INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feds stopping NOB plated cars on Libromento Sunday

+2
Vandre
barbicheesecake
6 posters

Go down

Feds stopping NOB plated cars on Libromento Sunday Empty Feds stopping NOB plated cars on Libromento Sunday

Post by barbicheesecake Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:13 am

Barbi's husband her. Just spoke to a friend and she said all NOB plated cars were being stopped and asked for ID. Anyone else heard about this?
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Feds stopping NOB plated cars on Libromento Sunday Empty Re: Feds stopping NOB plated cars on Libromento Sunday

Post by Vandre Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:28 pm

Just a Heads UP !
Thru a facilitator, I paid and applied for an extension to my TIP. I did this on May 17. The TIP was set to expire on May 29. I was told that I could return to pick up this extension (stamped & approved by Aduana) on Monday May 27th. For a multitude of reasons I did not get around to returning to Chapala to pick it up. However, reading this post this morning inspired me to prioritize getting that approval in hand.

I called the office to confirm that they were open and had the approval. The result was "We don't have it - call back in a week (6/10)" Needless to say, I was a bit distressed - as I am now essentially driving an illegal car and subject to who knows what ramifications. At this point, I have probably lost my deposit and am now essentially housebound for fear of Transitos & Federales and their hunt-on for Foreign plated vehicles.

I realize that perhaps the facilitating office was terribly busy or that she didn't know how (or have the time?) to get any answers but, I was less than reassured by the time I hung up.

The only reason I am writing this is so that others applying for an extension might want to leave more time between application and expiration dates. This, Of course means less useable days. (Assuming I do receive it by next Monday, that will be 26 days in-process and only 5 months until I have to do it all over again because of my Inmigrante Rentista expiration date.)

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Feds stopping NOB plated cars on Libromento Sunday Empty Re: Feds stopping NOB plated cars on Libromento Sunday

Post by Intercasa Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:12 pm

There are 3 letters, the one that matters most is the first set of stamped received documents for your notification meaning you notified on time, next is a letter that local aduana sent to Mexico City and last is response from Mexico City which sometimes comes and sometimes doesn´t.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm

OK..........., the three steps are interesting, I guess. The fact remains that neither I nor the facilitator has any proof that I complied with the "Rules of the day". I have NADA in-hand TODAY to show to any police-type authority that I have "followed the rules".
One would logically think that if this process requires physical delivery that there would be some kind of confirmation number (or stamped copy .... they do love their copias here) returned upon paperwork submission.
Actually even if it is possible to accomplish electronically, there should be some way to confirm proof of timely delivery, no?
I'm 99% sure I won't end up in Puente Grande OR have my car impounded and crushed for scrap metal but I can tell you, it sure wears on one to have to be perpetually worrying that you have dotted all the i's.

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Your facilitator should give you a file stamped copy as you only have 15 days to notify. I go every Wednesday for example so today I brought back file stamped copies from last Wednesday and the 2nd letter they held for me for people I turned in the week before. Aduana is getting speedier with the denial letters and they are coming within a month or two, before they took up to 9 months to arrive!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:47 pm

Logic is differently applied in Mexico.
There are very very few facilitators i would trust with my status or vehicle here. Spencer is at the top of the list for many reasons. He is thorough, knowledgeable and effective.
I hope you get the issue resolved.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:09 pm

OK, now I'm a bit confused.

Although I do plan to get the Aduana letter via Spencer's office, I thought it was just a formality -- an extra step to make things easier in case of a question about the TIP. I thought the TIP automatically extends to the duration of your residente temporal -- that the initial six month duration is because you're assumed to have a tourist visa, but once you get your residente temporal status you're good until that expiration date.

Is that true or not?

Spencer, when you say you only have 15 days to notify -- 15 days from when, to notify whom about what?

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Grizzy wrote:Logic is differently applied in Mexico.
There are very very few facilitators i would trust with my status or vehicle here. Spencer is at the top of the list for many reasons. He is thorough, knowledgeable and effective.
I hope you get the issue resolved.

Totally agree, Spencer and Azu - for now, that's it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:34 pm

No, it's not automatic that Aduana will extend your TIP. (The various elements are supposed to be so computer savvy now - but that does not extend to coordinating the various branches) By design - who knows? Anyway, after 180 days plus (I'm guessing the 15 days), you're no longer legal and need that Aduana authorized extension to protect your deposit and to maintain your vehicle legality

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:54 pm

15 days to notify if you get a new immigration document, if it is the same one you had upon obtaining the TIP then the notification eliminates headaches and is for good measure.

We are swamped with work, please be patient, it is so crazy and we have to file appeals for people with almost every government office due to mistakes not made by us and if we make them, we take full responsibility.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down