INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love in Action

+36
Smartalex
E-raq
northernguy
Luisa
DaveP
hockables
court0503
ferret
caguama
Rosa Venus
MexicoPete
Carry Bean
Ms.Thang
mouseketeer
slainte39
Parker
CanuckBob
Mainecoons
Axixic
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
viajero
Flamingo
brigitte
RoofBob
espíritu del lago
DonPito
solajijic
gringal
ComputerGuy
Traveller
Intercasa
Chapala Payaso
seisdedos
Trailrunner
David
40 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Love in Action - Page 7 Empty Re: Love in Action

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 pm

From the behavior of some of US on this forum, maybe it is time for CB to add an Exorcism Section?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:36 pm

I'm done, Chapalagringa, just as I promised. No mas.

You wanted the thread closed.......and when you hush up, it will mysteriously be over.

Please refer to the excellent post in the Octagon on the subject of persecution.
The article referred to says it all, in a very succinct and civil manner.
Very Happy

Last edited by gringal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:37 pm

oops, I didn't answer what a Christian is CBob,

A Christian believes everything that's in the Bible. From the beginning of the earth and the history of the Jews is in there to the end which we're getting pretty close to. The Bible says that God sent His son Jesus Christ to be born(Christmas time) and die on the cross for all of our sins so we could have a personal relationship with God. That those who believe in Him will have eternal life with Him in heaven once we're done with these bodies that start falling apart after 40, lol :)

People don't like it that the Bible talks about a nasty place of fire called hell. Some of them in the 60's had a pretty bad fire and brimstone message shoved down their throat, which was so distasteful and unloving that some are even mad at God or just don't even believe in Him because of it.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:41 pm

espíritu del lago wrote:Just out of curiosity who here believe in people being possessed by evil spirits which require church sanctioned exorcisms?

What about those people? Is it just Hollywood or real? What about witches and demons and satanism? Fairytales?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:

Matthew 10:30-37
New International Version (NIV)

32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’[a]
37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Is this what bothers you?

Sounds like a very vengeful, jealous and insecure god to me.
I like the scripture where he says"thou shalt have no other gods before me" that sounds more reasonable,you know like,you can have other gods beside me or behind me,just not in front of me,Exodus20:1-17.

Last edited by viajero on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Yeah, I'm not feeling the love either...but this sure is getting interesting.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Yeah, I'm not feeling the love either...but this sure is getting interesting.

Trust me, this will go on until either her husband or the mod cuts her off. This lady has lots of energy.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 pm

So true! And we can expect that she will then start bragging about how her posts have brought more activity to a thread. That is the pattern.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:

A Christian believes everything that's in the Bible.
That's the problem:Creating the universe in 7 days 5000 years ago,Adam's rib,the serpent and the apple,Noah's ark,Jonah and the whale,etc.etc. ad nauseam.
Fairy tales.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Folks, please just let it ride its course, than there is no debate that what she say’s will have any influence on the people of this board. When I think of religion I always think what if this civilization died and someone came back and discovered “Super Hero” comic books. Would these be the scrolls of our past?

Now don’t get me wrong I believe there is more for me than just this world, maybe just to help me get through this one because it is a comfort and if not so-be-it, I really doubt if anyone will ever know and in my opinion this is how it should be. It’s far more important to be kind and understanding to each other, help if you can, try not to be greedy and above all let’s respect one another because we’re only as good as our weakest link.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I do not care at all about the evangelical nature of the new employees except that they would insist on espousing their evangelical dogma versus integrating the children into the common religion of the country. That is Catholicism and these children need to be as integrated as possible. These are NOT orphans they are children from families in crisis and the final hope would be they be restored to some aspect of their family of origin or their community. To render them religiously outside the common religion is to put them at odds with their community with whom they will interact for their lifetime, much longer than their childhood. Stick to making them physically whole, educated and godly.

