INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love in Action

+36
Smartalex
E-raq
northernguy
Luisa
DaveP
hockables
court0503
ferret
caguama
Rosa Venus
MexicoPete
Carry Bean
Ms.Thang
mouseketeer
slainte39
Parker
CanuckBob
Mainecoons
Axixic
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
viajero
Flamingo
brigitte
RoofBob
espíritu del lago
DonPito
solajijic
gringal
ComputerGuy
Traveller
Intercasa
Chapala Payaso
seisdedos
Trailrunner
David
40 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Love in Action - Page 5 Empty Re: Love in Action

Post by viajero Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:Well, that's your feelings David but someone in Mexico is extending the invitations.
Who would that be?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 pm

viajero wrote:
Chapalagringa wrote:Well, that's your feelings David but someone in Mexico is extending the invitations.
Who would that be?
A Mexican government approved ministry.

Let's ask the children, who's personal circumstances left them destitute. I wonder how Angelica would respond to your question? Anyone that knows about LiA knows she grew up in that evangelical ministry. Someone saw a need, oh one of those evangelical missionaries, who expressed the need & another overheard and provided. Maybe the purpose of that evangelical was only the messenger expressing the need since he didn't have the resources, but David was the one that bought her a new walker that day, since the donor was anonymous. idk...looked like someone was working together to benefit the kids needs.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:28 pm

Everyone can help! But if you really want to help ...First, do no harm.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:06 pm

Chapalagringa:
Expats need to remember that Mexico is still a country that displays nativity scenes. One of the largest nativity scenes I've ever seen is in Andares Mall, the swankiest mall in Guadalajara, at Christmas time. This isn't the USA where Christ's existence is often denied.

So Mexico has been a Christian country for centuries. So they need foreign missionaries from the U.S. for...???? Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:43 pm

gringal wrote:Chapalagringa:
Expats need to remember that Mexico is still a country that displays nativity scenes. One of the largest nativity scenes I've ever seen is in Andares Mall, the swankiest mall in Guadalajara, at Christmas time. This isn't the USA where Christ's existence is often denied.

Isn't that statement a little strange when you consider how many centuries Mexico has been a Christian country; yet foreign "missionaries" from the U.S. feel the need to come here and change the religious affiliation of the Mexicans?
Just saying.

The evangelical Christians do not approve of the Catholic brand of Christianity and so feel compelled to come here and convert people to their brand of Christianity which they believe to be the only true faith,how arrogant.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Maybe we should stop right here before somebody grabs a pulpit; tries to explain the inexplicable and we end up in the Octagon. I probably should have let the sleeping dogs lie. Sorry about that. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 pm

gringal wrote:Chapalagringa:

Perhaps that's why some people don't see why evangelical ministries from the U.S., run by foreigners, are needed in Mexico. Mexico has been a "Christian" country long before any missionaries from the U.S. arrived with their entourages.

Not saying they mean any harm, but let's face it: Mexicans weren't heathens when y'all arrived. They had beautiful Christian churches, padres and nuns devoted to their flocks, and they put up Nativity scenes during the Christmas season.

So what did they need foreign missionaries for? Huh, huh? Rolling Eyes

no darlin, Mexico's been a Roman Catholic nation and it is a mixed pot of foreigners from years ago...I don't think any culture is a "pure" nation anymore, seems everywhere is international. Here's a cultural lesson...if you speak to a Mexican on the street and they ask you what religion you are and you tell them you are a Christian, and they aren't a Christian but Catholic, they will tell you they are Catholic. It's not the same as it is in the USA where we have Christian Catholics that are given the freedom to read the Bible for themselves. It's very different here. Although there is a movement called the charismatic Catholics, who have freedom to read the Bible and even have real worship music! It was the charismatic Catholics that invited me to sing on radio Maria in La Univa in Guadalajara as well as other events. Having been invited to sing on Radio Maria may have been why the city of Chapala sponsored a concert for me in the malecon several years ago during semana pascua, providing the seating, lighting and sound. And having participated in a day of Pentecost event on Catholic television, 15K in the Benito Juarez auditorium in Guadalajara packed....I was the only blonde gringa singing for that event. Seems our nationals like foreigners, enjoy the encouragement and resources we can share.

