INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where was Cruj Roja?

+16
viajero
Playaboy
Zedinmexico
arbon
FeelinGroovy83
Luisa
David
Flamingo
Irish Gal
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
Sherman
Pogo
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
shana
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where was Cruj Roja? Empty Where was Cruj Roja?

Post by shana Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:57 pm

This morning I needed an xray for a possible broken arm. (It is broken). I went to Cruz Roja. As I walked in it was eerily quiet. I called out and a woman walked out. Stools were on top of examining tables and a young girl was mopping the floor.

I showed the woman my prescription for an Xray and she told me "he wasn't there", I don't know who he is.

They called and I was told he would be in around 2:00. It wnas 11:30 at that point.

I saw a few ambulances parked outside but no EMT personnel. If they were out on a call, the clinic did not look as though it was ready for receive anyone to be brought in.

I left and went to Maskaras. for the Xray.

I will not conjecture as to the situation I saw and experienced at Cruz Roja today.. I am just relieved that I did not need more intensive medical care and that what I needed I could find.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where was Cruj Roja? Empty Re: Where was Cruj Roja?

Post by CanuckBob Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:00 pm

If you are referring to the one in Ajijic I was led to believe it had closed down a while ago.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:23 pm

No, I was in Chapala.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:40 pm

The "he" she meant was probably the xray tech. Ambulance personnel have their own quarters and don't live in the clinic between calls. There's been weird stuff happening there lately one is they fired an awesome nurse who has been there for 15 years! Wanna know what THAT finiquito is going to be?

Still, this begs the question where was the infamous Dr. Sam?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:41 pm

I suggest you tell Charlie KLestadt, the guy in the funny hat whom you will frequently find at Super Lake collecting donations and selling raffle tickets. Tell him your story and tell him you are going to start advocating on line and elsewhere for NO MORE support/donations for Cruz Roja until they get their act together. Their "act" has been substantially wanting for some time now. i fell off a ladder and waited four (4) hours for an xray of a broken hip. There are many other such stories to be heard. They don't seem to care any more.

Charlie will get the word to them and he will make the point clearly. If he doesn't, or if they don't, campaign for NON donation.

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Pogo wrote:I suggest you tell Charlie KLestadt, the guy in the funny hat whom you will frequently find at Super Lake collecting donations and selling raffle tickets. Tell him your story and tell him you are going to start advocating on line and elsewhere for NO MORE support/donations for Cruz Roja until they get their act together. Their "act" has been substantially wanting for some time now. i fell off a ladder and waited four (4) hours for an xray of a broken hip. There are many other such stories to be heard. They don't seem to care any more.

Charlie will get the word to them and he will make the point clearly. If he doesn't, or if they don't, campaign for NON donation.

You may remember that Charlie K did his own private boycott of CR for a while in trying to get his 'point' across.
Although he is back and dedicated, I think there is still a big question about what they are doing and the effectiveness of what they are doing. And, the most important part is the degree to which we can really rely on them?

There are other things going on within CR that I think are a big problem. I've approached Charlie and the Board, with no results. So, I've stopped my donations to CR.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:11 pm

I have been hearing things for a while now. I didn't like what I heard but without further info it was difficult to know what to think.
I love Charlie and always support his efforts, but I hope there are some clear answers soon. For example, I heard about the firing of the long-time nurse who, as I recall, was the backbone of the place. It appears that her leaving has left a vacuum.
This is all very disturbing because an awful lot of people depend on Cruz Roja and what goes on there can literally become a matter of life or death for some of us.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Trailrunner wrote:The "he" she meant was probably the xray tech. Ambulance personnel have their own quarters and don't live in the clinic between calls. There's been weird stuff happening there lately one is they fired an awesome nurse who has been there for 15 years! Wanna know what THAT finiquito is going to be?

Still, this begs the question where was the infamous Dr. Sam?

