INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside

+21
Axixic
David
wheels
Luisa
Gamina
gringomojado
Big Daddy Mexico
hkrause
slainte39
Ms Mac
hound dog
hockables
Zedinmexico
Jerry00
MexicoPete
joec
CheenaGringo
Bartdude
CanuckBob
martygraw
Jim W
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside - Page 3 Empty Re: Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Back to the OP - there is hope on the horizon. A couple of members of TOB are up in arms about the foreign population being profiled and targeted. They are taking things under their advisement and are going to recruit the powers (?) at the US Consulate to bring proper pressure. Good luck with that concept!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside - Page 3 Empty Re: Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside

Post by wheels Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:40 pm

Relax, on TOB, this person is always up in arms about one thing or another. Drive the right speed limit and in La Floresta it means a slow crawl, but saw them stop a Mexican yesterday that passed everyone on the bicycle lane. Cop put the siren and lights on and finally stopped him.

wheels

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:37 pm

wheels wrote:Relax, on TOB, this person is always up in arms about one thing or another. Drive the right speed limit and in La Floresta it means a slow crawl, but saw them stop a Mexican yesterday that passed everyone on the bicycle lane. Cop put the siren and lights on and finally stopped him.

Wheels, was he on a bicycle? LMAO ....BTW HAPPY NEW YEAR
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 am

So I decided to pay the ticket in Chapala, arrived @ the office in Chapala only to find 50 plus waiting to pay their tickets....after 20 minutes 2 people were processed. I decided to go to my bank as listed on the back of the citation. WRONG....they can't accept payment with out some computer generated form. So I went to OXXO, as listed, along with Soriano and 7-11.

You guessed it Basta tickets can't be paid there either, as ticket doesn't have a bar code. SOOOO. I gave the citation a proper burial.....in the trash, since this vehicle has US plates, and will be sold NOB the next trip to Arizona. TFF
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 am

Jim W wrote:. I gave the citation a proper burial.....in the trash, since this vehicle has US plates, and will be sold NOB the next trip to Arizona. TFF

Well done!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:01 pm

benniedelux wrote:nothing. you're correct, i sometimes think i am on octagon. maybe the thread should be moved & the new topic, "spanish for the aged"? btw, you should have given the policeman 200 pesos, that would be easier, right? he could care less what language you speak.

I don't pay mordida, and it is the wrong thing to do! Basta The fine I would have paid.....320 +/-, but as stated earlier, after efforts to pay.....gave the citation a proper burial.....IN THE GARBAGE! Dead Horse
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:16 pm

You're right Jim I shouldn't have answered Bennie's post in this thread
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:14 pm

While not in favour of paying mordida I did cough up MX$ 500 to one motorcycle cop after being stopped for driving the wrong way on a one way street (well, parallel lane but same difference.) I realized it was exorbitant but he was "shopping" for things to bust me for and I figured he'd get around to my level of sobriety sooner or later so once a figure was floated I jumped at it.

Mia culpa, mi culpa, mia maxima culpa.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:19 pm

[quote="Axixic"]While not in favour of paying mordida I did cough up MX$ 500 to one motorcycle cop after being stopped for driving the wrong way on a one way street (well, parallel lane but same difference.) I realized it was exorbitant but he was "shopping" for things to bust me for and I figured he'd get around to my level of sobriety sooner or later so once a figure was floated I jumped at it.

[/quote]

You be a smart dude. No need to apologize to these ignorant honkies. Go with the flow.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks Dog - but wasn't apologizing. The "mia culpas" were just acknowledgement of guilt.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm

By tossing his ticket, I assume that Jim W has just volunteered to be the test case on whether or not they keep any type of records on tickets issued to NOB plated vehicles?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:By tossing his ticket, I assume that Jim W has just volunteered to be the test case on whether or not they keep any type of records on tickets issued to NOB plated vehicles?

YUUUUUP Beer Neil. after making attempts, I will pay it if busted! For all, while My attempt to pay was aborted after a 20 minute wait, which looked to be at least 2 hours, I noticed the mix was close to 50-50 expats to Mexican. 3 people I spoke to were there to pay for cell phone use violations.....50% discount fine was 91 pesos. It appears that a crackdown on all violations are the flavor of the month....at least @ Lakeside. Another I forgot to mention, 2 were cited for running a red light @ the Wal-Mart intersection. They turned right on green, however the east west light on the Caraterra heading toward Joco is approx. 50 feet past the intersection and is red to west bound traffic.

Last edited by Jim W on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Axixic wrote:While not in favour of paying mordida I did cough up MX$ 500 to one motorcycle cop after being stopped for driving the wrong way on a one way street (well, parallel lane but same difference.) I realized it was exorbitant but he was "shopping" for things to bust me for and I figured he'd get around to my level of sobriety sooner or later so once a figure was floated I jumped at it.

