INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente

+13
ComputerGuy
sparks
Zedinmexico
seisdedos
hound dog
Intercasa
David
joec
gringal
Trailrunner
Chapala Payaso
Jim W
gravy
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente Empty what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente

Post by gravy Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 pm

[b]
I love Maya the mud pie ( I never wash her) ..... she's a 98 Ford Windstar with only 107 K miles ....before I brought her down , I had new breaks, tires , shocks, belts, radiator, hoses and a fuel filter put on ....recently aligned (didn't need it )..... she has auto, air , elect windows and door locks ....with the seats in , she's a bus , with the seats out she's a lockable truck ....a PERFECT Mexican car ....I don't want to loose her BUT ....

After getting my "permanente" , I was told by Ajijic immigration and legal that when I get my card ( 6-8 weeks ) that I have 90 days to remove it from Mexico ....it seems I have the following options:

1) I can junk it .....no money towards a Mexican replacement

2)I can donate it to the Red Cross ....again , no money

3)drive it to the border and sell it ....wouldn't cover the trip

4) ride and hide

5) sell it o a Mexican on the QT ....they seem to have their own ways

I really thought this was to be my last car .....I want her to have a good ending ....any ideas how I can keep her ? ...there's a real emotional bond going on here folks ...she's the only gal in my life at the moment ...LOL
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente Empty Re: what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Gravy, Tonight's a new night....You might get lucky and find a new ride....LOL......give me a call, I can help on the QT Mexican sale!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente Empty Re: what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente

Post by Chapala Payaso Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Get it legally Mexican plated. PM me if interessted for a legal contact.

Chapala Payaso
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm

Hey Gravy. I'm facing the totally same situation in a few months too. I love my car too, it's a perfect Mexican car.

My first preference is the ride and hide one. Do you happen to know what the fine or punishment would be if you got caught driving it?

Then my second choice would be to sell it to a Mexican and let them 'chocolate' it. Which leads me to ask. . .what will they do? They'll just buy some out of state plates at San Juan de Dios and slap them on the car and carry on. Why don't I just do that?????

Guess the number one question is what are the consequences of getting caught driving it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 pm

I recently heard that if you're permanente, and aren't working in Mexico, you can keep your U.S. plated car. Talk to Spencer. Cheaper than either giving it away or paying too much to get it legal. Besides, if you sell it on the q.t. to a Mexican, you are responsible FOREVER for anything that it's involved in....like a fatal accident.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:48 pm

gringal wrote:I recently heard that if you're permanente, and aren't working in Mexico, you can keep your U.S. plated car. Talk to Spencer. Cheaper than either giving it away or paying too much to get it legal. Besides, if you sell it on the q.t. to a Mexican, you are responsible FOREVER for anything that it's involved in....like a fatal accident.

You are correct on the QT issue..Gringal..don't know what I was thinking.... did the QT sale, however, the owner died, and no paperwork involved.what to do with NOB car now that I'm permanente 403670
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Why if you aren't working, Gringal, do you know? And do you know if there is any age restrictions or lenience?

Yes, selling it on the sly would be very risky. But then so would putting hot plates on it.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm

gravy wrote:[b]
I love Maya the mud pie ( I never wash her) ..... she's a 98 Ford Windstar with only 107 K miles ....before I brought her down , I had new breaks, tires , shocks, belts, radiator, hoses and a fuel filter put on ....recently aligned (didn't need it )..... she has auto, air , elect windows and door locks ....with the seats in , she's a bus , with the seats out she's a lockable truck ....a PERFECT Mexican car ....I don't want to loose her BUT ....

After getting my "permanente" , I was told by Ajijic immigration and legal that when I get my card ( 6-8 weeks ) that I have 90 days to remove it from Mexico ....it seems I have the following options:

1) I can junk it .....no money towards a Mexican replacement

2)I can donate it to the Red Cross ....again , no money

3)drive it to the border and sell it ....wouldn't cover the trip

4) ride and hide

5) sell it o a Mexican on the QT ....they seem to have their own ways

I really thought this was to be my last car .....I want her to have a good ending ....any ideas how I can keep her ? ...there's a real emotional bond going on here folks ...she's the only gal in my life at the moment ...LOL

Spencer would be best to weigh in and answer this.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Why if you aren't working, Gringal, do you know? And do you know if there is any age restrictions or lenience?

