: Health Insurance for those 70 or older

Post by David Mon May 23, 2011 10:04 pm

And you have only to pay what, 35% tax on your retirement income? You might want to do the numbers, high quality private health insurance here won't cost you that much.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by jschl453 Tue May 24, 2011 2:21 am

I am trying to compare whether to go with someone like IMG, which would cost us as a couple about $275 USD per month, or through a private health insueance plan with someone like Edgar or Jesus. Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate of what these plans cost through the agents, for sake of comparison?

Thanks.

jschl453

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 am

I have never heard of IMG - the reputation and if they pay claims is the most important thing to find out. If you read on another thread we have a chat board member who had a problem with Allianz - paid a lot of money and now won't pay their claim.

I am 64 and have been with Seguros Monterrey New York Life for 11 years with Edgar (he does represent other insurers). I pay $230 per month (but I pay one lump sun annually. My deductible recently increased to approximately $800 US plus 10% co-insurance. I have had 3 surgeries and 1 pneumonia hospital stays and all were covered by New York Live - I only paid the deductible on leaving the hospital. The deductible is lowered if you go to an in network hospital like San Javier which is a top notch hospital. Premiums are based on your age and they do go up every year.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue May 24, 2011 9:25 am

Geez; I was posting about health insurance in the General Discussion Forum for any of you seeking another perspective.

I did like CB´s idea of just flying to The Frozen Tundra and keeling over at the airport if I´m ever denied coverage in Mexico or the U.S. I´ll claim I´m his cousin from Nova Scotia but lost my passport.

Last edited by hound dog on Tue May 24, 2011 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by jschl453 Tue May 24, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks so much Simpsca! This is the type of information I was seeking to compare.
I agree that it makes sense to go with an agent like Edgar or Jesus for both health and auto. Might also look at IMSS as well with my FM 3 status.

I also like your banking advice ( B of A and Santender alliance) to provide me some peace of mind.

jschl453

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue May 24, 2011 11:18 am

Best idea is to get quotes from both Edgar and Tejeda (I hear Tejeda is good) but Edgar was the only one selling health insurance lakeside when I moved here 12 years ago. And it increases their motivation if you tell them you are getting quotes from another agent.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by jschl453 Tue May 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks Simpsca. Edgar emailed me back this afternoon.

jschl453

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 pm

To be quite honest Jesus Tejeda is the finest we have ever dealt with. While on vacation, in Chili, I came down with a very rare disease and needed to return to Mexico. Because we were new to this area we didn’t know many others and the friends we did know were actually with us. Jesus stepped up to the plate big time! Meet us at the airport, arranged for an ambulance to get me to the hospital and in retrospect probably saved my life. It’s a long flight and by the grace of God and everything running smoothly things worked out. I was in septic shock by the time I arrived. And timing, I believe, was what made the difference.

But it doesn’t end there. The insurance company (AXA) has paid over $ 120K US dollars and it still continues. And Jesus is always there to help us. It’s been a year and half. If insurance people won medals for serving beyond the call of duty, Jesus Tejeda, would deserve, in my opinion, a purple heart.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by wilsonjohn Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:31 am

Thanks for sharing the post...

wilsonjohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2