INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swarm 14

+30
Pedro
brigitte
seisdedos
Rosa Venus
CHILLIN
borderreiver
merry
Lady Otter Latté
Bill Phillips
PoCo2012
lunateak
peteben
ComputerGuy
joyfull
saege007
slainte39
Battlecat
DaveP
Sunnyvmx
hkrause
futureisendless
CheenaGringo
Jim W
RoofBob
Bajavet
hound dog
hockables
quiltbugj
gringal
CanuckBob
34 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Swarm 14 - Page 4 Empty Re: Swarm 14

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 am

I'm not sure how she spells her name, but "Suki" is an outstanding waitress. Glad you guys had fun.

Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:59 am

Another thumbs up from us...great food and service. They have daily and weekly specials.
Aside from the many empty chairs set aside for the reservation, all was excellent.
Took a good look at the ..."interesting" artwork in the back room, too.

PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:25 pm

There were several people who said they were going to come and didn't show up. Very frustrating. If you can't make it, a simple cancellation note would be nice.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Now that you guys have had your fun lowering Frida to a common denominator including the opportunity for our redneck acquaintance from the frozen tundra since settled in the SevenEleven favela of Chapala City to extoll the virtues of stewed putred guts as a main course, thereby establishing himself as the ultimate Alberta Hayseed moved to Mexico to escape the ice and embracing intestines as the last thing he can cling to without suffering rejection, thank you for giving this moron a forum upon which to feed that, is, while having been born of sincerity is now, thanks to our amigo Peter, the troll under the ice bridge, drownng in self aggrandizement.

Menudo my ass.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:05 pm

hound dog wrote:
Menudo my ass.
I will never understand the popularity of that dish,and to eat it for breakfast,no gracias,same goes for tostadas de cueritos,guacala!
To each his own,me, I'll take huevos motuleños,chilaquiles or molletes for a good Mexican breakfast.

Last edited by viajero on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Word stew?? Looks more like "dawg barf"!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:36 pm

Thank you Viajero! I will never understand the popularity of that dish either! I've tried it and tried it, best with turkey in my opinion but next to impossible to find in these parts, but brimming with tough old corn in a thin broth just doesn't float my boat.

So many other good things to eat, so little time left. Very Happy
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:47 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Word stew?? Looks more like "dawg barf"!!!

Well I am pretty sure a dawg whisperer can cure what ails the mouthy monster. pirat
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I cannot stand menudo either I do not like the Chinese, Spanish or the French version so I guess I do not like it period.
As Trairunner says life is too short . I do not get hangovers so I cannot see any redeeming quality to the dish.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:19 pm

The strange thing about the word "menudo" is that it kind of sounds like what it is, and like nothing I want to eat.

Plenty of good Mexican food without touching that one.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:22 pm

Funny thing about the dish in whatever country it is made, people love it or hate it . There does not seem to be people who can take it or leave it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:23 pm

gringal wrote:The strange thing about the word "menudo" is that it kind of sounds like what it is, and like nothing I want to eat.
A boy band?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Not a fan either, strangely enough the broth is surprising tasty. I might slurp and savor my friends, but he kills his. I guess using fresh tripa vs frozen, is the secret taste wise, that and the cleaning. Tripa has to be cleaned and I mean really cleaned. Also good menudo the cook will soak the tripa in leche. A lot of people who eat menudo are either country folk from whichever region of the world.Where I grew up it was a special treat after the hog was slaughtered. Just don't care for the tripa itself.

Last edited by espíritu del lago on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correctione)
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:14 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
gringal wrote:The strange thing about the word "menudo" is that it kind of sounds like what it is, and like nothing I want to eat.
A boy band?

AAAAAhahahahah Now, that was funny!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:28 pm

i have never had it with corn although that seems common. this was the red broth and tripa which i prefer to the blanco. i like tripa from several difernt ethnicities. i have never had a bad menudo here in mexico. nor a bad taco tripa. give me any o' them over that crap whooper some people drive to the aeropuerto for-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Post some pics, por favor!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Post some pics, por favor!!!!
call me stupid,but i can't get the hang of yer foto programme. i sent 'em to you via e-mail just now.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Pedro wrote:i have never had it with corn although that seems common. this was the red broth and tripa which i prefer to the blanco. i like tripa from several difernt ethnicities. i have never had a bad menudo here in mexico. nor a bad taco tripa. give me any o' them over that crap whooper some people drive to the aeropuerto for-SNORK!

