INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy Beer / liquor before the weekend

+8
CanuckBob
E-raq
Mainecoons
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
seisdedos
CheenaGringo
gringal
Intercasa
12 posters

Go down

Buy Beer / liquor before the weekend Empty Buy Beer / liquor before the weekend

Post by Intercasa Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 pm

As the elections are this weekend the law prohibits sales of alcoholic beverages and the last day to buy is Friday so stock up or you will not be able to satisfy your craving for a cold beer or a drink this weekend.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Buy Beer / liquor before the weekend Empty Re: Buy Beer / liquor before the weekend

Post by gringal Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Now THAT is one danged useful piece of information.
Thanks, Spencer.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Buy Beer / liquor before the weekend Empty Re: Buy Beer / liquor before the weekend

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 pm

Earlier today I read a report on the state of alcohol sales in Jalisco and it confirmed what Spencer said - 12:01am Saturday to Monday AM. Interestingly, because of the tourist business in the "golden zone" of Mazatlan, they are allowing cocktail sales as long as one is eating during this period.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:21 pm

The Ley Seca has been around for years during elections. No big deal. Some places such as night clubs or bars that do a booming business go ahead and sell it and pay the fine.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:13 am

THANKS FOR TELLING US!!!!!
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:47 am

Hmm, ya might know that it would be Spencer conveying this highly important information. Beer
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:00 am

Same deal in Canada, no drinking on election day. Not that I vote, however would not wish to be without the fixings for sure.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:03 am

E-raq wrote:Same deal in Canada, no drinking on election day. Not that I vote, however would not wish to be without the fixings for sure.

Not quite, I believe the bars in Canada have to only shut down for 4 hours in the afternoon on voting day (at least in BC).
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:10 am

Serving hours remains the same on federal, provincial and municipal election days in Ontario. I know they did have to close at one time; not sure when it changed.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Axixic wrote:Serving hours remains the same on federal, provincial and municipal election days in Ontario. I know they did have to close at one time; not sure when it changed.

Alcohol & Gaming Commission Ontario confirms this. I have corrected Wikipedia which was wrong

DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I believe that the four hour rule is for employees who must be given four consecutive hours off of work on voting days, no matter where they work. (Bars or other employers) I don't ever recall any prohibition of alcohol on election days in BC. And I hit a few bars on election days when I lived there Beer
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Dawg is surprised and dismayed that statutes in Mexico and, perhaps, parts of Canada require the cessation of sales of booze on election days. Now, in Dawg´s Alabama of the 1950s, statutes allowed the sale of booze but no citizens of African American descent (about 50% of the citizens in Dawg´s hometown) were allowed to even approach a polling place on election day. The day after the polls were closed they were allowed in to service the facility but never when the polls were open.

As for the statutes forbidding the sale and, ostensibly, consumption of booze on election day, any boozer knows that he/she is at his/her most lucid and thoughtful when ripped and, therefore a more thoughtful and responsible voter so logic would seem to dictate opening the bars even earlier on election day to assure a more judicious electorate and one more sensitive to needs of all those Billy Bobs out there in the street offering spirits in return for candidate consideration .
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Dawg - Monroe County?
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Axixic wrote:Serving hours remains the same on federal, provincial and municipal election days in Ontario. I know they did have to close at one time; not sure when it changed.

Wow, things have changed. Of course being a political atheist it was dry the last time I voted, which was also the first time I voted, about 25 years ago.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down