INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help for Permanente's with Car Issues

+21
espĂ­ritu del lago
hickton
casi nada
ComputerGuy
Intercasa
David
jrm30655
cane
Don Cuevas
arbon
CheenaGringo
viajero
slainte39
Ms.Thang
Jim W
Pedro
Talosian
Chapala Payaso
jle
CanuckBob
Playaboy
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Help for Permanente's  with Car Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for Permanente's with Car Issues

Post by Jim W Thu May 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Technically yes, however, there are 10's of 1000"s of vehicles in the computer that have left and not had the sticker removed. The penalty is forfeiture of deposit/bond...most $35.00. Sticker does not have to be removed to change ownership NOB, unless you intend to bring it back into Mexico.

Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Help for Permanente's  with Car Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Help for Permanente's with Car Issues

Post by jrm30655 Thu May 23, 2013 9:21 pm

If you want to nationalize your car without going to the border:

Go to Guad airport to the air freight compound, up near the motel.

Take:

Color pictures of the car, front, back, left, right, label on the drivers door and of the VIN #

proof of residence and 2 copies. Util bill or lease

Original title and 2 copies

MX picture ID. Drivers license or visa, and 2 copies

Age of vehicle, # of cylinders, size of motor, # lugs per wheel, manual or automatic, gas or diesel, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive

We used Secorp but any broker can do it.

Mucho pesos. For a 2006 Jeep it was 28,500. Max is 35,000, less for older cars.

Pay the money, get a receipt and a date to have it inspected.

Drive across Guad to the inspection station and get it inspected. Takes most of the day.

Wait a few days and go back to the airport for your plates. They are about $1400P

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 pm

So now you're saying that Aduana issues plates at the airport. This is total BS. Plate are issues by the State of Jalisco and I don't believe there's a Recordadora at GDL.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Thu May 23, 2013 10:48 pm

David wrote:So now you're saying that Aduana issues plates at the airport. This is total BS. Plate are issues by the State of Jalisco and I don't believe there's a Recordadora at GDL.

All I know is that after the inspection, the plates showed up at the brokers. Did not have to go to Tonola as I thought I would.

Personally, I could care less what anyone thinks. I've watched all kinds of things go across this board and know of people who are out money or had cars confiscated.

Do whatever you want to do......

I gave precise instructions on where to go, what to take and how to go about it. That's the extinct of what I can do.

I did not say that Aduana issued the plates. In fact, I didn't even mention Aduana, I said the broker ended up with the plates.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu May 23, 2013 11:17 pm

All need to go to Tonala or by Tesistan for plates and if they didnt take car then something may have been done irregularly, maybe they got yours through but today the government announced a crackdown on coyotes for car stuff

Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Fri May 24, 2013 6:10 am

jrm30655 wrote:
David wrote:So now you're saying that Aduana issues plates at the airport. This is total BS. Plate are issues by the State of Jalisco and I don't believe there's a Recordadora at GDL.

All I know is that after the inspection, the plates showed up at the brokers. Did not have to go to Tonola as I thought I would.

Personally, I could care less what anyone thinks. I've watched all kinds of things go across this board and know of people who are out money or had cars confiscated.

Do whatever you want to do......

I gave precise instructions on where to go, what to take and how to go about it. That's the extinct of what I can do.

I did not say that Aduana issued the plates. In fact, I didn't even mention Aduana, I said the broker ended up with the plates.

I have lived in MX for 10 years. I have seen all kinds of things get accomplished that you are not supposed to be able to do. Congratulations, you are the first expat I know that has successfully regularized a car at the airport. Good for you.

BTW, I am still looking for that next car that needs to leave the country.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Fri May 24, 2013 6:58 am

Some facilitator here needs to figure out how to do this and offer it as a service. Getting it started is no real problem. You just have to go drop off the paperwork.

The real PITA is going for the inspection. It's way on the other side of Guad and it takes all day.

I can't find a way to get someone else to do it. A MX can't legally drive a NOB plated car without the owner unless there is some kind of legal form to do it.

The car absolutely has to be inspected. Anyone furnishing papers without a physical inspection is not doing it legally.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri May 24, 2013 7:40 am

A Mx can drive your car to inspection as the TIP is no longer and the car becomes Mexican with the pedimento, FYI, government decree gives you 30 days to drive without plates
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 24, 2013 7:45 am

So if we Nationalize we have 30 days without plates, but if we are removing from Mexico we have 5 days? Makes sense to me? Basta
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 24, 2013 9:19 am

Check the ad from MAURICE in the Guadalajara Reporter. He is doing it, successfully and legally.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Fri May 24, 2013 9:42 am

HelperGuy wrote:Check the ad from MAURICE in the Guadalajara Reporter. He is doing it, successfully and legally.

