INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats the new law about NOB plated cars

+10
joec
otbdiane
Ms.Thang
espíritu del lago
hound dog
Intercasa
sparks
gringal
CanuckBob
gravy
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

whats the new law about NOB plated cars  Empty whats the new law about NOB plated cars

Post by gravy Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 am

in 15 days my NOB plated car turns into a pumpkin ....need to re-up my insurance ....just got my "permente Residencia Rentista" filed and expect the papers within 2 months
Been told that I have to take my car to the border no matter what I do with it ....give it to the Cruz Roja , junk it or what ever within 90 days
the LCS meeting said that if you are retired and don't work , you can keep it but a lawyer in ajijic said that the Audua (SP) decides this and I have to take it to the USA and this is BS
ANYONE KNOW THE TRUE SKINNY ?
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

whats the new law about NOB plated cars  Empty Re: whats the new law about NOB plated cars

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:38 am

Gravy, if you decide to junk it, let's make it into an off road buggy and have some fun with it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

whats the new law about NOB plated cars  Empty Re: whats the new law about NOB plated cars

Post by gravy Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:41 am

CanuckBob wrote:Gravy, if you decide to junk it, let's make it into an off road buggy and have some fun with it.
is that legal ? ....LOL.....did ja git your timing light ?
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 am

gravy wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Gravy, if you decide to junk it, let's make it into an off road buggy and have some fun with it.
is that legal ? ....LOL.....did ja git your timing light ?

Don't know what the Ajijic lawyer told you, but so far I've heard you can keep it if you're not working, under the Permanente status. Second opinion time?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:13 pm

Permanent is permanent. I've never heard of a rentista or non-working classification. Wonder if Aduana will post anything new
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:24 pm

Nothing has been published that I have seen either in the DOF, Aduana web page nor Banjercito so the old law doesn´t match the new documents being issued and a clarification or change is needed. For the time being things should be ok due to certain documents being the equivalent BUT in my opinion people with permanente may have a hard time keeping their cars as it is equivalent to inmigrado who couldn´t import nor drive foreign plated cars.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Intercasa wrote:Nothing has been published that I have seen either in the DOF, Aduana web page nor Banjercito so the old law doesn´t match the new documents being issued and a clarification or change is needed. For the time being things should be ok due to certain documents being the equivalent BUT in my opinion people with permanente may have a hard time keeping their cars as it is equivalent to inmigrado who couldn´t import nor drive foreign plated cars.

so , should I insure my car for another year ? ...... 6 months ?
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Insure it for a year if that is the best rate and they will give you a pro rated refund.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 pm

thanks buddy ! ,,,,,,keep the lake posted
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:10 pm

This driving to the border and selling that U.S. plated vehicle is not so complicated. One can drive to Nuevo Laredo in one day from Lakeside and, stay overnight in Nuevo Laredo at one of the very nice business style hotels there. Then, the next day, simply drive up to San Antonio and sell your car to highly reputable Carmax who will give you a check on the spot at a decent price if you have the proper papers. Then you take a Greyhound Bus back to Laredo, cross the border into Nuevo Laredo and take the overnight luxury nonstop bus back to Guadalajara.

Be careful about selling your car to some shyster used car dealer in Laredo or San Antonio as, at that point you must sign over your title papers to the used car dealer who will give you a bank draft as opposed to a check or cash and when you get back to Lakeside you may find the draft dishonored and be sh*t out of luck and also out of a car. In a million years you will never prevail in a U.S. court of law under those circumstances.

To make this fun, spend the night in San Luis Potosí Centro Historico and then Nuevo Laredo or Laredo and head out of several nice hotels in either town for a good steak dinner before nogging out. I recommend the Fiesta Inn or Holiday Inn in Nuevo Laredo or this really great hotel on the Rio Grande in Laredo the name of which I cannot remember. This trip can actually be fun.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:27 pm

I like to stay here:

http://laposada.com/
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:35 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:I like to stay here:

http://laposada.com/

That´s it. A great hotel on the banks of the Rio Grande in Laredo. A fine place to stay. a couple of minutes from the Mexican border and a couple of hours from San Antonio. Thanks Espiritu.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:45 pm

They have secure parking.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm

so what do you do with the $ 5 usd that I get after tolls , gas , motel , food, bus ride ....etc ...... how do I go about buying a Mexican car with no transportation and a very limited budget ?
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Gravy, If your insurance company decides that your car is not legal when you file a claim they won't pay. What does your insurance company say is legal?