You all have had the opportunity to grow up in a free nation that laid out the options in front of you to make up your own mind. Why do you not extend the same opportunity to others? People can decide for themselves, but how will they know if know one ever tells them nor has a chance to weigh out the pros and cons and decide for themselves? Of course they can. We are all for free speech and thought, right? Where did your ideas come from? Was it purely an idea from the United States or Canada, if that's where you are from? If some have decided that being a Christian works for them, let them be. If they decide it's another, they had the options in front of them, then let them be. I let you be. I haven't found a better option. My option originally comes from Israel, kind of far from California. ;0)

What do you think the Mexicans believed before the Catholics came? I'm just saying, the Catholics haven't always been here either. The world is a mixed pot. .

BTW, when I was growing up, my country was a Christian nation built on Godly principles, it was all for free enterprise and now I hear rumor someone want to take "In God We Trust" off of our money. A lot of ideas going around, a lot of options for folks. Hope they choose wisely.

Foreigners are seen as a resource.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:25 pm

On the money: Check the web: "URBAN LEGEND, pure and simple, fomented by a number of small right-wing groups who have spread the rumor via various Internet chat rooms and blogs. There is not now and has not been ANY effort whatsoever to remove the motto." Wikipedia and Snopes.

RE the lecture on when a Christian is not a Christian: As I said, somebody was bound to grab a pulpit and try to explain the inexplicable.
Let's stop, while there's still time.
Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Gringal, I think that ship has sailed.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:28 pm

You're view is slanted coming from the USA as many Catholics are Christians. I know it's hard for you to believe, it sounds even offensive but I'm telling you that here, the Catholics will not tell you they are a Christian. They will tell you they are Catholic. End of cultural lesson.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Gringal, I think that ship has sailed.

Yep. It's way over the horizon. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 pm

REAL worship music? Oh, please. As a cafeteria Catholic I even have a CD of the gorgeous Gregorian chant I play occasionally. And no priest ever disallowed me the option of reading the Bible. You're proving everyone's point, Chapalagringa.

The Born Agains highjacked the term Christian which used to mean just that you believe in Christ. Not anymore.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Carry Bean wrote:REAL worship music? Oh, please. As a cafeteria Catholic I even have a CD of the gorgeous Gregorian chant I play occasionally. And no priest ever disallowed me the option of reading the Bible. You're proving everyone's point, Chapalagringa.

The Born Agains highjacked the term Christian which used to mean just that you believe in Christ. Not anymore.

What are you talking about born agains highjacked the term Christian? That's what a Christian is, it's written in the Bible. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. That's born again.

Carry Bean, you're a national Mexican raised in Mexico? You're the one proving my point.

agreed, time to put this thread to rest.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 pm

All I know is that as I was learning Mexican Spanish, I was told that in Mexican Spanish that you were either Catholic or Christian. I said but both Catholics and Protestants are Christians and believe in Christ.

And my teacher told me, yes I know. It's just slang and we say here that there are Catholics and non- Catholics who believe in Christ which makes them all Christian, but here (Mexico) we call Protestants, Christians and Catholics who are also Christians we call Catholic.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:44 pm

I'd like to thank Chapalagringa for making this thread more interesting (to me) than the recent meltdown that occurred at Love in Action. (Since that part seems to have been covered for the time being.)

In the meantime, before this thread gets shut down, I think it's appropriate to offer information on one of the other "one true way(s)" to Salvation through Jesus Christ. Guadalajara's own "La Luz del Mundo".

La Luz del Mundo

Bit of a slog reading the Wiki entry, but fascinating and relevant, I think. I'm wondering if anybody else, including Chapalagringa, is familiar with it?