I heard he's charging nearly 40,000 MX.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 24, 2013 9:48 am

Which is about $3,200 U.S.; I have no idea what's good or fair. Just pointing out that he is the only one I've heard of doing it properly.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 24, 2013 9:51 am

$3200 USD plus the taxes and fees to nationalize or does that include everything?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 24, 2013 11:46 am

I have no idea. I've never discussed it with him. In fact, I heard it was less than $40,000 pesos, but who knows. Like I said, his ad's in the paper.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by casi nada Fri May 24, 2013 12:13 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Which is about $3,200 U.S.; I have no idea what's good or fair. Just pointing out that he is the only one I've heard of doing it properly.

I'm pretty sure S&S is doing it for about $700 or $800 dollars cheaper.

casi nada
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri May 24, 2013 4:03 pm

Jim W wrote:So if we Nationalize we have 30 days without plates, but if we are removing from Mexico we have 5 days? Makes sense to me? Basta

Yes 5 days to remove an illegal vehicle and 30 to get plates for a vehicle that was legally permanently imported and can remain in Mexico only needing to comply with plates and state law.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Yer crackin me up Spencer! Aduana decided to make it extremely difficult for anyone going permanente driving foreign plated vehicles by making their vehicle illegal the day they received permanente card. Even though their FM2-3 was or may have been valid for days weeks or months making their tip valid as well.

Seems like it has created quite the revenue stream getting permission letters for removal of illegal foreign plated vehicles......even has a featured story on page 3 of todays GDL Reporter......makes it sound like a free amnesty program of sorts...... Basta

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri May 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Retorno Seguro is free, SAT doesn't charge, we do.

We need to scan all documents, fill out forms, send the documents to Guadalajara, try to plan ahead so that the permissions will be ready for when the client has their trip planned and then if a vehicle inspection is needed have someone wiating to meet them and walk them through it.

We have to make 2 trips to the SAT office, I think taxi drivers make more doing 2 round trips from Chapala to Guadalajara.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Spencer not questioning your time.....Aduana created the mess by not allowing TIP permit to stay current thru expiration of the FM2-3 regardless of when permanente was issued. Seems rather simple to me, would have save tio corp, and 1000's of expats, a bunch of money. The only reason many, including me, applied early was in anticipation of delays from INM to receive permanente docs.

Just Sayin I'll take some heat for this, but the Mexican government has done a very poor job of planning and implementation. Their poor planning has created many opportunities for con artists!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 24, 2013 7:25 pm

With over 100 million people in this country I doubt the Mexican Govt. is really spending too much time worrying about a few thousand gringo's cars. In the grand scheme of things this item would be almost non-existent on Mexico's "to do" list.
Would the US or Canada spend a lot of time worrying about a few thousand Mexican immigrant's cars......not likely.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 24, 2013 8:15 pm

actually not Mexican gubmint, but, INM AND ADUANA. It is big enough that the GDL reporter donated 1/2 page on page 3 about illegal foreign vehicles, in todays issue.

Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri May 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Quoting CB: "Would the US or Canada spend a lot of time worrying about a few thousand Mexican immigrant's cars......not likely."

I doubt very highly that Mexicans would be so emotionally attached to their vehicles and be far more willing to roll with the punches! Personally, I cannot believe the amount of money some foreigners are willing to pay to nationalize a vehicle that is of questionable worth. But they will bitch like hell that the NOB car dealerships are so willing to screw them by not offering high KBB value.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Jim W wrote:actually not Mexican gubmint, but, INM AND ADUANA. It is big enough that the GDL reporter donated 1/2 page on page 3 about illegal foreign vehicles, in todays issue.

Jaja.....well IMN and Aduana are arms of the government (I don't believe they are private firms) and the GDL Reporter is a gringo newspaper focused on the gringos around Lake Chapala.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 pm

I thought the GDL Reporter was a Canadian paper Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 pm

Jim W wrote:I thought the GDL Reporter was a Canadian paper Blackeye

I think it is British owned...but not too many UK plated cars around.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat May 25, 2013 7:32 am

slainte39 wrote:
Jim W wrote:I thought the GDL Reporter was a Canadian paper Blackeye

I think it is British owned...but not too many UK plated cars around.
Its difficult for us to drive from the uk. The car gets very wet...

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next