INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Donation Needed

2 posters

Go down

Blood Donation Needed Empty Blood Donation Needed

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:25 am

There is a patient in San Javier who needs blood. The patient has already had about 7 units transfused, and still needs more. They have type O+, but any type of blood will do because they can trade between blood banks. Although there are many exclusions, here are the very basic Requirements:

1-  Over 18 and under 65
2- Over 50kg
3- No major permanent problems that would put you or the blood recipient at risk (AIDS, Hepatitis B, C, etc., Cancer, Heart Failure, etc.
4- No major recent temporary infections.
5- Hypertension of systolic over 180, or diastolic over 100.
6. Heart rate under 50 or over 100.
7. No fever.
8. No vaccinations in the last 4 weeks.

If you pass the above list, look at the full list to see if you can donate.
Full list of requirements:  http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle_popup.php?codigo=5275587

Blood can be donated in care of the patient- For more information on the patient in order to donate, send me an e-mail  dr.thelin@hotmail.com   Transportation can be provided to the donors.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Blood Donation Needed Empty Re: Blood Donation Needed

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 am

Dr. Sam, why are they not able to have a blood collection station here locally? I think some people may be able to donate but don't want to spend the day in Guadalajara.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:27 am

CanuckBob wrote:Dr. Sam, why are they not able to have a blood collection station here locally? I think some people may be able to donate but don't want to spend the day in Guadalajara.

Cost and regulations are the main reason why not. That said, I do know that the blood bank for Centro Medico has held drives at large companies and taken the blood back to the blood bank. I have never seen this from a smaller private hospital. A small local blood bank would resolve many problems for the population here, but the cost would be around $400,000 USD minimum to install, and about $2600 a month to maintain ($600 for the electric for the equipment, refrigeration, etc., and you would need to pay someone to be there). Get me the money, and we can make it happen.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down