Last edited by Rosa Venus on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Lori:

When people cannot even grasp two political parties as in the US or even a few more as in Mexico, just how can you explain their ability/inability to sort through the multitude of religious options you and all the other groups claiming to "do God's work"? As I see it, all that happens is that they end up being totally confused and the probability exists that they will probably lose any direction they already had.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Meant to add what Pete said. I've heard lots of Mexicans distinguish between "Christian" and "Catholic" regarding which church they attend/faith they believe. I didn't get the distinction at first, either.

And I've heard people in the US do the same thing. Which I consider, in that historical context, inexcusable. Very Happy

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by caguama Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Chapala gringa lady you are wrong. I am mexican catholic and yes i am a christian. you act like you invent jesus christ and we will all be ignorant if you do not tell us what is real ? Really you think we do not have freedom to read the bible?
You have ever been in a catholic church? We music with guitars and children sing, it is very joyful. and real

you need to learn the culture that you are in and if you cant then you dont need to say nothing about it. You embaras to yourself.

you are right about the one thing you say , " it sounds even offensive" is true. You need to have respect even here where you think mexicans dont read.

caguama

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Gracias caguama! Agradezco su opinión. ¡Bienvenido!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:Gracias caguama! Me agradezco su opinión. ¡Bienvenido!

Estoy pensando exactemente en una manera egual. Gracias caguama!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:

What are you talking about born agains highjacked the term Christian? That's what a Christian is, it's written in the Bible. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. That's born again.

agreed, time to put this thread to rest.
Hallelujah halleluah!

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:27 pm

caguama wrote:Chapala gringa lady you are wrong. I am mexican catholic and yes i am a christian. you act like you invent jesus christ and we will all be ignorant if you do not tell us what is real ? Really you think we do not have freedom to read the bible?
You have ever been in a catholic church? We music with guitars and children sing, it is very joyful. and real

you need to learn the culture that you are in and if you cant then you dont need to say nothing about it. You embaras to yourself.

you are right about the one thing you say , " it sounds even offensive" is true. You need to have respect even here where you think mexicans dont read.

One post. Yeah, I've sang on Radio Maria, you didn't read my previous post of Catholic events I was invited to minister at? And you can't verify the difference between Catholic and Charismatic Catholic? I seriously doubt you're who you say you are and read this board but have fun posting. I've been around awhile. lol Sounds like someone from another board was lonely tonight.

It's early but lets go nighty, nighty now thread. No more.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 pm

You mean the pulpit has been unplugged? Hopefully for another extended period!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:41 pm

gringal wrote:BTW, love the fantasy cat.
Thanks! He's Pangur Ban, a cat that belonged to an anonymous Irish monk way back in the 8th or 9th century. The monk was interpreting and transcribing ancient manuscripts late at night, and in the margin he added a little poem about his cat, about how the cat was chasing mice while the monk chased words, and how they were both content practising their craft. I first read about it in Thomas Cahill's wonderful book, "How the Irish Saved Civilization."

The poem and a bit of the history are here www.fisheaters.com/pangurban.
There's an animated movie about Pangur Ban which probably bears no resemblance to actual history, although it apparently contains a lot of Irish mythology. I have a copy but haven't watched it yet.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by court0503 Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:46 pm

holy mackeral! SCAREY and just plain weird! now that we've all digested these (numerous!) sermons on God, the 'real interpretation of the Bible, 'real' Christians vs/ wannabes , 'real' church music vs ?? (and Chapalagringa's singing and preaching stardom ) could there be anyone out there still thinking that 'Chapalagringa' et. al. having an inordinate influence over the nurturing and education of very vulnerable , at -risk children with no other adults in their corner,
is really no big deal?

court0503

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't think it is a big deal. Religion aside, I personally know Chapalagringa and would allow her to watch my children any day of the week. From what I have seen she is a awesome mother to her own children too.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next