INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions

+7
slainte39
Intercasa
David
CheenaGringo
Pedro
Rosa Venus
Fastfox
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions Empty Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions

Post by Fastfox Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:38 pm

This information may be available on this site, however, I don't see it.  

I am searching for current and complete information on this site (or a good source, link) showing all the different type of Visas, procedures for applying for them, fees, etc.  Seems a lot of others would need this information as well.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions Empty Re: Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Well, you're asking for a lot, so this would be your best bet.

Instituto Nacional de Migración
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions Empty Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions

Post by Fastfox Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks for responding. I should have specified I needed it in English. The pages do have a link to change to English, however, when you click it, it goes back to the main page.

Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions Empty Re: Accurate & Current Visa Information & Instructions

Post by Pedro Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:08 pm

Fastfox wrote:This information may be available on this site, however, I don't see it.  

I am searching for current and complete information on this site (or a good source, link) showing all the different type of Visas, procedures for applying for them, fees, etc.  Seems a lot of others would need this information as well.
why not bite the bullet and see a lawyer like spencer mcmullen.some of us actually don't mind paying for information and you have asked for a lot of it. if you search on here you will find lots of freebees from spencer,in any event.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Good luck with your search Fastfox! I thought maybe Chapala Law might have what you are looking for on his site but nada. The reality is that like so many things in Mexico, inconsistency is the word of the day and the procedures and policies have been in a constant state of flux since November of 2012 when the new law went into effect.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:20 pm

I may have to contact the Mexican Consulate here. Hopefully, they will provide good information. When I called them earlier, I was given the web site, however, also all in Spanish.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:41 pm

Go to: www.rollybrook.com and you'll find what you need and much more.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:46 pm

David:
I thought the same but apparently Rolly's eyesight issues prevented him from updating his INM info?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:25 pm

I need to update my site but they keep changing the interpretation of things and everybody's situation is a bit different and some people would print out my web site and show it to immigration trying to force them to comply with what I wrote even after they changed certain policies!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Intercasa wrote:I need to update my site but they keep changing the interpretation of things and everybody's situation is a bit different and some people would print out my web site and show it to immigration trying to force them to comply with what I wrote even after they changed certain policies!
I doubt INM would be forced to do anything because of a print out of your web site.  How would an applicant manifest that force to anything, that is not policy, that would not be laughable.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 pm

How many different policies have you seen expressed coming out of the Mexican Consulates around the US? The forums are full of variations and different interpretations and then when you get to the indivdual INM offices, the inconsistencies increase geometriclally. Then you get the amateur wannabe experts?????

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 pm

The Consulates have NEVER been consistent and likely never will. Each is an island of independent interpretation of the laws.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Fastfox, you're a new member of this website as far as I can tell, so first of all....WELCOME!

The topic you're asking about is very complicated, made more so recently by new Immigration Laws that Mexico has started to implement. And not much goes smoothly here.

So you're more likely to have success getting your questions answered if they are more specific than your original request. Describe your current situation (to the degree you're comfortable with), what your goals and plans are for moving here, etc., and then take it from there. Then people might be able to advise you on what type of visa to apply for.

For example.....are you moving here full-time, or only for six months out of the year? Do you have a family? Where do you stand on the new, higher threshold that Mexico has set for resident visas, either temporal or permanente. (Temporary-up to four (?) years, or Permanent.) Etc.

Your question was just too big. There currently is no "Immigration Made Simple" website or FAQ. Good luck!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. We commit to a 6 month stay as a trial period. If we are still happy at the end of six months, we will extend our stay and come back to home to get the rest of our belongings. That is the plan.

While I realize we can do so with a Tourist Visa, I thought it might be easier just to start the process from here on another type of Visa so we don't have to feel pressed to make the six month deadline.

To my understanding, there are several types of Visas. We are retired, so perhaps the Rentista may be best for us? In case we decide on a small business I suppose that could change things, although no plan at this point.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:11 pm

In addition to the Tourist Visa there are Residente Temporal and Residente Permanente. You start the process for RT and/or RP at the Mexican Consulate that is nearest to you wherever you are. Eash consulate has it's own requirements but basically you need to show proof of income or assets, passport, Marriage Certificate if married, and sometimes a letter from your State Police stating you have no criminal reccord. As I mentioned my first reply to you visit www.rolloybrook.com and you can get more details such as the amount of income required, etc..
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Now that my eyesight has been restored, I am able to update my website.
Start here. Useful Information
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks. Those links are in Spanish as well. However, I cut and pasted the content into Google Translate, so I do have some information.

I can see that some of that can be open to what they will accept as "original copies of documents showing that the applicant has a pension or monthly income with a minimum payment of $2,500 tax free during the 6 months prior to the Visa application". If you don't want to show your bank statements and expose so much information, I wonder what they would accept instead (letter from Financial institution?).
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:02 pm

I am assuming then that we can apply for the permanent Visas and while in the process enter Mexico with the Tourist visa. Yes?
Can we submit the permanent Visa request to a Consulate in Mexico or must it be done prior to us leaving the US?
If we submit everything here, Could we receive the Permanent Visa while still in the US?
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:09 pm

You have to start the application (approval) process in your home country and finish it when you arrive in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Fastfox, please read my website where you will find answers to all your questions and lots more things you need to know.
Start here. Useful Information
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Gracias Rolly! I'm happy you're back to being your former helpful self!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:19 pm

Thank you Rolly for the great web site and information. I have printed the part that I need regarding the Visa. One question. I know I read somewhere that it is better for spouses to apply individually. I cannot remember the reason. Anyone know?
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Under the new plan, the spouse should apply under the family plan.
From my website:

The Family Plan allows other members of a family to receive a Residente card without having to show financial means after the head of the family has met the financial requirement for him/herself.

It works like this:  The head of the family secures a Residente card (Temporal or Permanente).  The rest of the family enters with Visitants. Then each member fills out all the application paperwork, gets photos, passport copies, etc.  Take all this to the INM and apply as a family.  There will be more paperwork at the office.

Each person will have to pay the card fee.  The family group plan only covers the financial requirement; after that each person is treated as an individual card holder.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks Rolly. Evidently, I missed that part completely.

However, I do remember there was some benefit for applying separately. I just do not remember where I read it or what the benefit was.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:37 pm

I think the benefit of separate visa's is that if your wife is on a "family" visa and something happens to you she will need to re-apply for her own visa. If come that time she can't qualify financially then she could have problems. If you currently have the financial means for separate visa's then that would be preferable IMO.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next