I don't think anybody objects to bible studies, the teaching fables or any other morality education but everyone should object to these children being religiously indoctrinated to where they will not be accepted and where they might be unaccepting of their family and community's primary religion.

There is so much solace to be found in the village religious life.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:26 pm

I heard that they decided the apple was really a pomegranate or another fruit or not a fruit at all but symbolic of something else. That and the verse above and a thousand other bible stories could be interpreted an infinite number of ways. How do you know which interpretation will get you a favorable slot in the rapture selection and which will earn you a hot seat next to Bin Ladin?

Seems like even if you were going to try to believe everything in the bible you are bound to screw up somewhere or have a doubt or two... and then there you are in the same boat with the baptists, all those mexican catholics and the rest of the heathens...

If it comes to it, maybe hell won't be so bad...I have always wanted to meet the Dali Lama.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:52 pm

"If it comes to it, maybe hell won't be so bad...I have always wanted to meet the Dali Lama." ---------

OMG, B, what a line! YOU WIN! Hands down! Thanks for this.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:I heard that they decided the apple was really a pomegranate or another fruit or not a fruit at all but symbolic of something else. That and the verse above and a thousand other bible stories could be interpreted an infinite number of ways. How do you know which interpretation will get you a favorable slot in the rapture selection and which will earn you a hot seat next to Bin Ladin?

Seems like even if you were going to try to believe everything in the bible you are bound to screw up somewhere or have a doubt or two... and then there you are in the same boat with the baptists, all those mexican catholics and the rest of the heathens...

If it comes to it, maybe hell won't be so bad...I have always wanted to meet the Dali Lama.

Hehehehe,bwahahahaha. Priceless!!
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:09 pm

Quick pregunta Chapalagringa: What do you tell the Mexican children about the Virgin of Guadalupe? Is she just a nice lady or a real saint?
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:A Christian believes everything that's in the Bible... The Bible says that God sent His son Jesus Christ to be born(Christmas time)
Scholars agree that Jesus could not have been born on Christmas day: shepherds only watched their "flocks by night" in the spring (lambing season) and too cold in winter, and the Roman census, which everyone was in town for, was never done in winter because of the difficulties in travel. There are other indicators as well, such as church leaders settling "on December 25th and celebrated the first Feast of the Nativity in Rome in 336 AD... to compete with the solstice celebrations of non-believers".

This information can be found at the webpage for The United Church of God...

Last edited by HelperGuy on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:11 pm

solajijic wrote:I do not care at all about the evangelical nature of the new employees except that they would insist on espousing their evangelical dogma versus integrating the children into the common religion of the country. That is Catholicism and these children need to be as integrated as possible. These are NOT orphans they are children from families in crisis and the final hope would be they be restored to some aspect of their family of origin or their community. To render them religiously outside the common religion is to put them at odds with their community with whom they will interact for their lifetime, much longer than their childhood. Stick to making them physically whole, educated and godly.

I don't think anybody objects to bible studies, the teaching fables or any other morality education but everyone should object to these children being religiously indoctrinated to where they will not be accepted and where they might be unaccepting of their family and community's primary religion.

There is so much solace to be found in the village religious life.

It will do your heart good to know that the children, that are reunited with family if they come, don't reject them. Don't forget, some of them were brought there by a parent or grandparent or the government after being left abandoned for 5 days or more without any food, diapers or money, the oldest caring for the youngest, 1 month old. Believe me, they're getting their countries indoctrination at school, including the witchcraft that goes along with it. They learn how to make the wreath of garlic by 1st or 2nd grade.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Making a wreath of garlic is a mighty useful skill if you ask me. Just sayin'.

So, how 'bout that Virgen of Guadalupe?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:22 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:A Christian believes everything that's in the Bible... The Bible says that God sent His son Jesus Christ to be born(Christmas time)
Scholars agree that Jesus could not have been born on Christmas day: shepherds only watched their "flocks by night" in the spring (lambing season) and too cold in winter, and the Roman census, which everyone was in town for, was never done in winter because of the difficulties in travel. There are other indicators as well, such as church leaders settling "on December 25th and celebrated the first Feast of the Nativity in Rome in 336 AD... to compete with the solstice celebrations of non-believers".