Why do you say the "infamous" Dr. Sam?
I thought he left CR quite some time ago, I don't know why, other than to start a private practice, but I thought he was hired back recently.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:34 pm

I think someone at Cruz Roja should provide some information as to what's going on there. If we are in cardiac distress, or have an accident, do we go to Cruz Roja? There are many of the foreign community who support Cruz Roja with their donations and attend fundraisers, buy lottery tickets, etc. who would like clear answers. Is Dr. Sam Thelin still the medical director? Do we head to Guadalajara and hope for the best? Please, we would like some answers!

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:48 pm

I have no answers to your particular question. Yes Dr Sam is back as the Medical Director. Local Cruz Roja is working with Guad Cruz Roja on required personnel standards so there has been some disruption.

I suggest you read the Cruz Roja Board December minutes when they are posted on the Website.

Do what you want, but boycotting Cruz Roja is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Have any of you ever been to an emergency room NOB? Do you have any idea how long a minor emergency patient can wait? Try to stop being the most important person Lakeside and think that the EMT staff could have been out on a critical call elsewhere.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Cruz Roja is not an ER NOB. There was no crowd, no one being treated for a heart attack or bleeding to death. In fact, the problem seems to be there was no one at all.
And, where the EMT staff was is not the issue.
Somewhere between those who believe Cruz Roja can't do anything right and those who believe they can not do anything wrong are the rest of us. We have concerns about the place we rely upon for routine, emergency and possibly life saving care. Excuse us for asking questions.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 am

There are other places for x-rays.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:06 am

Leave Charlie alone. He spends so much time and energy on Cruz Roja and he doesn't need the negativity in his life.

Instead, contact someone on the Cruz Roja board:
http://www.cruzrojachapala.com/org_chart.htm

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by FeelinGroovy83 Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Recently I was taken to Cruz Roja in Chapala folowing a bad fall. I was given excellent care by an English speaking doctor along with xrays and stitches.

This is my third encounter with them over an 11-year period, all positive.

I'm not discounting anyone's experience, just sharing mine.

Libby
FeelinGroovy83
FeelinGroovy83
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:32 pm

I was in Doloras Hildago on the week-end and noticed a very nice Cruz Roja across the street from my hotel. It was large and very modern looking. It had 5 newer ambulances and seemed to have quite a few staff inside. My thought was: How does this town without any "donating gringo's" have such a nice, well staffed facility? Anyone know?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I was in Doloras Hildago on the week-end and noticed a very nice Cruz Roja across the street from my hotel. It was large and very modern looking. It had 5 newer ambulances and seemed to have quite a few staff inside. My thought was: How does this town without any "donating gringo's" have such a nice, well staffed facility? Anyone know?

¿Did you think to ask while you were there?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Do you think the people at that unit would tell me where their funding comes from? Really??
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:36 am

Actually, yes. CR is supposed to be so transparent that they could present a financial report booklet from the last consejo meeting. CR Chapala USED to be like that!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:54 am

Sometimes in Mexico you don't want to know who donates to various charities like Cruz Roja and others. I am not saying I know anything specific but the rumors about donations to hospitals are all over the place. Always follow the money and who has extra money in Mexico? Not the Gobierno (Government).

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:39 am

Remittance?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:38 am

Playaboy wrote:Remittance?
Remittances help pay for a lot of civic improvements in small towns all over Mexico.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:30 am

CanuckBob wrote:I was in Doloras Hildago on the week-end and noticed a very nice Cruz Roja across the street from my hotel. It was large and very modern looking. It had 5 newer ambulances and seemed to have quite a few staff inside. My thought was: How does this town without any "donating gringo's" have such a nice, well staffed facility? Anyone know?

Ever hear of "donating Mexicans" ?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:33 am

Trailrunner wrote:Actually, yes. CR is supposed to be so transparent that they could present a financial report booklet from the last consejo meeting. CR Chapala USED to be like that!

....and why have they changed?....since you know they have.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:02 am

¿Did you at least take some photos of what you saw?

arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 pm

As Deep Throat once said to Bob Woodward, "Follow the money." In my ten years here, I have seen many instances wherein donations simply disappear. Some of them have been outrageously bold and audacious. That is why I no longer donate money. Instead I buy food or clothing or medicine and give it directly.

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next