INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permanentes and foreign plated cars

+3
Sherman
Playaboy
Intercasa
7 posters

Go down

Permanentes and foreign plated cars Empty Permanentes and foreign plated cars

Post by Intercasa Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Looks like things are moving forward and on the road to having the issue studied by PRODECON the tax ombudsman.

http://www.chapalalaw.com/PRODECON.pdf
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Permanentes and foreign plated cars Empty A little help???

Post by Playaboy Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:31 am

For the language impaired, it says?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Permanentes and foreign plated cars Empty Re: Permanentes and foreign plated cars

Post by Intercasa Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:01 am

I requested a technical opinion stating that this issue affects thousands of foreigners and that the SAT offices do not received cars as donations and many people are too sick to take their cars to the border or they will not make the trip due to being in poor condition so asked for options they have to comply with the law and maybe they will change it as they did due to our other persistent actions for the car deposits.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Permanentes and foreign plated cars Empty Car Deposits?????

Post by Sherman Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:27 pm

Intercasa wrote:I requested a technical opinion stating that this issue affects thousands of foreigners and that the SAT offices do not received cars as donations and many people are too sick to take their cars to the border or they will not make the trip due to being in poor condition so asked for options they have to comply with the law and maybe they will change it as they did due to our other persistent actions for the car deposits.  

In March, I went north to get a new temporal and reimport my foreign-plated car.
Even though I thought all of the 't's' were crossed and 'i's' dotted, I seemed to have missed something about the 'car deposits.'

The deposit was paid at the border when I got my import sticker.
This is the first time, I've had to pay the car deposit and I thought paying the deposit was all there was to it. And then, after arriving lakeside, getting a letter (from Aduana?) from Spencer's office to keep with the paperwork in the car.

When I called Denise, I was told that there is some regulation (I'm assuming new) that in order to get the car deposit back it had to have been 'registered' (or some formality) within a certain period of time after arriving lakeside. And, she suspected I'm beyond the expiration period.

----
Can Spencer or anyone else familiar with this shed some light on the subject?

Is there any other negative implication other than not being able to get back the car deposit?
Is it still appropriate to get the 'letter' to keep with the car documentation?

Thanks ......

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Permanentes and foreign plated cars Empty Re: Permanentes and foreign plated cars

Post by Intercasa Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 pm

If you got at border fine but then you need to notify aduana within 15 days of getting any new immigration document to keep deposit from being lost
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Intercasa wrote:Looks like things are moving forward and on the road to having the issue studied by PRODECON the tax ombudsman.  

http://www.chapalalaw.com/PRODECON.pdf

I can't get Google translate to do it on this document. Assistance, please.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:56 pm

Says the tax ombudsmans office accepted my request for an opinion on the matter
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Permanentes and foreign plated cars Empty notification to Aduana

Post by Sherman Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Intercasa wrote:If you got at border fine but then you need to notify aduana within 15 days of getting any new immigration document to keep deposit from being lost

Has this regulation been in place for a while and how was one to find out about it?

It appears that I have lost my deposit for lack of notification. Any chance of paying a fine of some sort or am I just out?

Do I still need the letter from your office to carry in the car with my other documents?

Thanks .....

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:32 pm

The regulation has been around as long as deposits have been. Just became more difficult with your first 30 day Visa, followed by a one year .... and then max 3

sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:27 pm

I first brought my car into Mexico in 2011, about a week before the 'deposits' started. I got 'the' letter from Spencer's office to cover me, but never had to deal with a deposit timeframe because I did not make a deposit. This was an expensive lesson!

Thanks ...

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:53 pm

Sherman wrote:
Intercasa wrote:I requested a technical opinion stating that this issue affects thousands of foreigners and that the SAT offices do not received cars as donations and many people are too sick to take their cars to the border or they will not make the trip due to being in poor condition so asked for options they have to comply with the law and maybe they will change it as they did due to our other persistent actions for the car deposits.  

In March, I went north to get a new temporal and reimport my foreign-plated car.
Even though I thought all of the 't's' were crossed and 'i's' dotted, I seemed to have missed something about the 'car deposits.'

The deposit was paid at the border when I got my import sticker.
This is the first time, I've had to pay the car deposit and I thought paying the deposit was all there was to it.  And then, after arriving lakeside, getting a letter (from Aduana?) from Spencer's office to keep with the paperwork in the car.

When I called Denise, I was told that there is some regulation (I'm assuming new) that in order to get the car deposit back it had to have been 'registered' (or some formality) within a certain period of time after arriving lakeside.  And, she suspected I'm beyond the expiration period.

----  
Can Spencer or anyone else familiar with this shed some light on the subject?

Is there any other negative implication other than not being able to get back the car deposit?
Is it still appropriate to get the 'letter' to keep with the car documentation?

Thanks ......
Where would one go and do said "registration"?

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:06 am

Nogales

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:12 am

Playaboy wrote:Nogales
Was this the answer to my question? If so, I think it would be a little strange. My question was in response to "The deposit was paid at the border when I got my import sticker." "to get the car deposit back it had to have been 'registered' (or some formality) within a certain period of time after arriving lakeside"
So are you saying that after you cross the boarder, get your TIP, drive all the way to the lake, then you have to go to "Nogales" and register it withing 15 days...?

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:51 am

I think your original question was nto clear.  Your question above IS clear and the answer is Aduana, closest being at GDL.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:05 am

You can turn in the notice of renewal / change of immigration document at any aduana office with the closest one being at the airport in Guadalajara. We take them personally as we have seen people mail them and they get sent back weeks later and then the time limit has been exceeded.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Ok, well I already know I'm not the only one who altogether missed the need to register the car import document. That is now done and past, so do I still need the letter from Aduana to accompany my car import papers?

Thanks.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:11 am

Sherman wrote:Ok, well I already know I'm not the only one who altogether missed the need to register the car import document.  That is now done and past, so do I still need the letter from Aduana to accompany my car import papers?

Thanks.

If you brought your car into Mexico with a 6 month TIP last March, you are still ok. You have to file the paperwork next August or Sept. Pay Intercasa to file the correct paperwork to protect your deposit.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:46 am

Talk directly with Spencer (Intercasa).
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:49 am

Intercasa wrote:You can turn in the notice of renewal / change of immigration document at any aduana office with the closest one being at the airport in Guadalajara.  We take them personally as we have seen people mail them and they get sent back weeks later and then the time limit has been exceeded.  
Perfect, Thank you.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down