INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swarming at Mario's!

+16
oncesubtle
CheenaGringo
slainte39
Parker
gringal
MexicoPete
MaggieL
johninajijic
IslandGirl
Chico
gringoman
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
RoofBob
simpsca
Trailrunner
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Swarming at Mario's! - Page 2 Empty Re: Swarming at Mario's!

Post by Chico Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:22 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Mi and mi espousa will be there.

esposa. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 pm

MaggieL wrote:Agree w/ Chico.

Thanks Maggie. Much appreciated. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Chico wrote:You know, I do not give s**t about foreign owned restaurants. Let them live or die on their own. These folks had to prove they had enough income to live in Mexico without working and then had to apply for a work permit to open their restaurants. I do not care about Domino's, Subway, Bubba's. Mel's Diner, Ajijic Tango, Angelica's Bistro. Go le Club. La casa del Waffle, La Nueva Posada, La taverna dei quattro Mori, Number 4, et al. Clearly, I am speaking only for the swarming events, as I frequent and enjoy many of these places, but they should not benefit from our swarming, as if they folded up their tent, they would still be able to live and survive here. Not true with others.

Thought the idea was to help our local Mexican neighbors. It seems to have gone way off track and now folks are just suggesting their favorite restaurants, so that if we choose that restaurant, the person who posted the suggestion can go to the owner and say look what I did for you.

Deteriorating thread and someone needs to grab it by the balls and get it back under control. May I suggest the OP, who probably had no idea what he was getting himself into with this wonderful suggestion?

My thoughts. Give me your best shot, but I will probably not change my mind. chico

We had this discussion before. Even if the owners are gringoes they hire mexican cooks, waiters, cleaning staff who are suffering. You may not
give a damn about the owners but you should care about the MEXICAN employees.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:25 pm

So, I'm going to go give Jaime a heads-up tomorrow. I believe we've got 12, including myself? I'll tell them it's an approximate count, they're flexible.

Any more folks coming?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Chico wrote:You know, I do not give s**t about foreign owned restaurants. Let them live or die on their own. These folks had to prove they had enough income to live in Mexico without working and then had to apply for a work permit to open their restaurants. I do not care about Domino's, Subway, Bubba's. Mel's Diner, Ajijic Tango, Angelica's Bistro. Go le Club. La casa del Waffle, La Nueva Posada, La taverna dei quattro Mori, Number 4, et al. Clearly, I am speaking only for the swarming events, as I frequent and enjoy many of these places, but they should not benefit from our swarming, as if they folded up their tent, they would still be able to live and survive here. Not true with others.

Thought the idea was to help our local Mexican neighbors. It seems to have gone way off track and now folks are just suggesting their favorite restaurants, so that if we choose that restaurant, the person who posted the suggestion can go to the owner and say look what I did for you.
My thoughts. Give me your best shot, but I will probably not change my mind. chico

But some of the places mentioned above are owned by folks who were Canadians or Americans and have became Mexican citizens. Aren't we being a little bigoted here?

Somewhere I learned we should try to treat all people equally, you know whites, blacks, Indians, Latinos and especially Scandinavians.

At least that's what my parents taught me.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Ah Pete...........the voice of reason in this SNAFU thread. Refreshing.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:34 pm

MexicoPete wrote:

But some of the places mentioned above are owned by folks who were Canadians or Americans and have became Mexican citizens. Aren't we being a little bigoted here?

Somewhere I learned we should try to treat all people equally, you know whites, blacks, Indians, Latinos and especially Scandinavians.

At least that's what my parents taught me.

Read the bold print (which I did).

Oh, Ha! Ha!, Ha! That was funny!!! Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:37 pm

SADLY, Pete...Not everybody had parents like yours.
Were they Scandinavian? and why did you change?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:10 pm

One of the great things about this forum is that we can go back and forth here, and enjoy doing it. And so we don't all agree. Who cares. We are having fun.

And Slainte, I thought everyone knew Scandinavians were superior. The problem is I'm adopted and although my adopted parents were pure Swedish, I'm only half Scandinavian, and a Norwegian at that :9. The other half is German and everyone knows that Swedes are smarter than Germans. :( :(

Last edited by MexicoPete on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:14 pm

MexicoPete wrote:One of the great things about this forum is that we can go back and forth here, and enjoy doing it. And so we don't all agree. Who cares. We are having fun.

And Slainte, I thought everyone knew Scandinavians were superior. The problem is I'm adopted and although my adopted parents were pure Swedish, I'm only half Scandinavian, and a Norwegian at that. The other half is German and everyone knows that Swedes are smarter than Germans.

