INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Tonights Meeting on Ajijic Plaza Please Post the Facts

+28
Smartalex
Zedinmexico
2mexicos
GBATRUCKS
viajero
casi nada
slainte39
espĂ­ritu del lago
Trailrunner
Mad_Max
brigitte
LMarkoya
IslandGirl
Mainecoons
fastrak
Big Daddy Mexico
Ms.Thang
Grizzy
David
NoTengoNada
CheenaGringo
hound dog
gringal
manymoonsago
hockables
solajijic
Irish Gal
johninajijic
32 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

After Tonights Meeting on Ajijic Plaza Please Post the Facts - Page 4 Empty Re: After Tonights Meeting on Ajijic Plaza Please Post the Facts

Post by David Thu May 17, 2012 5:46 pm

I suppose it's somewhat like swatting at an annoying insect.

David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

After Tonights Meeting on Ajijic Plaza Please Post the Facts - Page 4 Empty Re: After Tonights Meeting on Ajijic Plaza Please Post the Facts

Post by hockables Thu May 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Trailrunner wrote:David. What is it that compels you to respond to every single utterance of John's? What is it?

And they wanted to get rid of him!!
I'v been enjoying all afternoon.... U'd normally halfta pay admission for this stuff....
Better than sitt'n in the corner with yer happy stick...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm

It's like kick ball. If we didn't have John who'd we pick on?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu May 17, 2012 6:03 pm

David, Pick on me....picking on John is boring!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu May 17, 2012 6:04 pm

Trailrunner wrote:David. What is it that compels you to respond to every single utterance of John's? What is it?

They do it because he’s an easy mark. All it reminds me of are “school-yard” bullies and they do it to build up their own self esteem. The same reason low self-esteem children pick on retarded children, only this is how adults play their game and it’s not just David.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 17, 2012 6:09 pm

I disagree. I see the board as a conversation. If I was in a conversation with you and John and he made some totally idiotic statement I'd pull him up short. The things he does and say here are mostly unacceptable in conversation.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 17, 2012 6:47 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:They said one gringo was taken and released and the traficantes told him they were not interested in the Gringo community...So why did they take him??!! and then just let him go???! Yeah, like THAT happened.
They really must think we are idiots. Anything to soothe the savage beasts.

For what it is worth, I also heard several days ago that they accidentally grabbed a young gringo man while they were rounding up their victims and punted him out as soon as they realized it.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu May 17, 2012 7:23 pm

David wrote:I disagree. I see the board as a conversation. If I was in a conversation with you and John and he made some totally idiotic statement I'd pull him up short. The things he does and say here are mostly unacceptable in conversation.

I’m sure you would have but what would you have accomplished, nothing other than another heated argument. I’m assuming that your efforts are to convince John his ways of thinking should be reevaluated and unacceptable in your point of view. I don’t believe this is the best way to accomplish this goal, do you?

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm

What would you suggest? I believe that people are entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu May 17, 2012 7:40 pm

David wrote:What would you suggest? I believe that people are entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.

Have to go, I’ll PM you later.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Don't reward his bad behaviour, just like you'd do with children.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu May 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Parker wrote: Have to go, I’ll PM you later.

Thank god. None of us really want to hear it anyways........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Thu May 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Capt. Contreras Hablablablando in a short video of the meeting in Ajijic

http://t.co/TNv32ZZS

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Thu May 17, 2012 8:28 pm

[quote="Ms.Thang"] Capt. Contreras Hablablablando

[/quote

LOL Good one!
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
GBATRUCKS wrote:They said one gringo was taken and released and the traficantes told him they were not interested in the Gringo community...So why did they take him??!! and then just let him go???! Yeah, like THAT happened.

For what it is worth, I also heard several days ago that they accidentally grabbed a young gringo man while they were rounding up their victims and punted him out as soon as they realized it.

This was raised at last nights Ajijic meeting. For what it is worth, many of us know this man and his son, both of whom ran businesses in Ajijic and are, sadly, leaving. He was hiking with his dog and they shot his dog, tied him up and kept him overnight.

