INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EL JARDIN de NINETTE Restaurant Review

3 posters

Go down

EL JARDIN de NINETTE Restaurant Review Empty EL JARDIN de NINETTE Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:17 am

Sunday night January 2, four of us dined at El Jardin de Ninette restaurant. The owner has a tall propane gas heater to keep you warm. They give you a free Mint drink made with mint and crushed ice. Seconds are charged for. The waiter brought fresh bread to the table and plates of olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping. The soup of the day was Vichyssoise and there were 3 specials that night.

My friends ordered a bottle of Bordeaux wine, not sure of the name. It was $ 300. pesos.

Three of us ordered the Vichyssoise soup first. It was delicious. Two of us ordered the Lamb which was served over mashed potato with a very dark gravy. They know their Lamb and order it often. They said it was excellent. We ordered the Shrimp with Prosciutto over Seasonal fruits. There are 3 shewers of shrimp with 3 shrimp per skewer, prosciutto and apple on the skewer. All nicely presented over a medley of red peppers, zuchinni, carrot and onion.

As usual all the food was excellent. We highly recommend El Jardin de Ninette restaurant.

EL JARDIN de NINETTE
Constitucion # 57
Tel: 766 4905
Closed Monday
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

EL JARDIN de NINETTE Restaurant Review Empty Re: EL JARDIN de NINETTE Restaurant Review

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:16 pm

How much did they charge for the lamb??
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

EL JARDIN de NINETTE Restaurant Review Empty Re: EL JARDIN de NINETTE Restaurant Review

Post by johninajijic Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 pm

CanuckBob wrote:How much did they charge for the lamb??

Sorry, I don't know because someone took us out to Dinner, but Oscar's prices are excellent as is his food.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:54 pm

I made the mistake of ordering the rack of lamb at the Ajijic steakhouse. It was the daily special and didn't have a price beside it. I received the bill and it was 320 pesos. It wasn't even that good. Guess I should have asked.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Lamb is always expensive here and often not very good. Hole-in-One has good good lamb.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:08 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I made the mistake of ordering the rack of lamb at the Ajijic steakhouse. It was the daily special and didn't have a price beside it. I received the bill and it was 320 pesos. It wasn't even that good. Guess I should have asked.......

Canuckbob - Was that at Hacienda Ajijic? Our Dinner group goes there and people order the Lamb Arrachara and like it. My friends who order Lamb a lot, here and in Toronto say that Ajijic Tango has the best Lamb.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:12 pm

Yes it was the Hacienda Ajijic. Lamb Arrachara sounds interesting.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down