This information can be found at the webpage for The United Church of God...

omy HelperGuy, which glad you joined the forum, I invited ya...Have you ever seen, "The Star of Bethlehem?" produced by Stephen McEveety? It's really cool because Rick Larson ended up studying the stars and found it! History is written in the stars, so awesome!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Chapalagringa wrote: Believe me, they're getting their countries indoctrination at school, including the witchcraft that goes along with it. They learn how to make the wreath of garlic by 1st or 2nd grade.
You're kidding right?
BTW I understand your reluctance to respond to my previous posts on this thread.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Ditto.
I understand your reluctance to respond to my previous post too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:14 pm

viajero wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote: Believe me, they're getting their countries indoctrination at school, including the witchcraft that goes along with it. They learn how to make the wreath of garlic by 1st or 2nd grade.
You're kidding right?

No, I'm not kidding. Witchcraft is part of Mexican history.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Quick pregunta Chapalagringa: What do you tell the Mexican children about the Virgin of Guadalupe? Is she just a nice lady, a witch or a real saint?.
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 pm

viajero wrote:
Sounds like a very vengeful, jealous and insecure god to me.
I like the scripture where he says"thou shalt have no other gods before me" that sounds more reasonable,you know like,you can have other gods beside me or behind me,just not in front of me,Exodus20:1-17.

insecure? nah, Creator of the Universe, but the jealous and vengeful...yeah,

This is from the Catholic Bible online
Deuteronomy 5:8-10
7 ' "You will have no gods other than me.
8 ' "You must not make yourselves any image or any likeness of anything in heaven above or on earth beneath or in the waters under the earth;
9 you must not bow down to these gods or serve them. For I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God and I punish the parents' fault in the children, the grandchildren and the great-grandchildren, among those who hate me;
10 but I show faithful love to thousands, to those who love me and keep my commandments.

vengeance is about the same
Romans 12:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
viajero wrote:
You're kidding right?

No, I'm not kidding. Witchcraft is part of Mexican history.
Oh my god!!
You are truly clueless!!
My son is in 1st grade,my nieces and nephews are in secundaria in Guadalajara public schools and none of them have ever been exposed to witch craft or taught to make garlic wreaths.
You and the rest of your born again cult are truly out there.....I'm afraid there's no hope for you.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Maybe Lori should move her ministry to Bourbon Street in New Orleans?

"On Bourbon Street, party but don't preach at night
From sunset to sunrise, law bans loitering to spread 'social, political or religious message'"

"NEW ORLEANS — Bare breasts, drunken revelry and almost anything else is tolerated along Bourbon Street, but after dark, the city is saying street preachers are forbidden..........................................
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49040104/ns/us_news-life/#__utma=14933801.606767081.1347379492.1347655524.1347667136.18&__utmb=14933801.2.10.1347667136&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1347667136.18.3.utmcsr=firstread.nbcnews.com|utmccn=%28referral%29|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/_news/2012/09/14/13863666-gop-rep-calls-planned-parenthood-racist-baby-killers&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|cover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Internal%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=83590806&__utma=14933801.606767081.1347379492.1347655524.1347667136.18&__utmb=14933801.2.10.1347667136&__utmc=14933801&__utmx=-&__utmz=14933801.1347667136.18.3.utmcsr=firstread.nbcnews.com|utmccn=%28referral%29|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/_news/2012/09/14/13863666-gop-rep-calls-planned-parenthood-racist-baby-killers&__utmv=14933801.|8=Earned%20By=msnbc|cover=1^12=Landing%20Content=Mixed=1^13=Landing%20Hostname=www.nbcnews.com=1^30=Visit%20Type%20to%20Content=Internal%20to%20Mixed=1&__utmk=83590806

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next