INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico?

+2
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
6 posters

Go down

Where to buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico? Empty Where to buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico?

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Where can I buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico?

Or are the km directions good enough without the map?

I have not traveled this road back to Laredo.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico? Empty Re: Where to buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico?

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Please pay attention, John - as you asked this question before!  As I suggested last time - you should (?) be able to find this map booklet at SuperLake.  Thewy tend to move them around but the last time I observed the displays, they were located in the shelves right at the end of the cashier counters.  A word of warning - open and scan the maps to make sure it is what you are looking for.

The other option is doing a Google Map search for directions from Ajijic to Laredo, TX.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where to buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico? Empty Re: Where to buy a Guia Roja map of Mexico?

Post by RickS Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:58 pm

John, there would only be about 3-4 pages one would need from the Guia. Maybe someone there could copy them for you from their map.

If, by the "km directions", you mean the Mexican website that gives all the towns along a route you design, IMO, that is NOT a good source as it doesn't necessarily follow the best route.  YMMV
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:37 pm

It's been awhile but I have bought several Guia Rojo maps at the magazine store in the plaza where El Torito is located.  It's in the back on the right of the large center hallway - behind the steps on the right.

If you are interested in having someone drive you to the border a friend used the owner of Ajijic Suites twice recently and he did a great job.  I believe it cost 300 US and my friend paid gas and tolls.  You drop the driver off and he takes a bus back to Ajijic. If you want to explore this option let me know and I'll get the name and phone number from my friend.  They left Ajijic at 6am and were in Laredo by 5 - 5:30pm the same day.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:50 pm

Here is a map of the major highways of Mexico published by Sanborns  http://www.sanbornsinsurance.com/mexico_maps.php

The first time I drove to Mexico I bought auto insurance from them at the border for Mexico travel and they did a trip tic for me like AAA does and it was very detailed. I don't know if you can just but the trip tic but they do have locations in Guadalajara.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:04 am

simpsca wrote:It's been awhile but I have bought several Guia Rojo maps at the magazine store in the plaza where El Torito is located.  It's in the back on the right of the large center hallway - behind the steps on the right..

It is now closed...permanently, I think.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:31 am

simpsca wrote:Here is a map of the major highways of Mexico published by Sanborns  http://www.sanbornsinsurance.com/mexico_maps.php

The first time I drove to Mexico I bought auto insurance from them at the border for Mexico travel and they did a trip tic for me like AAA does and it was very detailed. I don't know if you can just but the trip tic but they do have locations in Guadalajara.

Hate to keep refuting, but........
The Sanborn's gift shops/restaurants in Guadalajara and other Mexican cities have no connection or relationship to the Dan Sanborn insurance operation out McAllen, TX, other than the same name.
That's not to say that they might carry the Guia Roji maps.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:27 am

They sell the in Oxxo stores. Behind the counter. 

I always mapquest my route and back it up with the guia Roja.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down