INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

permanente

+6
David
juanrey
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
gringal
itsme
10 posters

Go down

permanente Empty permanente

Post by itsme Sat May 21, 2016 3:54 pm

I will be going permanente soon and would like to know what I need to do and what I need to have. Someone told me we now have to go back to the state and country we came from to apply. I thought that is only for getting a new temporal. Does anyone know exactly what is what? TIA

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

permanente Empty Re: permanente

Post by gringal Sat May 21, 2016 4:11 pm

itsme wrote:I will be going permanente soon and would like to know what I need to do and what I need to have. Someone told me we now have to go back to the state and country we came from to apply. I thought that is only for getting a new temporal. Does anyone know exactly what is what? TIA

Bad information. You don't need to go back. You might want to spend a little time and money with a facilitator to get your paperwork together.
Good luck.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Yep, go see Spencer. Don't rely on info from web boards for such important matters.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sat May 21, 2016 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat May 21, 2016 5:18 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep, go see Spencer. Don't rely on info from web boards for such important matters.

I used Spencer and it was well worth it.  Days before the permanente was supposed to go through, we had a family funeral in the states to attend. He took care of making it all work.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 22, 2016 7:12 am

Use the Spence!  Yea we didn't use him to change our address one time. It took my wife two trips and four hours to change our address.  It was an interesting experience but we will use Spencer next time. The Spencer we are talking about is a Lawyer in Chapala.  We also have a Spencer at S&S autos that is referred to for car purchasing and such. Sometimes it get confusing with two Spencers.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2016 7:28 am

Spencer will take care of all your worries! Well worth what "little" he charges IMHO....

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sun May 22, 2016 8:52 am

Sometimes people want to go the cheapest route and try to do things themselves, and when they run into trouble they'll be the first ones to call and expect immediate service.

Spencer is in the business of helping people thread their way through a foreign system and bureaucracy. For that he charges a modest fee, and for that fee clients get treated well with very little hassle.

It seems to me a smart person would pay for Spencer's assistance whenever they need to so that when you do have a serious problem they have someone that they know, who knows them, and will hopefully guide them through it.

Wills, visas, lease reviews, problems with employees, you name it he either can handle it for you or will tell you where to go. And the guy gives tons of free advice here on the boards. So I personally think it is in our own best interests to support him and use him whenever we need help.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun May 22, 2016 10:25 am

I agree. Spencer and his staff have been providing us good service on a wide variety of issues for many years. All well worth the small fees he charges.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun May 22, 2016 11:04 am

I DO use Spencer, have for almost seven years or more, I guess. I was not asking for legal help, I just wanted to know if something had changed and one now needs to go back north in order to get the permanente. Of course, if that were to be true, no need to see Spencer as he cannot help there. I was also wondering what information/paperwork is required, etc. Denigrating those who do not use Spencer is not very kind as there are many who do not need help and are able to do all this on their own with no problems.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 22, 2016 11:14 am

I didn't hear any denigration of those who don't use Spencer. Anyone who can do all this on his/her own is to be congratulated!  I couldn't.

However, trying to find the answer to your question from posters on a web board and relying on it for further action is probably not as reliable as asking a lawyer, whose business it is to know the official word.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 pm

If you are temporary. You and your US plated car must go back to US to get a new temporary at a consulate than you can bring your car back. You have to go to immigration to finish your temp once you arrive. Consulate will just put a stamp in your passport.

IF you want to be permanente you can do that while here if you have four years temp/FM3.

No one is denigrating you. They are offering you the best advice which is to get legal advice as these are legal questions. I gave answers to one of your questions above but remember you got the info off a webboard.

What paperwork you need is online on the mexican immigrations website use google translate if needed.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocelot Sun May 22, 2016 12:11 pm

I did my own permanente in January. The first thing I did was go right to INM a couple of weeks before my temporal expired to ask them exactly what was required. They gave me a printed sheet listing the documents required, number of copies and the date I should return to start the process. I had no problems at all.
Ocelot
Ocelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sun May 22, 2016 12:47 pm

And remember who gave you the VERY incorrect advise about returning NOB and consider that next time that person offers advise in the future.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Ocelot wrote:I did my own permanente in January.  The first thing I did was go right to INM a couple of weeks before my temporal expired to ask them exactly what was required.  They gave me a printed sheet listing the documents required, number of copies and the date I should return to start the process.  I had no problems at all.

This is the best advice of all the posts....just go to the "office" of whatever procedure you are trying to accomplish and get the information from the horse's mouth.  I can 't see why anyone has to hire an attorney for routine mandatory obligations unless you just want to be catered to and don't want to put out the effort.  
You will never learn to walk on your own (like living in Mexico), if you don't throw away the crutches.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Sun May 22, 2016 1:56 pm

My time is valuable since I do not know how much more I have... I use Spencer for all those potential time consuming bouts with the local bureaucracy... For the small amounts he charges the time and blood pressure savings are worth it .... I came here for a hassle free retirement and Spencer is ensuring that I have it....

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 22, 2016 2:02 pm

Then you need the crutches.....OK, fine with me.
I was just opining my take. as DIY person.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 22, 2016 2:07 pm

slainte39 wrote:Then you need the crutches.....OK, fine with me.
I was just opining my take. as DIY person.

....a DIY who speaks fluently in, and understands, Spanish. I think the "crutches" analogy is a tad harsh. More like a "hand up" when some of the curbs are too high, maybe?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Yeah, I'll concede that....maybe pushing a little too hard as old coaches tend to do.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun May 22, 2016 2:44 pm

I think we should send Slainte to Bejing (where he doesn't speak the language or fully understand the culture) and get him to "apply for residency" on his own........jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 22, 2016 2:46 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I think we should send Slainte to Bejing (where he doesn't speak the language or fully understand the culture) and get him to "apply for residency" on his own........jajaja.

Great image in mind's eye. Shocked Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun May 22, 2016 2:54 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I think we should send Slainte to Bejing (where he doesn't speak the language or fully understand the culture) and get him to "apply for residency" on his own........jajaja.

Take this to the octagon!!!....you've really pissed me off.... China???
I'll meet you at Min Wah and you can buy dinner.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun May 22, 2016 3:10 pm

slainte39 wrote:

Take this to the octagon!!!....you've really pissed me off.... China???
I'll meet you at Min Wah and you can buy dinner.

Min Wah? Don't be so cruel. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down