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm

my take on Spencer's post is to insure it for now and get a rebate when my 90 day grace period is up ............. again , how do I go about buying a Mexican car , cheap and dependable with no transportation ?
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:15 am

Most people watch the boards for deals. Surely you have some friends who will take you for a spin or two, offer to buy dinner and drinks. OR ride the bus and take taxis. Just take your time and don't panic. Being w/o a car is not as bad as you think it is. I know several people that due to age don't drive. They manage fine.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:57 am

Here is some additional info posted in earlier threads.

Re: Looking to buy compact car (automatic w/Mx plates)
by CanuckBob on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:57 pm

In Guadalajara they have a huge car swap meet where everyone brings their cars to sell. There are hundreds of cars for sale there. I know how to get there but don't know the street names. Perhaps one of the other members know?

Re: Looking to buy compact car (automatic w/Mx plates)
by Hensley on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:13 am

We had great luck with Mark Turford, found us exactly what we wanted.

Mark Turford
333-398-9045
765-4341

markturford@yahoo.com
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by otbdiane Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:22 am

Don't say no transportation...bus service is great in this area and believe me you do learn to adapt. Friends with cars help out with shopping and/or once in a while take the bus to the store and a cab home. Still cheaper than insurance, gas, maintenance etc.

otbdiane

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 am

otbdiane wrote:Don't say no transportation...bus service is great in this area and believe me you do learn to adapt. Friends with cars help out with shopping and/or once in a while take the bus to the store and a cab home. Still cheaper than insurance, gas, maintenance etc.

wrong ...... I get 500 p gas/ mo and insurance is $ 237/ year plus my leg is good for 3 dances/night and about 3 blocks each way .....stairs are a deal breaker ......take away my car and I'm house bound
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 am

otbdiane wrote:Don't say no transportation...bus service is great in this area and believe me you do learn to adapt. Friends with cars help out with shopping and/or once in a while take the bus to the store and a cab home. Still cheaper than insurance, gas, maintenance etc.

You can't be independent without a car. I wouldn't get on one of those overloaded busses with nutso drivers, even if I could as I'm handicapped. Cheap NEVER means better. I fill our car once a month, average 600 pesos, insurance is $ 250 a year.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by otbdiane Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:20 pm

You can be independent without a car...and what overloaded buses? Only when school lets out. The bus drivers are the best and will get you where you are going. If you can walk a couple of blocks there is no reason why you should be housebound. Only a prison in your own mind! Most of us are just spoiled with the convenience of a car and other luxuries which we do not really need!

otbdiane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:41 pm

otbdiane wrote:You can be independent without a car...and what overloaded buses? Only when school lets out. The bus drivers are the best and will get you where you are going. If you can walk a couple of blocks there is no reason why you should be housebound. Only a prison in your own mind! Most of us are just spoiled with the convenience of a car and other luxuries which we do not really need!

John lives in a guarded community, he has to walk a block to the guarded towers(gates), then cobblestone/rocks/ruts getting from the gates to the caraterra, probably 1/8th-1/4 mile ....downhill, but definitely not an easy walk with a cane. Blackeye No way, would I give up my wheels/independence if I lived where John does.....taxi maybe, then why not keep your wheels? Beer This is not a financial issue.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:54 pm

Jim W wrote:
otbdiane wrote:You can be independent without a car...and what overloaded buses? Only when school lets out. The bus drivers are the best and will get you where you are going. If you can walk a couple of blocks there is no reason why you should be housebound. Only a prison in your own mind! Most of us are just spoiled with the convenience of a car and other luxuries which we do not really need!

John lives in a guarded community, he has to walk a block to the guarded towers(gates), then cobblestone/rocks/ruts getting from the gates to the caraterra, probably 1/8th-1/4 mile ....downhill, but definitely not an easy walk with a cane. Blackeye No way, would I give up my wheels/independence if I lived where John does.....taxi maybe, then why not keep your wheels? Beer This is not a financial issue.

Maybe for some it could be a financial issue, but I doubt it since the cost of gasoline and running a car is the SMALLEST item in our budget.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:32 pm

I'll trade you bodies
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next