INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPS drop place

3 posters

Go down

UPS drop place Empty UPS drop place

Post by The Postman Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Just recieved a UPS express and a return envelope was included for UPS. Who handles UPS in the area or is there a number to schedule a package pickup?
thanks in advance

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

UPS drop place Empty Re: UPS drop place

Post by The Postman Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

answered my own question. Mail box,etc. The UPS envelope took one day from the state and had prepaid return UPS envelope inside...mailbox etc. took it for no charge and made a copy so I had the tracking number..great service

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

oops the state was MN

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:33 pm

The Postman wrote:oops the state was MN

You can have UPS pick up/deliver from your home address 5 days a week.

I NEVER use Mailboxes etc. They charge too much for UPS and Fed Ex packages.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Sol y Luna also offers UPS service. Plus, as John said, you can schedule home pickup and delivery if you live in the municipality of Chapala.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:02 am

I was mainly looking for a local drop place for UPS. I called UPS 800 number and was told by Mexican UPS I had to drive to Guad to drop the envelope off. UPS also couldn't or wouldn't tell me if there was a pickup charge but would be around sometime in the afternoon. I like the foreign films in the afternoon at LCS and didn't want to wait between 1 and 6 pm for a pickup. There is far too much to do around here to sit for 5 hours waiting.
I did bring stamps and priority envelopes down so I could mail it at LCS on Thursday when I went to the movie but that was $5.15 out of my pocket and the UPS envelope was prepaid.
I also called Sol y Luna yesterday and they said they didn't handle UPS only FED EX.
After all this I drove to Super Lake for some goods and noticed the sign in Mailboxes Etc.'s window that said they handled UPS. I took my envelope in and the young lady at the counter was friendly and helpful.When she took the envelope from me she asked if I had the tracking number written down. When I said no she made a quick copy of the label so I had the tracking number with no charge. I left with a good feeling about the service there and posted as such.

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:12 am

The Postman wrote: I was mainly looking for a local drop place for UPS. I called UPS 800 number and was told by Mexican UPS I had to drive to Guad to drop the envelope off. UPS also couldn't or wouldn't tell me if there was a pickup charge but would be around sometime in the afternoon. I like the foreign films in the afternoon at LCS and didn't want to wait between 1 and 6 pm for a pickup. There is far too much to do around here to sit for 5 hours waiting.
I did bring stamps and priority envelopes down so I could mail it at LCS on Thursday when I went to the movie but that was $5.15 out of my pocket and the UPS envelope was prepaid.
I also called Sol y Luna yesterday and they said they didn't handle UPS only FED EX.
After all this I drove to Super Lake for some goods and noticed the sign in Mailboxes Etc.'s window that said they handled UPS. I took my envelope in and the young lady at the counter was friendly and helpful.When she took the envelope from me she asked if I had the tracking number written down. When I said no she made a quick copy of the label so I had the tracking number with no charge. I left with a good feeling about the service there and posted as such.

If you ever do want them to do a pick up, they pick up in Ajijic between 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM daily. They are ALWAYS on time. I have done a lot and I mean a lot of business with UPS sending many packages to the States.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:53 am

how do I contact them?

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:45 am

The Postman wrote:how do I contact them?

Toll Free Tel.: 01-800-90-29200

Ask for English speaking person. If you are shipping a parcel, they want the size in cm, approx weight in kg and destination. Ask if they still offer $ 100 US free insurance. If your product is valuable ALWAYS insure it.

I have sent up to $ 700 US in Japanese antiques to the US and always insured it.

If it's breakable wrap it with 3 layers of bubble wrap and cushion all sides and corners with newspaper crunched up.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:10 pm

thank you

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down