INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nationalizing a vehicle at the GDL Airport

+11
PoCo2012
schraderone
casi nada
CheenaGringo
Jim W
sami475
joyfull
phxfunguy
Playaboy
viajero
jrm30655
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nationalizing a vehicle at the GDL Airport - Page 2 Empty Re: Nationalizing a vehicle at the GDL Airport

Post by PoCo2012 Wed May 29, 2013 11:09 am

JaJaJa....
Turns out the local SVT offices only do plates for vehicles already Mexican. They gave us a website to follow through with the Jalisco process where we made an appointment for Tuesday in Tesistan.
I'll keep you posted with a new thread.
Beer

PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Nationalizing a vehicle at the GDL Airport - Page 2 Empty Re: Nationalizing a vehicle at the GDL Airport

Post by merry Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 am

"Only in Mexico!" LOLS

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:22 pm

sami475 wrote:We just returned from getting our car nationalized. We used a broker, Oscar Angula, in Nogales. From start to finish it took exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cost for a 2006 Ford Escape was $1050USD and that included the brokers fee. Differences in price from place to place are probably due to the brokers fee. Would highly recommend Oscar. Yes, I know that we had a long drive and that we paid tolls, but since we decided that we were going to use Oscar we combined it with a short trip to Tucson. No problems re-entering Mexico. At least this can be taken off of the Things To Do List.

Someone is smoking really good stuff betweenPOCO12 and sami475........can someone tie these 2 threads into something that makes sense?

I GIVE UP...... Smokealot Hopefully Spencer can put some logic toward all this........Did they in fact nationalize their vehicle for $1050, I Nogales, and get their plates here in GDL? Was it Sami or POCO or both?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:36 pm

PoCo2012 wrote:JaJaJa....
Turns out the local SVT offices only do plates for vehicles already Mexican. They gave us a website to follow through with the Jalisco process where we made an appointment for Tuesday in Tesistan.
I'll keep you posted with a new thread.
Beer

Yep. After doing some serious checking, I found that even if you have the process done at the border, you still have to go thru the process at Tesistan.

I also talked to a very nice lady at S&S Auto today. She is sending all the paperwork to the border to a broker and getting the pedimento back. Then you have to go to Tesistan to get plates in Jalisco. From everything that I could determine talking to her, it is legal. Even with her commission, it may be a bit cheaper than doing it at the airport.

As far as I can determine, neither the owner or the car has to be physically present at the brokers to start the process. Certain paperwork and money are the only thing required.

This will get you permission to import into MX. To actually get plates in Jalisco, you have to take the car for an inspection. This is at Tesistan. Then you can get the plates.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Jim W wrote:
sami475 wrote:We just returned from getting our car nationalized. We used a broker, Oscar Angula, in Nogales. From start to finish it took exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes. Cost for a 2006 Ford Escape was $1050USD and that included the brokers fee. Differences in price from place to place are probably due to the brokers fee. Would highly recommend Oscar. Yes, I know that we had a long drive and that we paid tolls, but since we decided that we were going to use Oscar we combined it with a short trip to Tucson. No problems re-entering Mexico. At least this can be taken off of the Things To Do List.

Someone is smoking really good stuff betweenPOCO12 and sami475........can someone tie these 2 threads into something that makes sense?

I GIVE UP...... Smokealot Hopefully Spencer can put some logic toward all this........Did they in fact nationalize their vehicle for $1050, I Nogales, and get their plates here in GDL? Was it Sami or POCO or both?
It is a 2 step process. The broker takes care of filing the paperwork and paying the tax. This covers MX. Then you have to pay Jalisco for the inspection and the tags.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:06 pm

jrm30655 wrote:

Yep. After doing some serious checking, I found that even if you have the process done at the border, you still have to go thru the process at Tesistan.

I also talked to a very nice lady at S&S Auto today. She is sending all the paperwork to the border to a broker and getting the pedimento back. Then you have to go to Tesistan to get plates in Jalisco. From everything that I could determine talking to her, it is legal. Even with her commission, it may be a bit cheaper than doing it at the airport.

I'm confused,I thought you said you had nationalized your car at the airport,I understand about getting the Jalisco plates in Tesistan.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:10 pm

JRM30655. You spent a long time checking this out. I want to thank you for sharing this info with us.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:51 pm

viajero wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:

I'm confused,I thought you said you had nationalized your car at the airport,I understand about getting the Jalisco plates in Tesistan.
I'm in the process. Been trying to find someone to make the run to Tesistan so I don't have to go.

Went to S&S today with a buddy to see what was going on.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Khof Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Where is Tesistan???

Khof

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:56 pm

In Zapopan

Last edited by Jim W on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:15 pm

jrm30655 wrote:
viajero wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:

I'm in the process. Been trying to find someone to make the run to Tesistan so I don't have to go.

Went to S&S today with a buddy to see what was going on.
Thanks for the clarification.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2