Yes, selling it on the sly would be very risky. But then so would putting hot plates on it.

You can find a reference to this on www.mexconnect.com At a big meeting in Mazatlan last week and Aduana official said that if you were a "Rentista" Permanente you could keep your car. Rentista is "pensioner" or retired person.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

[quote="Trailrunner"

My first preference is the ride and hide one. Do you happen to know what the fine or punishment would be if you got caught driving it?

Guess the number one question is what are the consequences of getting caught driving it. [/quote]

my understanding is they take your car and you walk home .....further legal repercussions unknown
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Ooof. lol That doesn't sound good. I'm going with what David said.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:20 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Why if you aren't working, Gringal, do you know? And do you know if there is any age restrictions or lenience?

I read that on Mexconnect, from a poster who usually has the straight of it. For retired rather than working, there may be some grandfathering.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 pm

dave's site had everything but a reference to the problem at hand ....couldn't find anything except something from the early 2000's
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 pm

I have seen no official word yet, just lots of speculation and contradictory responses from different government people all over Mexico so I really do not wish to give any opinion as I would have nothing to back it up with.

Using logic which doesn´t necessarily apply in many places these days the permanente would not be able to have a foreign plated car as it is the equivalent of inmigrado who could not have a foreign plated car. Rumors before were that rules would be published today but just like the other rumors, nothing came out. I am not holding my breath.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 pm

If you sell your car to anyone, Mexican citizen or extranjero without first exporting it at the border, you will be forever personally liable for any damages to anyone at any time forever as a result of any negligent act by the person to whom you sold the car or any person in the line of ownership from then on no matter how many times title changes hands or who is driving when the act for which liability is incurred occurs. If any driver down the line gets drunk and injures or kills someone, you are liable for that since, as far as Mexico is concerned, you still are the owner of that car with that VIN Number.

I overcame this problem by selling my California plated vehicle to some Mexican friends. We drove the vehicle from Lake Chapala to Nuevo Laredo where I went to aduana and exported the vehicle. I never crossed into the United States as there was no need to do so. I then walked out of aduana and sold the vehicle to my Mexican friend who had accompanied me to the border. He then nationalized the vehicle or so he told me but I didn´t care as I had legally exported the vehicle in accoradnce with the law and no longer was the owner of record. By the way, a couple of years later, he loaned the vehicle to his brother in Oaxaca and his brother proceeded to get loaded and wrecked the car totalling it in a ditch. He could have hurt or killed someone in the process but he was lucky. That´s what can happen so play by the rules.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 pm

gravy wrote:dave's site had everything but a reference to the problem at hand ....couldn't find anything except something from the early 2000's

Try this http://www.mexconnect.com/cgi-bin/forums/gforum.cgipost=185568;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread I'm sorry I can't find the specific post I was referring to but there's plenty of info on INM, Visa, and cars on Mexconnet. Dig.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm

hound dog wrote:If you sell your car to anyone, Mexican citizen or extranjero without first exporting it at the border, you will be forever personally liable for any damages to anyone at any time forever as a result of any negligent act by the person to whom you sold the car or any person in the line of ownership from then on no matter how many times title changes hands or who is driving when the act for which liability is incurred occurs. If any driver down the line gets drunk and injures or kills someone, you are liable for that since, as far as Mexico is concerned, you still are the owner of that car with that VIN Number.

I overcame this problem by selling my California plated vehicle to some Mexican friends. We drove the vehicle from Lake Chapala to Nuevo Laredo where I went to aduana and exported the vehicle. I never crossed into the United States as there was no need to do so. I then walked out of aduana and sold the vehicle to my Mexican friend who had accompanied me to the border. He then nationalized the vehicle or so he told me but I didn´t care as I had legally exported the vehicle in accoradnce with the law and no longer was the owner of record. By the way, a couple of years later, he loaned the vehicle to his brother in Oaxaca and his brother proceeded to get loaded and wrecked the car totalling it in a ditch. He could have hurt or killed someone in the process but he was lucky. That´s what can happen so play by the rules.