Ask any Swede.
Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:

Deteriorating thread and someone needs to grab it by the balls and get it back under control. May I suggest the OP, who probably had no idea what he was getting himself into with this wonderful suggestion?

We had this discussion before. Even if the owners are gringoes they hire mexican cooks, waiters, cleaning staff who are suffering. You may not
give a damn about the owners but you should care about the MEXICAN employees.

Z

Zed, this topic started out as a way to help Mexican Restaurant owners stay afloat during these tough times. If we now include every single restaurant that has Mexican employees, we have now opened Pandora's box and have to go to Subway, Domino's, and every restaurant in lakeside. Think you might have proven my point that this thread has gotten out of control and needs to be reined in so that we can help those truly in need. Appreciate your input. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:30 pm

gringal wrote:
MexicoPete wrote:One of the great things about this forum is that we can go back and forth here, and enjoy doing it. And so we don't all agree. Who cares. We are having fun.

And Slainte, I thought everyone knew Scandinavians were superior. The problem is I'm adopted and although my adopted parents were pure Swedish, I'm only half Scandinavian, and a Norwegian at that. The other half is German and everyone knows that Swedes are smarter than Germans.

Ask any Swede.
Very Happy

Pete - We have something in common as we're both Scandinavians. I'm Danish. And everyone knows Scandinavian countries are so far superior to any countries in the world. Look it up.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Chico - Lots of posts get hijacked. I think the Moderator CBob will reign it in when he thinks it's necessary. You made your point about which restaurants the Swarming Group should go to or not go to, so unless you want to take over, enough is enough. And we appreciate your opinion, except that many of us don't agree.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Considering that there are only 12 people going to the "swarm" tomorrow, let me back out of this thread that has gone "SNAFU", as we will have zero impact on anything if that is the number of folks that will be attending. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:41 pm

It sure seems like that there is a great deal of squawking and pontificating about how the choices are being made and how the swarmings should work by members who have no intention of participating?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:55 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:It sure seems like that there is a great deal of squawking and pontificating about how the choices are being made and how the swarmings should work by members who have no intention of participating?

And now we have you to add to that list. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:59 pm

So Terry - where did I inject how or where the swarming should work? And wasn't it you belittling the fact that 12 people are willing to step up to the plate?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Troll

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:06 pm

In an effort to help un-SNAFU you Chico here's the OP: "With business off for our local eateries and us locals only needing an excuse to eat out, how about we set aside a time and day each week to meet and eat at a selected restaurant? No biggie, just set up something like Wednesdays at whatever time at ____________ restaurant. Any interest?"

And while 12 big tippin' diners aren't many for this second effort it is hoped the swarm will evolve into something that really will help our local restaurants. Besides, it's nice to meet with fellow board members and munch a bunch for a good cause. Hope to see ya there.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:09 pm

Dumb question - Is Chico the old Terry?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:13 pm

Chico = Terry, Zoey, Fug, 'T', Tam, etc, etc.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I still think it’s a great effort. It should always be a “win/ win” type of situation (good for the patrons and good for the community) for it to have any power of sustainability. 12 is good, there were 12 disciples, right? And if it was me I’d rather have 12 good tippers any day to 30 tight-tipped PITA others. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:49 pm

oncesubtle wrote:In an effort to help un-SNAFU you Chico here's the OP: "With business off for our local eateries and us locals only needing an excuse to eat out, how about we set aside a time and day each week to meet and eat at a selected restaurant? No biggie, just set up something like Wednesdays at whatever time at ____________ restaurant. Any interest?"

And while 12 big tippin' diners aren't many for this second effort it is hoped the swarm will evolve into something that really will help our local restaurants. Besides, it's nice to meet with fellow board members and munch a bunch for a good cause. Hope to see ya there.

My apologies. Guess I twisted the OP to meet my own personal needs, that of helping our Mexican neighbors who are struggling to survive. I wish you success. Am in charge of a memorial dinner tomorrow night at Viva Mexico, so I am unable to join you, but I really hope some of you order the shrimpburger and fries tomorrow at Mario's. Especially any of you who need to put on some pounds. Sorry, kilos. Absolutely outstanding. Have fun and I hope you double your normal tip. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by IslandGirl Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:33 pm

gringal wrote:Ah Pete...........the voice of reason in this SNAFU thread. Refreshing.
Amen!

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey, I thought this was for Friday @ 1? tomorrow is Tuesday. I was going to attend but do not want to be #13. Maybe I will find a friend who is free, but when? Tomorrow or Friday?

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:14 pm

It is at Friday at 1:00pm and after all of Chico's bitching we better see him there lest he lose any credibility that he may have had..........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next