I had not heard the part about him being told they are not going after Gringo's until the police chief reported it last night.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sun May 20, 2012 10:15 am

CanuckBob wrote:

I didn't write it, just quoted the opinion of soemone who was there. I do agree with you. The narco's are smart enough to not target us...nothing to gain. I'm more concerned about locals like the baracho that hit me up on the street with a "hey, my friend" b.s., wanted me to give him 5 pesos, I passed & got the "this is my country...why don't all you F...... gringos go home!".. that's the 3rd time I've had that happen in 7 years. Don't confuse the cultural deferencial courtesy with friendship.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun May 20, 2012 10:46 am

CanuckBob wrote:

Yes, they did accidentally capture an NOB. Shot one of his dogs, but let him go - left him tied up and took the 4 Mexicans including one woman. I believe he is leaving Mexico.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 am

GBATRUCKS wrote:FROM ONE OF MY AMIGAS HERE IN JOCO:

Returned from another bullshit meeting with Mario Chavez, presidente of Joco. Last night at his big meeting in the Joco Plaza people were demanding he resign IMMEDIATELY even though the election is a month away. He is denying all kidnappings, addressed the extortion calls that are from Taumulpas, near the border. I am pretty sure I have had about 4 but thought it was a political group and said, "sorry, not interested and hung up"
When the parents of the kidnapped children in San Juan demanded Mario sign a paper contradicting the kidnapping of their missing kids, Mario refused. Everyone went nuts evidently. Good for them , I say.

Chapala had a more intelligent meeting with the commandante from there who admitted everything was pretty much true, etc.
Friends told me at one point the cammandante of Chapala was trying to calm folks by saying the the 18 dismembered body parts were not really 18 total bodies and that later in Ajijic the cops raided a house with a big feezer,with body parts also but some of those body parts belonged to the other body parts in Ixlahuacan.
They said one gringo was taken and released and the traficantes told him they were not interested in the Gringo community...So why did they take him??!! and then just let him go???! Yeah, like THAT happened.

The meeting in San Juan was packed, mostly Mexican, they were totally disgusted with the meeting also. Carlos Najera did not even show but sent a soldier to give the message that it is was everyone's responsibility to report everything, Of course, they offered no additional protection, of which there is NONE, and people have been killed for this, then the new FAT commandante of Joco said we should all come up in person after the meeting to report anything and it would be totally anonymous- Can you imagine?????!!
Anonymity in person---am I missing something here or is this guy a total MORON.!!!!
And then a guy started taking a video of everyone who was at the meeting with his cell phone and being very obvious about it.. Of Course, I was sitting right up front so I could better understand the Spanish.
NOW Mario's WIFE is running for the new Presidente!!!

Anyway, I left when the question and answer thing started and the first guy was from Tlaquichilco, which he could not even pronounce and neither could the Director of Public Security, which is Chapala-Hello????

Just being vigilant and living my life. I still feel less stress here than I did in the US trying to make a living and the way the election is shaping up, I may just vote for the Libertarian Gary Johnson.

A Mexican friend of mine was stopped by state police 2 days ago, who are here for civil protection, TWICE on the way back from Chapala and they extorted $50 USD each time.

Well that is the news from here. I have to go now and report anonymously in person any suspicious activity,,,which is mostly the police, by the way.

And if you remember when the kidnapping and executions started in Jocotopec many months ago. Ransom paid by the father and the son executed any way, the Presidente of Jocotopec conveniently left for the US. I can understand the sentiments of the local Mexican people.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun May 20, 2012 10:53 am

simpsca wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

Yes, they did accidentally capture an NOB. Shot one of his dogs, but let him go - left him tied up and took the 4 Mexicans including one woman. I believe he is leaving Mexico.

You will find the post "Summary of the Town Hall Safety Meeting" in Octagon under "Local Rumours and Criminal Activity" in which Chief Contreras stated this.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun May 20, 2012 10:59 am

GBATRUCKS wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

I didn't write it, just quoted the opinion of soemone who was there. I do agree with you. The narco's are smart enough to not target us...nothing to gain. I'm more concerned about locals like the baracho that hit me up on the street with a "hey, my friend" b.s., wanted me to give him 5 pesos, I passed & got the "this is my country...why don't all you F...... gringos go home!".. that's the 3rd time I've had that happen in 7 years. Don't confuse the cultural deferencial courtesy with friendship.

That's no different than the beggars in Montreal who walk the streets. I was there 3 years ago and this woman came up to me asking for money. I told her to get a job. She replied go F... yourself.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun May 20, 2012 11:26 am

They grabbed the Belgium man because he happened on the group of narcos who had prisoners, they killed his dog, kept him overnight and let him go, I do not see whay that is not plausible.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4