INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside

+21
Axixic
David
wheels
Luisa
Gamina
gringomojado
Big Daddy Mexico
hkrause
slainte39
Ms Mac
hound dog
hockables
Zedinmexico
Jerry00
MexicoPete
joec
CheenaGringo
Bartdude
CanuckBob
martygraw
Jim W
25 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside Empty Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Just got a ticket for no seat belt.. on Caraterra in La Floresta...New Fine is 10 times daily minimum wage.....starting to get a bit pricey....I remember getting one back in 2005.....20 pesos with 50% discount if paid within 10 days. Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside Empty Re: Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside

Post by martygraw Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:06 pm

The motercycle cop stoped me yesterday for not having my seatbelt done up. He asked for my drivers licence, I gave him my Mexican one, then asked for the car permit, I gave him the origional one, he then asked if I would like to pay the fine here or where I live in Jocotepec. I said I would pay the fine in Jocotepec, he then gave me back all my doc's and said "you did all the right things, have a nice day and please do up your seat belt" Times are a changing I guess.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside Empty Re: Police cranking up tickets @ Lakeside

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:58 pm

We went thru the same drill, however, gave him my Oregon license, permits, etc. He was in Validad Pick up (Gov., not local) Just surprised a seat belt infraction now exceeds 600 pesos! Pre discount!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Well the lesson here is to buckle up. Next time it may save your life.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartdude Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well the lesson here is to buckle up. Next time it may save your life.....

Excellent point Bob. I don't understand why anyone would drive without being buckled in!
Bartdude
Bartdude
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Almost nuthin better than a good laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Bartdude wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Well the lesson here is to buckle up. Next time it may save your life.....

Excellent point Bob. I don't understand why anyone would drive without being buckled in!

Maybe because a friend died, and they were getting in and out of their rig dealing with police, coroner, and over whelmed with the moment! middle finger
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Jim is just such a rebel!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Sorry, I am in a FU mode right now! Under the circumstances......MY BAD...no belt! Blackeye
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Sorry Jim, our posts crossed. Sorry that you lost a friend today!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm

No problem Neil......Thank You!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Along similar lines, there was an article in INFORMADOR this week about the photo radar cameras installed throughout the greater Guadalajara area. Apparently only a bit over 50% are actually paying their fines but they seem to be rationalizing their effectiveness by stating lower accident rates and fewer deaths in the areas with cameras.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:23 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Along similar lines, there was an article in INFORMADOR this week about the photo radar cameras installed throughout the greater Guadalajara area. Apparently only a bit over 50% are actually paying their fines but they seem to be rationalizing their effectiveness by stating lower accident rates and fewer deaths in the areas with cameras.

Those cameras are a lot of BS. You can't see them when you're driving along Lazaro Cadenas. EVERYONE is exceeding the speed limit. Good luck collecting from US plated cars.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 pm

OK, John:

Let us say that a US plated car gets a photo ticket but never pays because they have no way to track down their address. How about you getting pulled over when driving in Guadalajara and they run your plate. That would be the same one caught on a photo radar ticket. What now?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:54 pm

And I heard from a friend that this is happening, Neil. (at least to one person he knows.) What happened I am not allowed to post, but let us just say that it was an expensive experience.

Sadly right now, I'm up North in Seattle where it's sunny but damn cold. Well at least the Seahawks won. There I go again :) complaining about the bad weather. This time I'm going to come back earlier rather than ranting about the bad weather. [And getting teased about it :) ]

I'm in process of going "permanente" so soon if they change the law it will be time to get a Mexican plated car anyway. ( or as many Mexicans do, continue to drive my "Chocolate" and occasionally, very occasionally, pay mordida
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:36 am

CheenaGringo wrote:OK, John:

Let us say that a US plated car gets a photo ticket but never pays because they have no way to track down their address. How about you getting pulled over when driving in Guadalajara and they run your plate. That would be the same one caught on a photo radar ticket. What now?

The chance of that is slim to none plus I'm one of the very few who obey the speed limit. And I don't have a front plate to be photographed.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:49 am

Oh how little you know John.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:57 am

MexicoPete wrote:Oh how little you know John.

They can't trace US plates in Mexico nor tickets given to a US driver with US plates. I know someone who says he throws his tickets away and laughs about it.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 am

And when your friend gets picked up and the police do a radio check, what happens then, John? And John, are you familiar with the camera systems, the type that point in both directions? (Like they do in many places in the world)

I would suggest you check with someone like Spencer before giving such advice.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry00 Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:16 am

Sorry Pete, this time I have to agree with JoeC. During my twenty years of living in Mexico and receiving many tickets. I have never paid them. The feds are a diferent story. They will hold your license until the fine is paid which is a big problem. Everytime I have been stopped by them they said I could pay them instead of following them to their station. Corruption never ends here

Jerry00
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:42 am

joec wrote:
CheenaGringo wrote:OK, John:

The chance of that is slim to none plus I'm one of the very few who obey the speed limit. And I don't have a front plate to be photographed.

I don't know how the mexican machines work but some systems work off the back plate. Not saying I know but do we know ???

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:25 am

MexicoPete wrote:And when your friend gets picked up and the police do a radio check, what happens then, John? And John, are you familiar with the camera systems, the type that point in both directions? (Like they do in many places in the world)

I would suggest you check with someone like Spencer before giving such advice.

Blackeye Does Spencer get a lot of Speeding Tickets?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 am

I have received a photo radar ticket here and the picture is off the back plate not the front plate.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 am

CanuckBob wrote:I have received a photo radar ticket here and the picture is off the back plate not the front plate.

Even if the picture is off the back plate, is their system configured to tie it to the owners car, ie: insurance policy with name and address? I'm not saying you should avoid paying tickets as we have paid the very few we have received in 11 years, maybe 2.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:07 am

joec wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I have received a photo radar ticket here and the picture is off the back plate not the front plate.

Even if the picture is off the back plate, is their system configured to tie it to the owners car, ie: insurance policy with name and address? I'm not saying you should avoid paying tickets as we have paid the very few we have received in 11 years, maybe 2.

For a Few Pennies .... I'm sure Mexican Authorities could get any and all Info from US Databanks to issue you your well deserved Speeding Ticket...after that, they may send a Tow Truck to haul your South Dakota Plated Hunk O Junk back across the Rio...

just say'n is all...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 am

hockables wrote:
joec wrote:

For a Few Pennies .... I'm sure Mexican Authorities could get any and all Info from US Databanks to issue you your well deserved Speeding Ticket...after that, they may send a Tow Truck to haul your South Dakota Plated Hunk O Junk back across the Rio...

just say'n is all...

hocks - My car is not registered in the US, so good luck with that. Tow my car from where??? Anyway as I said above, I don't speed or break the law like so many others do here.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next