INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca

+5
espíritu del lago
bimini6
simpsca
CanuckBob
Lehrer
9 posters

Go down

Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca Empty Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca

Post by Lehrer Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:10 pm

I am surprised that I'm not hearing about this from the North Shore discussion boards and periodicals!!!

El Tuxcueca Lt Lago Taxi advertised their ferry service in La Luna Regional (Tizapán local newspaper), beginning Jueves 25 de Noviembre de 2010:
"VIAJA DE TUXCUECA A CHAPALA Y VICEVERSA - El lujoso Tuxcueca LT es un 25' barco del pontón
"Horario y Boletas:
"de Tuxcueca a Chapala
"8:00 a.m. 10:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m. [Looks like they left out 2 p.m.]
"de Chapala a Tuxcueca
"9:00 a.m. 11:00 a.m. 1:00 p.m. 3:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m.
"JUEVES VIERNES SÁBADO DOMINGO LUNES
"Costos de los Boletos:
"De Tuxcueca a Chapala $50.00
"Viaje redondo $75.00 {Precio sólo para viaje directo al destino}
"Saliendo de Chapala $100.00
"Los boletos se vende sólo en el muelle
"Capacidad 20 pasajeros
"Visita nuestra paguina www.TuxcuecaLT.com "

I thought some of you folks might be interested in visiting the south side without driving here!!
bounce
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca Empty Re: Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Very cool. I can make out that it is a 25' pontoon boat that holds 20 passengers (which seems a little tight) but I can't read fluently.

I have a few questions:
How long is the ride?
Where in Chapala do you board the vessel?

I will definitely give this a go when I'm back down.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca Empty Re: Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca

Post by Lehrer Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:22 pm

Bob:

Go to the website mentioned; it's in English and should answer all your questions!!!! www.TuxcuecaLT.com

If you need more info, send an e-mail to: miguel@tuxcuecalt.com
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca Empty Da Boat

Post by Billy Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:01 pm

This morning I went looking for info on da boat and no one in the area knew anything about this service. I checked with numerous restaurants and personal.

Billy

Billy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Billy wrote:This morning I went looking for info on da boat and no one in the area knew anything about this service. I checked with numerous restaurants and personal.

Billy
On which side of the lake did you ask your questions?

I haven't checked into it, but send an e-mail with your questions to miguel@tuxcuecalt.com; post back here with results, please.
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 pm

The website says that the Chapala dock is: NEW dock site at Restaurant LA PALAPA DEL GUAYABO, the Big 2-story palapa restaurant in the east harbor. I understand from another chat group that the restaurant dock is near the Chapala Yaht Club. The website also says it takes around 30 minutes to do the crossing. I hear there is a good fish restaurant in Tuxcueca. Sounds like a good day trip.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:12 am

I think that they don't have 2p because if siesta Very Happy

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:54 am

Miguel sent me an e-mail that says:
To answer your questions, we just recently got our permanent dock in Chapala. We are now located at the restaurant La Palapa Del Guayabo.

The information about pricing is -- to me, at least -- confusing; so I've sent more questions for clarification.

Don't want to muddle the waters here, so I'll wait for definitive answers.

THIS IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING MY WIFE AND I WANT TO TRY!!!

Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 am

Well, that is all and good...... be veerrry, veerry, careful. Those lake effect storms will have no mercy. Ask your fishermen, not that it happens often. Mother Nature has no mercy.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:54 am

espíritu del lago wrote:Well, that is all and good...... be veerrry, veerry, careful. Those lake effect storms will have no mercy. Ask your fishermen, not that it happens often. Mother Nature has no mercy.
And you point is.....?????

Having driven Highway 15 numerous times over and back, I can attest to the fact that the route is super-dangerous. I got as close to a head-on collision as I ever want to get, when some idiot coming from the opposite direction pulled out to pass without seeing me and took my driver's-side mirror with him!!!!

And I'd much rather travel across the water. Of course, if it's storming -- I can choose to cancel the trip and go back home.

Hell, you can slip in the shower, hit your head, and die. You wanna live in a bubble?

😕
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Just wear a life jacket. You can last in that warm water for days. No problem.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Please post if anyone takes the trip. I'd like to know how it is to cross the lake.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca Empty No Service .... yet

Post by Arleen Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 pm

We apparently haven't jumped through enough hoops yet, so we must suspend service for a couple of weeks to do so. We've had so many emails of support, from friends old and new and we're sorry about the disappointing news. We will start service as soon as we can. We've left a message on our web site www.TuxcuecaLT.com The site is under construction. Please check there for updates if you like, or watch for our advertising in the next couple weeks.

And a very special thanks to all. Especially those who have taken the time to offer suggestions and support. We listen.

Miguel, TLT

Arleen

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks for the update Miguel. Keep us posted.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ferry Service from Chapala to Tuxcueca Empty Siesta

Post by gringomojado Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:20 pm

bimini6 wrote:I think that they don't have 2p because if siesta Very Happy

Yes it is "La Comida"

They don't say siesta anymore, even though many take a nap.

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringoman Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:39 pm

Looks like they are shut down for a time. Got an e-mail from Miquel stating they were shut down for some reason for a few weeks-think info is on the website now.

gringoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:00 pm

Arleen wrote: We apparently haven't jumped through enough hoops yet, so we must suspend service for a couple of weeks to do so. We've had so many emails of support, from friends old and new and we're sorry about the disappointing news. We will start service as soon as we can. We've left a message on our web site www.TuxcuecaLT.com The site is under construction. Please check there for updates if you like, or watch for our advertising in the next couple weeks.

And a very special thanks to all. Especially those who have taken the time to offer suggestions and support. We listen.

Miguel, TLT
Yay, Miguel!!!

I'm glad you found this board. Cuts out the middle man.

Keep everybody informed. This is a great endeavor and a great opportunity.

Wanna confirm the pricing you e-mailed me?
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Arleen Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:31 pm

Round trip tickets will be 150 MXN.
Miquel

Arleen

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:15 am

Did this ferry service ever get going?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringoman Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:07 am

I don't think so. The website is static and has been "under construction" for some time. I emailed them about 2 wks ago but got no reply. What a shame, would have been fun.

gringoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:08 am

News article today in Chapala weekly paper says service to start Semana Santa but pice unknown at press time.

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/index.php/news/40-encabezados/6312-chapala-estrena-barco
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 am

Well hopefully it gets underway this time. It will certainly increase traffic/business to the other side.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringoman Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 am

The article Spencer mentioned is a different boat than the original thread. I think the original was about a smaller pontoon boat. I emailed Miguel about his situation and he tells me he now has 2 pontoon boats that will cross the lake, both from Chapala and Ajijic (?) plus a floating platform for parties, etc. He says he is just waiting for one more permit and then he will be ready to go. His email address is miguel@tuxcuecalt.com if you wish to contact him and his website is www.tuxcuecalt.com.

I've seen the bigger boat on the northshore-looks like a great party boat. Can't wait for both of these enterprises to get started!

gringoman

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Bring it on. I hope they get that party boat going before the end of April.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down