INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S**t Southern Women Say

+6
hound dog
kipissippi
little italy
merry
joec
CheenaGringo
10 posters

Go down

S**t Southern Women Say Empty S**t Southern Women Say

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:47 pm

A trip down the yellow brick road for the Dawg and an education for John to understand what to expect in North Carolina:

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

S**t Southern Women Say Empty Re: S**t Southern Women Say

Post by joec Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:09 pm

TOO FUNNY! ROTFLMAO........

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Cute.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by little italy Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm

don't see where the connection is with John, he is gay, and no I am not from Carolina.

little italy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm

John has stated in the past that they are moving to North Carolina when the house sells. Has nothing to do with him being gay but he will run into these types in grocery stores, restaurants and on the street. They are very special women and given time, they will let you know that fact. For example, we were standing in line waiting to get into a restaurant for breakfast in Gatlinburg, TN when a group of this type from the Carolinas attempted to butt to the front of the line. People jumped their case to which they replied: "we never stand in a line at home"! The line was comprised of tourists from all over and gave the "Southern gals" a verbal lesson. To which they replied: "Well we never!" and stormed off.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Get used to hearing "Bless your heart!" because it is as useful as the word "y'all." Here's a good definition:

"A term used prior to ridiculing, insulting the sensibilities of, or pointing out the shortcomings of someone. Used to soften the blow of a statement, and can render nearly any comment, no matter how brash or distasteful, socially acceptable.

Wife- Honey, do these jeans make me look fat?

Husband- Bless your heart, dear, but you've been a whale for the last ten years and I still can hardly believe you haven't imploded into a black hole due to the force of your gravity yet, so no matter what you wear, you'll still be a walking pork rind.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bless+your+heart

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Oh yeah.....I'm living smack dab in the middle of it all. S**t Southern Women Say 851398
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:01 am

CheenaGringo wrote:John has stated in the past that they are moving to North Carolina when the house sells. Has nothing to do with him being gay but he will run into these types in grocery stores, restaurants and on the street. They are very special women and given time, they will let you know that fact. For example, we were standing in line waiting to get into a restaurant for breakfast in Gatlinburg, TN when a group of this type from the Carolinas attempted to butt to the front of the line. People jumped their case to which they replied: "we never stand in a line at home"! The line was comprised of tourists from all over and gave the "Southern gals" a verbal lesson. To which they replied: "Well we never!" and stormed off.

A clever anecdote, Neil; however, there is, of course, no tradition in the southern U.S. of allowing women to break line for any reason at any event or to enter any business so, if I were the reader I would not waste time fretting about whether or not local customs in the U.S. South dictate allowing anyone to cut line unless they are clearly handicapped and in need of immediate assistance. Since I know you and believe that you would not relate an apocryphal story as an actual event, I believe this incident happened but I wish to assure all of you that this would be an unusual occurrence and, if you ever are waiting in a public line for any reason while in the south, you may feel free to confront anyone so crass as to break the line - a behavior that would be considered the height of rudeness in that region and an entirely "unladylike" breaking of the unwritten social contract.

The real thing to avoid when visiting Gatlinburg, TN is to dine in any restaurant where people, whether locals or tourists, line up and wait to be served breakfast. I am reminded of an old Dick Gregory joke from the 1970s where he commented that the real test of bravery of the Freedom Riders back in the 1960s was not their willingness to stand up to the mob of white racists confronting and threatening them at the Greyhound Bus Terminal lunch counter in Montgomery but their willingness to actually eat the dreadful food served at the lunch counter at a Greyhound Bus Station anywhere in the south.

The only place I´ve ever traveled in the world where women were actually expected to break the line was at cinema houses in India back in the 60s and I think that was because the local guys routinely physically pawed any woman crass enough to wait in line at the cinema so the tradition had evolved that women automatically went to the front of the line when going to the movies. I think they also had segregated seating but am not sure of that. By the way, the movies there were raucous affairs with the audience constantly shouting and throwing popcorn at the screen.

I was unable to view that video above because my sound system is not working this morning but I look forward to viewing the video later.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:58 am

Lawd ha mercy, I think I know a few of them southern gals.