The only thring you did wrong was to pay too much. Seems like 200 pesos should have settled things.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Smartalex wrote:
Axixic wrote:While not in favour of paying mordida I did cough up MX$ 500 to one motorcycle cop after being stopped for driving the wrong way on a one way street (well, parallel lane but same difference.) I realized it was exorbitant but he was "shopping" for things to bust me for and I figured he'd get around to my level of sobriety sooner or later so once a figure was floated I jumped at it.

The only thring you did wrong was to pay too much. Seems like 200 pesos should have settled things.

I am sure you are right but didn't feel like I was in the best position to negotiate so when he threw out the $500 figure I grabbed the money out of my wallet and held it out. All's well that ends well, I guess.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:42 pm

"Canadian is accused of death of a person":

" Participated in a road accident where one man died and was remanded on charges of manslaughter by way of negligence, damage and injury things

GUADALAJARA, JALISCO (04/ENE/2013.) - An alien and a resident of the Region Cienega participated in a road accident where someone died, was declared formally imprisoned, without bail, they charged with a public prosecutor the municipality of Chapala.

The Attorney General of the State (PGJE) based in Chapala reported that the Criminal Court of the town issued formal arrest and opened the detention process Danielkewicz Ryan, 38 years old, resident of Agua Escondida fractionation in Ixtlahuacán Los Quinces, and a native of Maple Ridge, Canada.

The foreigner is accused of the crimes of homicide by way of negligence, damage and injury things. .......

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=5kXoUPO5INKzqAGbvYCoAw&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dinformador%26hl%3Den%26tbo%3Dd%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D610&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&twu=1&u=http://www.informador.com.mx/jalisco/2013/428134/6/canadiense-es-acusado-por-muerte-de-una-persona.htm&usg=ALkJrhjOeKEVND-XcttpFQs1XLliGvipSA

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:52 pm

A friend was just taken for $1300 pesos on a seat belt violation near WalMart. The cop claimed her paperwork wasn't in order and kept pretending that he was going to have the car towed. Her husband who has Alzheimers was in the car and was getting more and more agitated so she finally paid the bribe.

Wasn't it Sr. Dellgolado who said to call his office if they tried to tow your car?
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Spencer, if you're reading this, could you confirm what papers & documents we should have with us when driving, and whether they should be originals, copies, or notarized copies? We had FM3s and CURP done at your office, and I have the documents you recommended we carry, but now I'm hearing those may not always apply. Someone said an original FM3 is required when driving, and that the original car import papers are needed when driving in Guadalajara, but not Lakeside. Per your instructions, we're only carrying notarized copies of these, not originals. With the increase in activity and reports of threats to have cars towed, it would be reassuring to have a refresher course. Thanks!
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:20 pm

The first thing I would recommend to everyone is to follow all the traffic laws and wear your seat belts to avoid getting pulled over at all.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The first thing I would recommend to everyone is to follow all the traffic laws and wear your seat belts to avoid getting pulled over at all.

Bob, the validad is every where. They were pulling people over on both sides of the caratera earlier.....Cell phones are now a hot one.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Pulling them over for traffic violations is a good thing. Some of the antics I see from the local drivers is quite disburbing. I have no problem paying my tickets when I get busted. If it is against the law to talk on a cell phone while driving then don't do it. They bust you in Canada for that too.

Are you aware of anyone who has been pulled over and given a ticket or had to pay modida for absolutely no reason?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:53 pm

I have driven down the caraterra about 15 times in the past two days, driving a car that sticks out like a sore thumb. I passed many of these transitos. Some of them waved at me but none pulled me over. I was wearing my seat-belt, not speeding, using my signals and not talking on my cell phone.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Following the law is good, and I'm usually compliant. I do worry about doing something inadvertent that I get stopped for, then not having the correct documents. That's why I inquired. I will take the ticket for whatever I do wrong, but I don't want to go through additional hassle for not having papers that I should.

BTW, seatbelt always on automatically. My stepdad was a highway patrolman. Very Happy

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 pm

I am aware of the intimidation factor. I was pulled over for what I believe to be no reason....turning left coming out of Walmart east exit onto Caraterra, last week. After 20 minutes of refusing to pay Mordida, and insisting on the ticket, he gave up and left the scene.

When people pay Mordida, they encourage more shakedowns!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Hmmmm. I hope that's a legal left out of Walmart. I do it all the time (as does everyone else).

I have noticed a LOT more people pulled over lately, for whatever reasons. The holiday season, which in Mexican terms is from the 12th of December to the 6th of January, is heavy transito/enforcement season, for sure.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Hmmmm. I hope that's a legal left out of Walmart. I do it all the time (as does everyone else).

I have noticed a LOT more people pulled over lately, for whatever reasons. The holiday season, which in Mexican terms is from the 12th of December to the 6th of January, is heavy transito/enforcement season, for sure.

Rosa Venus, in 8 years, I have never seen this many police stops at Lakeside.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:16 pm

It's definitely a holiday tradrition and not just in Lakeside.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next