But, then, you will never know since you are afraid to undertake the adventure of driving to the airport because there are Mexicans out there sharing the road with you on their way to (shudder) the big, confusing city of Guadalajarea who might run into you on the way.

For those of you less inclined to dwell in your Lakeside shell than the used furniture polisher from the north woods, the Guadalajara Airport (Terminal One) offers a corner where you can enjoy a Cheese Whopper or other culinary delights, a Krispy Kreme Doughnut and a margarita while seated in comfort awaiting your flight or just for the hell of it or perhaps you would prefer to ingest knobby intestinal linings with residual unpurged warthog excrement while sitting in a dive swilling Corona and conversing with the shrimp Peter of The Frozen Tundra who never met a gastrointestinal tract that failed to make him salivate.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Tripe (cow belly) = panza or pancita
intestine = tripa

Menudo is made with pancita as its main ingredient although some throw other organ meats in the pot. I have never seen it served with tripa (intestines).
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Blackeye Jeeez... he made me watch him eat that stuff... now ya'll wanna hash it over an over.... Shocked
hmmmmrummphhhhh... I gotta go... be right hrmmmffff back......................................
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Cows have 4 stomachs but usually only 3 are used in preparing menudo, callo (my preference), libro and cacarizo. Menudo rojo traditionally served in Guadalajara doesn't contain maiz pozolero.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Taint a Sissy....
I just don't Eat Bugs an Guts an Such
U French Guys with yer Snails, Frogs, and Runny Cheese are right in there with them that
eat Monkey Brains an Centipedes

Not a Sissy... not a Blithering Idiot Either

Each To Is Own Says I Beer .... But Do I Halfta Watch?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Actually what we call tripes in France is stomach meat as well. We usually only eat 3 stomachs, the 4th is called caillette and we tend not to use it.
It is easy to recognize the smell , which I hate.
My cousin made me buy some in January because she loves tripes but I could not even bear being in the kitchen with her.
Some people eat a lot of organ meat in France and it is very popular from brains to sweebreads heart liver colorado mutton balls, name it they eat it and I will not touch itTo each its own.

;onkey brains are were outlawed way back thank Goodness. I eat bugs , no problem with that, I will eat snails although I think the effort it takes to prepare them is not worth it .

The type of cheeses we eat in France is an acquire taste not many foreigners like them but I could live off them. We used to eat the really runny camembert with maggots in them , did not bother us a bit.

Last edited by brigitte on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:16 pm

brigitte wrote:He ate it just to show you what a sisi you are and what a man he is like if eating organ meat is a sign of anything...

Well it is a popular dish and it was on the menu so it isn't unusual for people in Frida's to order it. My wife likes it and she certainly isn't manly! Today we had pig's feet as part of our meal.

I have always like offal since I partook it at my grandfather's table as a young boy. Kidney, tripe, liver, thinly sliced cold heart sandwiches or crusty fried brain sandwiches with homemade mustard on fresh baked bread.

Down here they do it even better.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:20 pm

[quote="slainte39"]
Pedro wrote:picitures to follow when i ready or i give 'em to bob ta post. jist ta piss 6 fingers off- i et a breakfast dish but at around 2pm so i is calling it comida. menudo rojo which were excelente by the way.

He even shared, and he is dead right, the best menudo I've tasted in quite a while.

Oh My God. The thought of actually eating menudo is repulsive enough but sharing the dish with Pedro is beyond imagnation. I hope when he scooped it out of the bowl for you to sip, you partook of the gruel from his right hand because the laft hand has other, more utilitarian uses.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Just making fun of Pedro ,women and men eat ofals in France, pig´s feet is another popular one too, in Paris the fashion was to go and eat pigs feet at Les Halles around 2 or 3 in the morning adter the theater. Another dish I can do without. My grand mother made some mean spleen too..yuk...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next