INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood donation needed for elderly lakeside expat - type 0-negative

+5
CanuckBob
simpsca
Jim W
oncesubtle
57Chevy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Blood donation needed for elderly lakeside expat - type 0-negative Empty Blood donation needed for elderly lakeside expat - type 0-negative

Post by 57Chevy Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 am

My friend's dad was in the hospital Angeles del Carmen in Guad, for a surgery, and is in need of blood donations of type 0-neg blood. He said this type of blood is rare in Latin America. Anyone have any ideas? He has already called the Red Cross. Thanks
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Blood donation needed for elderly lakeside expat - type 0-negative Empty Re: Blood donation needed for elderly lakeside expat - type 0-negative

Post by oncesubtle Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I'd try to find a way to post into the nearest college network (w/international student body) a reward for 0-neg blood. I read somewhere 200 pesos was the going rate so maybe go with 500 + pesos per unit for the rare stuff.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Blood donation needed for elderly lakeside expat - type 0-negative Empty Re: Blood donation needed for elderly lakeside expat - type 0-negative

Post by Jim W Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Oncesubtle is right on.....Last year Simpsca and I worked to find needed donations....for several people. Results searching for donations around Lakeside is somewhat a waste of time, as most of us are tooooooooo old or on medications of some sort, which disqualify's the rest.

While O Neg is very rare here, there are many exchange students at the University of Guadalajara. We posted on the board @ the student union....and found success. Just have someone translate and post required need, blood type, and say 500 pesos, per unit, plus name of patient, and medical facility to contact......on their behalf.

I hope this helps.

Jim W

BTW, If you need whole blood or cells....tough deal..O Neg....for plasma, any O, A, B or AB works
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:25 pm

I recently volunteered my blood for Tom Tompson - we are both A+ and even though I'm 64 which was within the guidelines they told me I was too old - cut off they are enforcing is actually 60. Yes, universities are where Mexicans who need blood post a notice and offer to pay for it. I don't know what the going rate is for a pint now - a good doctor in Guadalajara should know. Tom got most of his from family and friends of family - he has a fairly young daughter and lots of young employees. I had the right blood type but the hospital refused.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Please Pin High priority
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks so very much for the information. I will forward this to my friend immediately.
Appreciate it!!
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 pm

57Chevy wrote:My friend's dad was in the hospital Angeles del Carmen in Guad, for a surgery, and is in need of blood donations of type 0-neg blood. He said this type of blood is rare in Latin America. Anyone have any ideas? He has already called the Red Cross. Thanks

POST ON CHAPALA. dot com...I would post...but they are ANAL....good luck and my best to your family
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:14 pm

OK, thanks!
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

It is so great to get advice so quickly. It says alot about you good you folks are. Thanks again.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm

57Chevy wrote:My friend's dad was in the hospital Angeles del Carmen in Guad, for a surgery, and is in need of blood donations of type 0-neg blood. He said this type of blood is rare in Latin America. Anyone have any ideas? He has already called the Red Cross. Thanks

How many Units of O neg does he need....I've found one......will pm his name and #

Jim W.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Does anyone know if this is still required. Let me know ASAP otherwise I'll delete this.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Does anyone know if this is still required. Let me know ASAP otherwise I'll delete this.

Bob, this was a scam post, or the man died.....I spent many hours lining up donars....
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 pm

I don't think it is a "scam" Jim. 57Chevy is credible however maybe she got some bad info from someone else. Please don't be so quick to judge......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:10 pm

This person could be tied up at the hospital with the person who needs blood or something worse - give it a little time.

Really good of you to find a donor Jim. Where are you finding the young ones!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I have 57Chevy's e-mail address. I will send her a note asking what is going on.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:54 am

simpsca wrote:This person could be tied up at the hospital with the person who needs blood or something worse - give it a little time.

Really good of you to find a donor Jim. Where are you finding the young ones!