Newsflash, durn is no longer in their vocabulary, they have graduated to New Yawk style cursin' y'all.

ROTFLMAO!!!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Dawg:

As you may or not know, Gatlinburg is not only a tourist town but also a hot spot for conventions and trade shows. In this particular case, there was a National trade show and the town was taxed because of everyone wishing to eat prior to the show opening. Standing in line for breakfast was the accepted norm.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Dawg:

As you may or not know, Gatlinburg is not only a tourist town but also a hot spot for conventions and trade shows. In this particular case, there was a National trade show and the town was taxed because of everyone wishing to eat prior to the show opening. Standing in line for breakfast was the accepted norm.[/quote]

That, however, does not explain how these floozies thought they could choke on cheese grits, ham hocks, poke salat, eggs over easy, Karo Syrup, corn pone, Tabasco Sauce, turnip fritters, red-eye gravy and Tennessee Sippin´ Whiskey before Reverend Billy Bob showed up and condemned everybody eating there to hell before those other other losers got served at the Gatlinburg Holiday Inn with a view of whatever river flows through that foothill craphole. There must be a better destination.

The trade shows must have put a strain on RVs available that week in Des Moines.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:00 pm

hound dog wrote:[quote="CheenaGringo"]Dawg:

As you may or not know, Gatlinburg is not only a tourist town but also a hot spot for conventions and trade shows. In this particular case, there was a National trade show and the town was taxed because of everyone wishing to eat prior to the show opening. Standing in line for breakfast was the accepted norm.

That, however, does not explain how these floozies thought they could choke on cheese grits, ham hocks, poke salat, eggs over easy, Karo Syrup, corn pone, Tabasco Sauce, turnip fritters, red-eye gravy and Tennessee Sippin´ Whiskey before Reverend Billy Bob showed up and condemned everybody eating there to hell before those other other losers got served at the Gatlinburg Holiday Inn with a view of whatever river flows through that foothill craphole. There must be a better destination.

The trade shows must have put a strain on RVs available that week in Des Moines.[/quote]

As Billyboy Clinton used to say. Don't come a knockin' if the trailer's a rockin'. Beer
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:33 pm

E-raq wrote:
hound dog wrote:[quote="CheenaGringo"]Dawg:

The trade shows must have put a strain on RVs available that week in Des Moines.

I declare.... did someone say sumptin about Ham Hocks? Beer

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:48 pm

"I declare.... did someone say sumptin about Ham Hocks?"

It´s not "I declare" but "Ah do decla´uh, yáll" as in, "Well, Ah do decla´uh, yáll (spoken around the luncheon table at the Elite Cafe, (pronounced "E-light") by well-heeled upper-middle class white ladies from the adjacent hinterlands getting drunk at lunch at Montgomery´s most esteemed restaurant in 1957 (and actually quite a good place for fine Gulf seafood and extra dry martinis served in coffee cups as long as you had the good sense to be caucasion or appear to be caucasion), which was a Greek restaurant as were many of the best restaurants in those days in Alabama and the famous Greek chef and proprietor of the Elite Cafe would never have disdained to have served anything steamed with ham hocks to rest beside his noted Greek Salad and char broiled Grouper or Red Snapper with baked russet potato.

To understand the gravity of having preceded a sentence with the term, "Uh do decla´uh, yáll...." in Montgomery in those days, it is important to propose a couple of emphatic statements that would normally be expected to follow that opening declaration setting the stage for the following statement of some moment. For instance:

"Ah do decla´uh yáll, that Betty Sue Johnson´s new boy Ralph Bob, popped out of the womb exactly seven months and 27 days after she married Judge Johnson down in Haleyville. Talk about premature! Yes, (to the inquiring Greek waiter just arriived in Mobile from Greece on that freighter from Pireaus) Ah do thank Ah´ll have another martini but with three olives this time - Ha, Ha, Ah do declaúh those are excellent martinis. We should take some back to Greenville with us in a brown paper bag to enjoy on the way home."

or:

"Ah do decla´uh, yáll, that Martin Luther King has certainly stirred up our local 'nigras' to a turn. Next thang you know they´ll be demanding to vote or eat down in the dining room instead of the kitchen at the Rainbow Grill and then God hep us they´ll be wanting to date our precious daughters. Perish the thought. "

Come to think of it, that sounds like Lakeside circa 2012 as much as Montgomery circa 1957. Ah do decla´uh!
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:03 pm

"The Princess" comes in all sizes and shapes, all nationalities and colours and is found all over the world. They're all rude, nasty and ill mannered.
However, the Southern Princess is the only one who sounds sweet and innocent and "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth(ish)" while declaring their truth... cloying and sickeningly sweet.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:17 am

[quote="ferret"]"The Princess" comes in all sizes and shapes, all nationalities and colours and is found all over the world. They're all rude, nasty and ill mannered.
However, the Southern Princess is the only one who sounds sweet and innocent and "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth(ish)" while declaring their truth... cloying and sickeningly sweet.[/quote]

Perhaps. but it´s that "melt in (their) mouth(s)" part that counts in the final analysis. As David Peraeus could attest, sexual arousal beats four stars and 36 years of marriage anyday if one needs to give up one or the other and the recipient has a sufficiently aware sense of his importance on the world stage but the fleeting value of fame among the unwashed.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:27 am

hound dog wrote:[quote="ferret"]"The Princess" comes in all sizes and shapes, all nationalities and colours and is found all over the world. They're all rude, nasty and ill mannered.
However, the Southern Princess is the only one who sounds sweet and innocent and "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth(ish)" while declaring their truth... cloying and sickeningly sweet.

Perhaps. but it´s that "melt in (their) mouth(s)" part that counts in the final analysis. As David Peraeus could attest, sexual arousal beats four stars and 36 years of marriage anyday if one needs to give up one or the other and the recipient has a sufficiently aware sense of his importance on the world stage but the fleeting value of fame among the unwashed. [/quote]

Say what Dawg? Maybe a rephrase for we, the vast unwashed masses.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:45 am

E-raq wrote:
hound dog wrote:[quote="ferret"]"The Princess" comes in all sizes and shapes, all nationalities and colours and is found all over the world. They're all rude, nasty and ill mannered.

Perhaps. but it´s that "melt in (their) mouth(s)" part that counts in the final analysis. As David Peraeus could attest, sexual arousal beats four stars and 36 years of marriage anyday if one needs to give up one or the other and the recipient has a sufficiently aware sense of his importance on the world stage but the fleeting value of fame among the unwashed.

Say what Dawg? Maybe a rephrase for we, the vast unwashed masses. [/quote]

You´ll have to ask the general, E-raq. Dawg never achieved success in the military beyond Marine Corps Rifleman Corporal while stationed at Quantico in 1967. Had I been indiscrete, as I occasionally may have been, the news would have been contained as a non-event.

I do understand the "...cloying and sickningly sweet." part pertaining to Southern Belles which is why I chose to live with a European when the choice presented itself. In the deep south, Scarlett ends up owning the general store and Rhett ends up swilling booze in the gutter and trying to recollect when that freight train mowed him down.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm

hound dog wrote:
E-raq wrote:

Say what Dawg? Maybe a rephrase for we, the vast unwashed masses.

You´ll have to ask the general, E-raq. Dawg never achieved success in the military beyond Marine Corps Rifleman Corporal while stationed at Quantico in 1967. Had I been indiscrete, as I occasionally may have been, the news would have been contained as a non-event.

I do understand the "...cloying and sickningly sweet." part pertaining to Southern Belles which is why I chose to live with a European when the choice presented itself. In the deep south, Scarlett ends up owning the general store and Rhett ends up swilling booze in the gutter and trying to recollect when that freight train mowed him down. [/quote]

A most fortunate choice Dawg. Imagine Alabama in the stinkin' heat with one of those melt in the mouth babes who doesn't know how to cook, and only speaks one language, Southern Drawl.

Y'all got lucky, Brigitte is a gem.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:07 pm

a gem??How about a saint!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Personally, I have believed that Brigitte is capable of "walking on water" for quite some time!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:28 pm

But that's Dawg just below the surface isn't it? :)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down