Exactly as I understand it. I will do this when I sell my vehicle and pay the way for the person buying it, hotel and food to the border.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:32 am

My first response to hound dog did not deserve to be deleted. It was a legitimate question about something that has been repeated frequently on Mexico themed message boards and has no basis in fact.

You are NOT personally responsible for damages in perpetuity for the actions of another in a vehicle that you have sold here. If anyone feels that I am mistaken then I simply ask them to show the legal precedent and not internet hearsay.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 am

It is my understanding ( like Gringal) that the old FM2 rentista allowed one to have
a gringo plated car. FM2 work you could not. I don't think anything has every
changed car rules wise. However "who knows" as Spenser says for the new
visa names so the rules could have changed even though customs says no
changes. LOL. I bought a Mexican car and couldn't be happier once the paperwork
was done. Finding a good used car down here is the biggest problem. Luckily a
gringa was tired of here too small car so I picked it up but three people were
waiting behind me to buy it. Creampuffs are very dear here especially if a
small car like Micra's, Yaris etc.

Good Luck

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:35 am

Never heard there is a Permanente Rentista classification. Permanente includes Lucrativa.

I'll probably keep on driving if it is still running because we don't have molesting traficos in our area
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 am

sparks wrote:Never heard there is a Permanente Rentista classification. Permanente includes Lucrativa.

I'll probably keep on driving if it is still running because we don't have molesting traficos in our area

So is Permanente Lucrativa the only perm catagory with the new system versus the Rentista/Lucrativa versions of FM2?

If the answer is yes I assume Lucrativa means we get work rights with our Permanente??

It would explain much of the confusion on the permanente gringo car thing.

I think there is a missing document from the Feds that defines retired people or thats what they say when folks have asked
customs about the rules. They did say no change before, now they don't know.

I guess we wait.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 am

seisdedos wrote:My first response to hound dog did not deserve to be deleted. It was a legitimate question about something that has been repeated frequently on Mexico themed message boards and has no basis in fact.

You are NOT personally responsible for damages in perpetuity for the actions of another in a vehicle that you have sold here. If anyone feels that I am mistaken then I simply ask them to show the legal precedent and not internet hearsay.

But if you can't prove the car was sold can't you get dragged into something bad?? In Oregon you could be held liable if you did not go online and tell
the state you sold the car. You might get a fine also. If you lost the paperwork and had no proof of the transaction you might be held liable if the person
did not register the vehicle in his name. I bet if the car did something wrong in Mexico and the person who bought it didn't register it they would come
see you first and you better have your paperwork. I would also take a picture of the person buying your car to protect yourself since I do not believe
you can notify Jalisco DMV about you selling your car online to protect yourself. I have no idea what the law is in Mexico but I think a large dose of
common sense and trust no one is the way to go. When I bought a local used Jalisco vehicle from a Gringa I emailed her a copy of my new registration
which shows transfer was completed so she had proof of a completed registration process.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:57 am

Zed is correct: You are personally responsible for damages in perpetuity for the actions of another in a vehicle that you have sold here if you cannot prove the sale, and prove that it was a legal sale. I've known my fair share of people who could not, and suffered horribly within the system here when accidents happened.

However, not too many of us here feel like scrounging around looking for proof for something everyone already knows, just because you don't believe it, seisdedos.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:04 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Zed is correct: You are personally responsible for damages in perpetuity for the actions of another in a vehicle that you have sold here if you cannot prove the sale, and prove that it was a legal sale. I've known my fair share of people who could not, and suffered horribly within the system here when accidents happened.

However, not too many of us here feel like scrounging around looking for proof for something everyone already knows, just because you don't believe it, seisdedos.

Whether hound dogs post was completely accurate or not, and I trust it is, I would NEVER want to be responsible for someone elses negligence in an auto accident. ALWAYS play on the safe side. Do the right thing and protect yourself.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:37 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Zed is correct: You are personally responsible for damages in perpetuity for the actions of another in a vehicle that you have sold here if you cannot prove the sale, and prove that it was a legal sale. I've known my fair share of people who could not, and suffered horribly within the system here when accidents happened.

Yeah, I'll just take your word for it. Because everything people post on a message board is infallible.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next