Thank You Simpsca....One donnated to Bob Last year....The others come from U of G posted in Spanish, with the name of MD, telephone number and name of patient. Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Bob, When I see Blood in need, I jump on it, especially when O Neg is required, as O Neg is universal to recipient, However the O Neg requiring blood can only accept same. As you suggest....I will forgetaboutit. ....
Point is why post need and not respond....I have advised my donor same....sadly getting proper donors is difficult @ lakeside....posting need @ not communicating ....kind a like calling wolf....... Dead Horse Beer Beer

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:48 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep.........we will know better if she posts a need for something again. Sorry you had to waste time with this.

No problem my friend....will always work for people in need, just piiiiiiiiiises me off....If you need help and disappear....totally wrong

Adious....talk again from Phoenix,,,,,

jim w
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:06 am

Hello Jim and Canuck Bob...so sorry on my delay, I am in the United States, had to travel for work this past week. Just got home today. I am sorry that you became upset Jim. This wasn't a scam. As far as I know, the man still needs blood. I just checked my friend's facebook posting. My friend's dad is in Ajijic, and is a well known person. How can I connect you guys? I will private message Bob and Jim with the name of my friend, his facebook location, phone number, and email address. Give me a minute to look it up and I'll PM you both. Sorry again Jim. Please forgive me. I am so grateful that you took time to line up donors.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:25 am

I am a newbie to the community lakeside, to this board, and don't live down there fulltime. I have never put out a request on a web board before, this was my first time...I was not aware that people would work so hard for an unknown person...if I had known what a valiant effort Jim was making, I would have been checking my computer. I am so sorry for falling down on this, it is my fault, and I hope you can forgive me. Jim you have every right to be angry with me, I deserve it. I have learned something very important from this....you guys are a serious bunch, and if I post a need like this, I should check it every day. Once again, so sorry, and I have learned from my mistake. Jim, I apoligze to you, I thank you for your time, and I hope you will give me another chance. I private messaged Jim and Bob with the contact information.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:00 am

Just saw a private message Jim sent on Friday, 10/28 with the donor's phone numbers. Thank you Jim. I have forwarded the name and phone numbers to the son of the sick man. And, from now on, will take my laptop with me when I travel....wooo, what a difference a few days can make. Jim, thank you for your time and efforts. You deserve a big cudos.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 am

57Chevy wrote:Just saw a private message Jim sent on Friday, 10/28 with the donor's phone numbers. Thank you Jim. I have forwarded the name and phone numbers to the son of the sick man. And, from now on, will take my laptop with me when I travel....wooo, what a difference a few days can make. Jim, thank you for your time and efforts. You deserve a big cudos.

If your friends Father is still in need....please pm CBob....ask him to repost a sticky......until you receive required units Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 am

57chevy....You are correct about oldies @ Lakeside, However....most of us have Housekeepers/gardeners......their families are an untapped resourse....ANYONE can be proactive.....once post is made on web boards, by talking to their employees.....My Housekeepers husband has donated, 3 times, over past year, and refuses compensation. 2nd best place, is Univ. of GDL, or any other college to post need, as many students are in need of a few extra pesos, and have many exchange students....widening the blood type pool.

Jim W Very Happy
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 am

Yes, Jim is a hero - has helped with many who needed blood donations. And with our aging population it is difficult to find donors but he always does. The enforced cut off age in Mexico is 60 and most of us are over that. But Jim manages to find them.

And PS Chevy 57 I did think you were somehow MIA when you didn't respond. Many of us do help each other here.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Yes Simpsca I was MIA, but only because I was travelling for work and swamped with an annual audit, and did not check my personal email or this web board for a few days. I am sorry. I was not aware of the history of the blood donor process lakeside. Now I am aware and educated, and I thank you all for your patience and teaching. If this comes up again, I will know that there are heroes out there that will put the word out and make efforts, and that I need to keep checking the web board. Thanks again.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next